The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #26
71Dragtruck

I used stainless steel line and brass compression fittings, you should be able to pick up the parts a auto supply store. I got most of the stuff at Napa, and Acklands, the rest at a local machine shop.
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #27
R@nger
Psalm 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck
I used stainless steel line and brass compression fittings, you should be able to pick up the parts a auto supply store. I got most of the stuff at Napa, and Acklands, the rest at a local machine shop.
Hey thanks alot...did ya make it cheaper than 80 bucks?

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy
R@nger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #28
71Dragtruck

Around $25, plus the reg and gauge. That's with the adapter fittings for the carb, hard line was free, and I borrowed a guy's double flare tool to make the carb connections. Yes I know you aren't suppose to double flare stainless steel, but it worked for me.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #29
Purs
Got Big Block?

very nice. I'd like some more info on the baffeled breathers. take a look at my pic in my sig. I spun mine up to 6k a few days ago and puked a fair amount of oil through my cheap breathers....
Old 08-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #30
R@nger
Psalm 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck
Around $25, plus the reg and gauge. That's with the adapter fittings for the carb, hard line was free, and I borrowed a guy's double flare tool to make the carb connections. Yes I know you aren't suppose to double flare stainless steel, but it worked for me.
Man I tell ya what if you could make me a list of the things I need and where I can pick them up I would love you long time ! I'm really walking around in the dark here as I don't have any experience with making fuel lines.

Sorry to cut into your thread here but I really am interested in how ya made that.

Teach this man to fish.

"Peter are you sleeping on the job? No I have a bug in my eye and I'm trying to suffocate him." - Family Guy
Old 08-12-2005, 11:04 PM   #31
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purs
very nice. I'd like some more info on the baffeled breathers. take a look at my pic in my sig. I spun mine up to 6k a few days ago and puked a fair amount of oil through my cheap breathers....
They are Moroso breathers, they come in a kit with the 2 breathers and tubes part #68800. My valve covers came blank and I drilled and welded in the tubes. they are meant more for circle track applications. Here is a pic, the tubes are about 3" long ad have baffles in them.
Attached Images

Last edited by 71Dragtruck; 08-12-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #32
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@nger
Man I tell ya what if you could make me a list of the things I need and where I can pick them up I would love you long time ! I'm really walking around in the dark here as I don't have any experience with making fuel lines.

Sorry to cut into your thread here but I really am interested in how ya made that.

Teach this man to fish.
Not sure where to start, no problem helping you out, but I don't have any part numbers for you. What I used was parts I had, never really thought it would be something people would want. The line is 3/8", the fittings are compression fittings for 3/8" tubing, 3/8" thread. The tee I have is 2- 3/8" female by 1 3/8" male fitting. going to the carb is 3/8" flare fittings, they screw into addapters to fit a Demon carb ( 9/16"-20 thread). What you could do is take a pic of mine, and your carb to a auto parts store and ask them to help you with the fittings you need. The thing is I also used some specialty tools to bend and flare the line, and you might not have access to these things. Next spring I will likely be changing it out when I add nitrous, would be happy to sell it then, but unless you are running a demon carb and high pressure pump it won't do you any good. what are you running for a carb and fuel pump, maybe I can help you set up something cheap for your application.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:31 AM   #33
R@nger
Psalm 23

I will most likey be running a Street Avenger carb(dual fuel inlets) and a standard ol mechanical fuel pump. My current carb(quadrajet) has seen its last days as I believe its getting warped so its time to upgrade. I just really didn't want to run a hard line up from the fuel pump as its a real tight fit and I don't won't to put to many bends in the line(such as there is in my current line).

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #34
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochran63
I wish somebody made a descent cowl hood for the 60-66's.
www.usbody.com/pages_trucks/60-chevy.htm
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #35
llegos

I have a REALLY stupid question, so dont make too much fun of me...I see all these people with their chrome valve covers, and such with breathers, but when you all change your oil, where do you pour the new stuff in? My truck has the filler hole for the oil in the back...so does it matter where you put the oil in from as far as the valve covers or what?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #36
R@nger
Psalm 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by llegos
I have a REALLY stupid question, so dont make too much fun of me...I see all these people with their chrome valve covers, and such with breathers, but when you all change your oil, where do you pour the new stuff in? My truck has the filler hole for the oil in the back...so does it matter where you put the oil in from as far as the valve covers or what?

llegos go back to page one where someone asked the exact same question...the answer is there too .

Last edited by R@nger; 08-14-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:09 PM   #37
llegos

haha, thanks. my comp lags sometimes, and can skip over a couple posts when im scrolling down. thanks for that. now it wont be so confusing once i get my chrome covers and try to change oil...
Old 08-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #38
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@nger
I will most likey be running a Street Avenger carb(dual fuel inlets) and a standard ol mechanical fuel pump. My current carb(quadrajet) has seen its last days as I believe its getting warped so its time to upgrade. I just really didn't want to run a hard line up from the fuel pump as its a real tight fit and I don't won't to put to many bends in the line(such as there is in my current line).

Thanks for your help!

All you need is a chrome Holley line fo duel feed carb, $15-20 bucks at Jeg's or Summit. You could run a rubber hose from the pump to it, I know alot of people don't like that but it's the cheapest, $20 complete set up. You could go with braded line from your pump to carb for a bit more around $75 complete. Summit part # SUM-G3156 $37.95 plus Russell part #799-641090 $39.99 will give you a braided line setup with a nice braided bowl feed line a really sweet set up for the price ( what I would use if I wee you ). Or the cheapest way would be Mr.Gasket part # 720-1552 $15.99 plus a Mr.Gasket part #720-2965 $4.69 plus a piece of rubber hole and clamps. Lot's of options depending on your budget.

Last edited by 71Dragtruck; 08-14-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #39
R@nger
Psalm 23

Yeah I'm on a very tight budget but I want quality so I guess I'll be saving for a bit. I'm gonna go with that braided line setup you suggested.

Thanks again.

Old 08-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #40
71Dragtruck

It's a good choice, might as well save in the start, or you will just end up redoing it later.