The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 AM   #26
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Re: road trip from bakersfield ca. & marysville wa.

Hey, glad you made it! It must have been fun or interesting at least Can't wait to hear the stories!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)

Last edited by stllookn; 02-13-2006 at 03:44 AM.
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #27
68chevylwb

Ok here goes.
Long trip up to Marysville Washington state from Bakersfield California also most 1100 miles and stopped two nights best western. Well showed up in Marysville about 1:30pm Friday feb.10 called Dan on his cell phone. Dan said he would be home about 2:30 or so. key in ash tray look over the motor home
So I worked it over checking everything. Dan showed up exchange money for title. Talked about 30 or 40 min. then drove this big old beast to gas up and air up tires. only had to add 6 gallons to fill up. and on the road I went brakes not to good but I’ll manage it.stopped every 100 miles or so to gas up the gas guage didn't work. checked tire/oil/water. after a two or three stops for gas i was pulling a big hill some where in washington and it happen! off came the fan belt. made it off the freeway ok. put the belt back on and made it to a truck stop where a big lady or maybe a big guy ?? and a old man with no teeth. after asking how much to put a belt on ($60.00) i left pulled into the parking lot and put the belt on in about 30 min.on the road again! after more gas stops and right at the line between oregon/calif. at night i lost the battery it went dead going up another hill. after i put the new battery in that i brought with me i made into yreka. best western again for the night.
next day up and on the road again running good until sacramento when i lost the upper rad. hose. going 70 in the truckers lane when i looked into the mirror to get off the road it happened again!!!!! the camper patio blow off same time.(holy sh..) fix upper hose along the freeway.then back on the road
looking for a better place to pull over and call some one about the patio in the road (with the rear plate) here comes the chp in the fast line i was in the slow lane chp pasted then pulled over to my lane and stopped on the side of the road i pulled in behind the chp. pissed off because he had to stop on a 6 lane freeway and pull this 300 pound patio off the road. after a long talk he let me go no ticket. chp said will leave the paito for cal trans to clean up.
after to more gas stops the rest or the trip went ok. 84.968 gallons of gas for the camper cost $200.94 dollars about 13 miles to the gallon of gas not bad. other then these problems this camper down a ran great. ran about 55 to 70. p.s. brakes started to work right when i got into calif.
.................................................................................................... ..
thanks to all those people that offered to help. promblems where not that bad had all the parts i needed.
.................................................................................................... .
long trip but wife said never ever again. dont think i forgot inning thing. it was a fun trip for me. nice camper to play with. dan was super nice guy. camper was just as picture show. good deal me.
....................................................................................................
Roger
68chevylwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:43 AM   #28
classicchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68chevylwb
road trip next week end to marysville in washington state to pick up and chevy truck motor home.coming from bakersfield calif. anyone along the way that mite be able to help if this motor home should have any trouble.
would be nice.it's all most 17 hours one way. will be taking my tools and alot of other spare and new parts in case there is trouble. but a little help would be nice along the way if there is any trouble.
....................................................................................................
thanks in advance roger
..........................................................................................

Does this sound familiar or what?????? Same weekend, same area

Take extra fuel filters, If it hasnt ran in a while you may need them.

Good luck, Darren
Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 AM   #29
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Hey...that sounds like a great trip! I am surprised that you could not talk the CHP into helping you recover your patio! That is one of the coolest parts of that rig. Glad to hear you made it home safe though and with excellent gas mileage too!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #30
70 net440

Glad you made it home OK. My father-in-law owns the Best Western in Yreka. That hill between us and Oregon eats up a lot of cars. I used to work in a transmission shop here. In the summer that hill smokes a lot of motor home trannys. Sounds like you got off luckey.
70 Dart Swinger
71 K10
70 net440 is offline   Reply With Quote