The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2005, 04:43 AM   #26
4x4Poet

I think "Deuce" was kidding us with his question. Shadetree, you reinforced my commitment to add shoulder belts to my trucks. I'm glad you didn't suffer major injuries. Broke the column bearings, eh? Tough chest you've got there.

I'd follow what happens to the illegal. See if the authorities let him go on his own recognizance till his hearing. You know, to see if they'll give him the chance to again hide himself from the authorities, just as he had done up to this point. I'd also check if the authorities try to deport him in conjunction with his criminal proceedings. Few things anger me more than when the feds fail to deport prosecuted illegals, whether found guilty of a crime or not.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #27
69 Short Fleet

Hope you have a speedy recovery & hope you can get your truck back on the road also! Regards Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:25 AM   #28
C10 Club Tennessee

Was the guy drunk? I'm not sure how it is everywherelse but here in TN there's a good chance they are hammered. We get a call every Saturday and Sunday morning anywhere b/t 3am-6am about a possible drunk driver on a certain Hwy here in town. The town that connects to ours with that highway stops selling beer at 2am, so they start driving over here to by alcohol. I'm waiting now for the call.......it's like clockwork.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #29
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

glad to see you went to the Doc.
at least your possibilities of injury are documented.
unless the frame is like the one Longhornman used to have it should be fixable. when mine was hit from the side the ins. co. said they did not want to total it because "there is no market for these trucks"
I talked quite often to a friend who owns a popular collision center here & was he told me to document everything I had done to it. even pay myself fair labor. after the ins co saw what I had into it & where was going with it they aggreed tio see my side. mentioning this board helped also. nothing like having over 15,000 guys mad at them.
summary; show investment & dont take any crap.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #30
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

This Really Sucks, Glad To Here You Are Ok
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #31
obsesive23
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlilly
That's crazy! Makes me want to go to the border with a sniper rifle. I hope your feeling better. I'd go to the ER just to make sure there's no internal injuries.
That's funny you sound like my dad!

Glad to hear you're ok.

72 2WD Blazer, under going porter built surgery
67 GT Mustang fastback
67 Mustang coupe C/S clone
64 Falcon sprint hardtop
obsesive23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #32
mr402

72, Just glad to hear your OK. Take it easy today and enjoy the race.
mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #33
71Longbed
Not Mine But A beauty

i bet the native americans wanted to do the same thing with the sniper rifle when england settled the colonies or mexico when 4 of their states where stolen from them
71Longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #34
dtlilly
Account Suspended

but that was then, this is now. Disliking certain immigrant groups have a long and celebrated history in America.

<edit> nuff said about that subject,don't let this turn in to a political thread.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:09 PM   #35
chevyboy55

Danged aliens, they outta send em back to thier own planet
chevyboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #36
Trifelynn

72shadetree-

I had a very similar accident. The cause was different...I fell asleep on 580/680(california) on a Friday afternoon in rushour. Anyone around Vallejo, Fairfield area should know what I am talking about. The traffic is horrific. Anyways, fell asleep, hit the center divide on both driver side front fender and bed. I don't know how I missed it, but I didn't hit the cab. After that, I over corrected and slid in some rocks by the center divide, turned a 45 degree angle to the right...and shot straight across the two laned, packed, highway, and shot over the little curb, and down into the ditch. I came down so hard, the top radiator hose, came down and the fan...didn't have a shroud...whooopsy. Off duty CHP saw me, called in a tow truck, and a highway patrol...The mile counter said I was "13" friggin miles from home...dang it!!!!

Anyways...the front hit so hard, it bent the front horn...took it to a frame shop in Cali, they straightened it for 900 buckaroonies...that wasn't cheap to a Senior in high school...Everything was fine after that...as far as the truck is concerned...but for some reason I still wet the bed...j/k...here is a few pictures of the truck, before after the wreck, and after I tried to fix it...
Nevermind...the pictures are too big...anyone know how to shrink them?

Lenny
Attached Images

Last edited by Trifelynn; 02-20-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Trifelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #37
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifelynn
Nevermind...the pictures are too big...anyone know how to shrink them?Lenny
I open mine in paint and shrink them. I am sure there are other better ways out there to.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #38
Trifelynn

There we go...that is before the wreck...and these two are after the wreck
BTW...this is the truck that I bought from someone in Turlock California...they heated the springs, and put that gawd-aweful 80's silverado badge on the side...I was young and didn't know any better....
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #39
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifelynn
72shadetree-

I had a very similar accident. The cause was different...I fell asleep on 580/680(california) on a Friday afternoon in rushour. Anyone around Vallejo, Fairfield area should know what I am talking about. The traffic is horrific. Anyways, fell asleep, hit the center divide on both driver side front fender and bed. I don't know how I missed it, but I didn't hit the cab. After that, I over corrected and slid in some rocks by the center divide, turned a 45 degree angle to the right...and shot straight across the two laned, packed, highway, and shot over the little curb, and down into the ditch. I came down so hard, the top radiator hose, came down and the fan...didn't have a shroud...whooopsy. Off duty CHP saw me, called in a tow truck, and a highway patrol...The mile counter said I was "13" friggin miles from home...dang it!!!!

Anyways...the front hit so hard, it bent the front horn...took it to a frame shop in Cali, they straightened it for 900 buckaroonies...that wasn't cheap to a Senior in high school...Everything was fine after that...as far as the truck is concerned...but for some reason I still wet the bed...j/k...here is a few pictures of the truck, before after the wreck, and after I tried to fix it...
Nevermind...the pictures are too big...anyone know how to shrink them?

Lenny
yeah idrive a truck and come out that way the traffic is awful out there.

i looked at it today and it looks fixable.im just worried about the frame because the bed is kinda twisted and it was not hit.oh well if it is i have the other 72 im working on that frame is 50%stripped and primed.

no rest for me we had mom/dads 50th annv. party today didnt even get to watch race

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:16 PM   #40
SB_in_SC
'68 C10 SWB/FS 396/TH400

Hey guys,
Got a story that might make you feel better. One morning last year, a friend of mine was driving to work in a car his brother had given him the week before as a "work car". A little Nissan w/150k on it and bald tires, just something to drive the 60 miles to work and save on gas. He hadn't got a chance to replace the tires and it was raining like hell. He spun out on the local interstate and smacked and illegal broadside. No damage to the little Nissan but it really hammered the other guys car. Everyone was alright and my friend said he would call the police to file a report so his insurance would pay for the damage. The guy said "No. I don't have a license or insurance so just follow me to the next exit and give me a couple of hundred bucks for repairs." My friend said "fine" and off they went. When the guy went up the off ramp, my buddy floored it down the interstate to work!! What was the illegal gonna do? Call the police? No money for that guy! Should have had his lic. and ins.!!
Just a little story to brighten your day. Hope you get your ride fixed and feel better.
SB_in_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:43 PM   #41
67mbsc

Best Of Luck To You, and Sorry

Best of luck to you, with your injuries. I , like everyone else, recommends you to GO GET CHECKED. PERIOD.
AS for the illegals, we have TWO TONS of em here in Myrtle Beach, and they drive cars with North Carolina plates. Went to NC yesterday, they work at McDonald's, wherever, they collect food stamps,welfare WIC, DON'T pay taxes, and when I go to Walmart's they have two or three full buggies, HEAPED, and they pay with a WIC card!!!!!!!!!!! BURNS my A$$ big time!!!!!!!! Then, the "chimp" wants us to loosen border patrols and regulations? Hey, who is it that wants CA to allow illegals to drive anyway?????? We sure are a generous country, aren't we????????
67mbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:18 AM   #42
Alexis
Member since 2000

Glad you're ok dude! Aything can be fixed. Goodluck with the insurance and getting it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mbsc
AS for the illegals, we have TWO TONS of em here in Myrtle Beach, and they drive cars with North Carolina plates. Went to NC yesterday, they work at McDonald's, wherever, they collect food stamps,welfare WIC, DON'T pay taxes, and when I go to Walmart's they have two or three full buggies, HEAPED, and they pay with a WIC card!!!!!!!!!!! BURNS my A$$ big time!!!!!!!! Then, the "chimp" wants us to loosen border patrols and regulations? Hey, who is it that wants CA to allow illegals to drive anyway?????? We sure are a generous country, aren't we????????

They do pay taxes they just can't claim them.........if they work a legit job with a fake SSN, where does the money that is deducted go too? Billions of dallors are brought in from there un-claimed money that is given to uncle sam. When they buy stuff from stores just like you would, they pay taxes.

Why let them drive legally? so they can get a license and insurance. IMO it is better that an illegal drive legally and have coverage then not have a damn thing. You'd be amazed how much illegal add to the economy.

Last edited by Alexis; 02-21-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:29 AM   #43
4x4Poet

I'd rather be amazed at how much new, legal immigrants add to the economy after the illegals are all shipped back to their respective home countries.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #44
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Sorry to hear about your accident, Am illegal ran into my yard about two years ago, slammed my 93 gmc and tried to run . unfortunately for her, her car was totaled and I was outside in my shorts with my Beretta 96 in about 30 seconds flat . I ran up to her car and she was drunk trying to start the car with the battery sitting in the next yard.
oj70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #45
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

i noticed today that the wheel and fender look to close.so i got out the ruler cant remeber the measurements but it was right at 3/4 in off.i checked the wheel base length from frt to rear the driver side was that much shorter

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote