The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #26
1969k10stepside

Re: Anybody know Greenmonster??

1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #27
Green Monster

ebay states they need 24 to 72 hours to review notifications of listing violations. Well I put the notification in last night...

This is entertaining though. I just hope some sucker doesn't send this a-hole a check.

I just checked my garage... it's still there. Whew...

Last edited by Green Monster; 03-22-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #28
kw

Great opportunity to bid it way up. Maybe a $1,000,000 offer?

I saw some guys doing that with some old cane fly rods recently...
kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #29
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
ebay states they need 24 to 72 hours to review notifications of listing violations. Well I put the notification in last night...

This is entertaining though. I just hope some sucker doesn't send this a-hole a check.

I just checked my garage... it's still there. Whew...
I noticed that the guy also used a short 5 day listing. I bet he knew that the lead time for an investigation takes a while and is trying to have the auction end before ebay checks it out. The guy may also after bidding ends send a fake second chance offer saying that he will take the last bid and to send the cash. I hope they catch this sucker before he gets somebodies hard earned money.
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #30
Chevyman63
Can't wait to retire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLAZN View Post
I noticed that the guy also used a short 5 day listing. I bet he knew that the lead time for an investigation takes a while and is trying to have the auction end before ebay checks it out. The guy may also after bidding ends send a fake second chance offer saying that he will take the last bid and to send the cash. I hope they catch this sucker before he gets somebodies hard earned money.
This guy is a real butt nugget!!

2009 4x4 Chevy Crew Cab 6.0
1989 4x4 Siverado (270,000 miles)
1972 4x4 Blazer
2007 Chevy Cutaway 1 ton
1970 Corvette (sons project)

RIP
- CLR 10/11/09
Chevyman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #31
BlazerAddict

Hi Everyone, I’m new to the form and fallow the discussions here. I have a blazer addiction and just bought my fifth one recently on EBay no doubt. I recognized the Green machine right away and thought “O- S*#T". I should have waited and bought that truck! I sent the fraudulent lister an email stating I need time to work things out to get this truck… LOL.I also said that I can’t believe you are selling it. Well no reply. Go figure. Nice Rig!!
BlazerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #32
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Quote:
Ahh... very observent. That is a scam. The description and images were stolen right from my cardomain page. Lookingtobuy sent me a PM today. I guess I should be flattered that someone thought enough of my Blazer to list it on ebay. I notfied ebay this afternoon. I have not heard back from them yet. I'm a bit curious as to what it will sell for though. You can count me being dead before that Blazer ever goes up for sale. I would appreciate if you guys send me a PM when this happens.

As for the CST panels... I was just trying to find a cheaper orginal replacement looking alternative than the $459 set I bought.
Hey Green Monster,
Why don't you put an outragous bid on it. Win it and just let him try to make you pay for your own truck. You could help catch this ace hole. He's got to give an address or email to send money to. Maybe Shifty could run a trace on this guy somehow.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 03-23-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #33
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Angry Re: Anybody know Greenmonster??

Here's the message I just sent to him. Piece of work!!

Quote:
Are you sure this isn't a blazer from PA? It looks suspiciously like the one on this site - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2279362 Also, I think that there are a few of us onto you're scam. Look here - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=232583

I didn't know how close lenexa was to PA.

Jerk!!
Later,
Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:46 AM   #34
Green Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks View Post
Hey Green Monster,
Why don't you put an outragous bid on it. Win it and just let him try to make you pay for your own truck. You could help catch this ace hole. He's got to give an address or email to send money to. Maybe Shifty could run a trace on this guy somehow.

I have been blocked from bidding. This is the message I received from ebay when attempting to place a bid.

Transaction Blocked
Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.
Please note: You may not use other eBay accounts to bid on this seller's listings. Doing so may result in your indefinite suspension from eBay.

Last edited by Green Monster; 03-23-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #35
Green Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDDY View Post
Here's the message I just sent to him. Piece of work!!

Are you sure this isn't a blazer from PA? It looks suspiciously like the one on this site - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2279362 Also, I think that there are a few of us onto you're scam. Look here - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=232583

I didn't know how close lenexa was to PA.

Jerk!!

Later,
Buddy
I would rather that you did not send all the details to him. Makes it a little hard to counter scheme. It's done though.

If this auction completes, we need to notify the winning bidder and runner ups that this is a scam when the bidding completes on Sunday at 4:10 PM EST. When bidding completes, we can look at the bid history and send messages to them. If several of us notify the high bidders and link this page, they will know the truth before they give money to this guy.

Last edited by Green Monster; 03-23-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #36
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Arrow Re: Anybody know Greenmonster??

Quote:
I would rather that you did not send all the details to him. Makes it a little hard to counter scheme. It's done though.

If this auction completes, we need to notify the winning bidder and runner ups that this is a scam when the bidding completes on Sunday at 4:10 PM EST. When bidding completes, we can look at the bid history and send messages to them. If several of us notify the high bidders and link this page, they will know the truth before the give money to this guy.
Sorry, just trying to expose him. Or let him know that he's exposed.

Agreed about the notification of the bidders. Perhaps they will start looking on here for an ACTUAL blazer that's for sale once we make them aware of the site.

Later,
Buddy
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #37
herb101
Used Register

eBay has just recently changed their policies that will make it impossible to warn others of these scams - bid history data is now being hidden and it only shows "bidder1", "bidder2" etc.

eBay must be on to the fact that they make money from the scammers

Herb
herb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #38
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #39
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Sad thing is he's probably painting a rust bucket Blazer right now to look like GM...or had one that looked similar and just put a set of wheels and tires on it along with a cheapo lift kit. The last time I bid on something of significant value on eBay and did not win, I was swamped with second chance offers. It was worse than SPAM!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I have been blocked from bidding. This is the message I received from ebay when attempting to place a bid.

Transaction Blocked
Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.
Please note: You may not use other eBay accounts to bid on this seller's listings. Doing so may result in your indefinite suspension from eBay.
EBAY SUCKS!!!It takes days to rid a scam,but you got banned immediately.I`m sorry.I`ve never needed them to find my deals and more and more I see them as an uncaring selfish entity that I won`t patronize.Y`all do what you want.They can stick it as far as this boy`s concerned.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #41
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

There sure are alot of bid retractions for the Blazer. Something is going on. I have a differant name on ebay, I asked the seller if he would take a "buy it now offer" and how would he like to be paid for the truck. We will see if he contacts me.

"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Old 03-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #42
Green Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb101 View Post
eBay has just recently changed their policies that will make it impossible to warn others of these scams - bid history data is now being hidden and it only shows "bidder1", "bidder2" etc.

Herb
Yeah... but you can notify after the auction is over. The names of the bidders are displayed then. You only need to inform the winner and runner ups.

Last edited by Green Monster; 03-24-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #43
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Hey Green Monster,
I'm thinking of putting in a high bid to try and win it. If I win then I could get an address and a name to the person and place a check is to be mail to. I wonder If I will damage my standing with ebay.

"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 03-24-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #44
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks View Post
Hey Green Monster,
I'm thinking of putting in a high bid to try and win it. If I win then I could get an address and a name to the person and place a check is to be mail to. I wonder If I will damage my standing with ebay.
They could turn you in as a none paying bidder and leave negative feedback for you. Ebay may fix it if they find out the whole story.

I did a little search on the guys user name since it looked like a real name. My results show that there is a real Raymond Tanguay in Lenexa KS. He is 63 years old, so this may be the real guy, or someone using his name as a front.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #45
Green Monster

Wow... looking up names and age. Where do you find that kind of information? Ebay indicates they are aware of the problem. I just chatted with them today.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #46
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Quote:
Wow... looking up names and age. Where do you find that kind of information? Ebay indicates they are aware of the problem. I just chatted with them today.
I got it off one of those public information sites. Since his user name is raymondtanguay I figured his name was Raymond Tanguay and I punched that name in for Kansas.That is all the information that you can get for free, but you can buy a full background check for about $40 . It is scary what you can find out about a person if you try. I have never bought anything from there services, but I have located which cities old friends now live in just by using the free information. This guy would have been stupid to use his own name, but I guess criminals are not that bright sometimes.

Anyway, I am glad Ebay is up to speed on this one. I know that people get upset with them, but they really have a full plate right now with all the scams going on. It is this type of thing that may bring an end to them. It use to be a fun little site to buy a sell on and I hope they can get a handle on it. It does make me think twice about selling my Blazer on there though.

The last thing I would like to do is commend everyone on this site for getting right on top of this and trying to stop the scammer . This kind of thing make this the great site that it is, and I am proud to be a member of it !!!!! It looks like I may need to break a little money out of the Blazer budget and become a supporting member.

Last edited by ABLAZN; 03-24-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #47
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I can't believe this crap, it still baffles me
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #48
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Angry Re: Anybody know Greenmonster??

it's really hard to believe there are crooks like this out there. if that blazer was originally from ripon, ca., i live less than an hours drive from there. super clean truck, hope the crook gets nailed hard. i'll be watching this one close.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #49
Green Monster

Thank you for all your help. This really is a fantastic site. This is the third time I was notified my Blazer was up for sale on ebay. So, I guess this is becoming common. The other listings were removed before I could even see them.

Agreed, this type of activity is what will cause the demise of ebay. Especially if they act slowly to correct these issues.

The first picture in the listing was taken by the previous owner before I purchased the Blazer in Ripon California and sent to me via email.

Jerry: The vehicle was owned by a gentleman by the name of Van Unen. You may know of Van Unen Propane if you live in the area.

Last edited by Green Monster; 03-24-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #50
jerry moss
Born Psycho

a friend of mine works for a propane company in ripon---maybe the same one???? next time i see him, i'll ask about it. hope everything works out for you. AND, i hope the bad guy gets his ass nailed to the cross.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote