The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #26
Robert1970C20rstbukt

Re: I fought the law and the law won

We're going through the same thing here, I have my Suburban parked at my Uncle's house in a lot next to the house. The bullsh!tter of a code enforcer says neighbors have been complaining about it because it's old and they don't want to look at it. I asked who was complaining 'cause I'll straighten 'em out, but they wouldn't tell me. So far we haven't heard anything else from 'em so maybe it'll quiet down. This ordinance was started in 2002, but wasn't enforced till last year.

1984 Chevrolet C30 welding truck 454/SM465
1977 GMC C15 pickup 350/TH350
1970 Chevrolet C20 pickup 350/TH400
1970 Chevrolet K20 Suburban 454/TH350
1969 GMC 8500 478M V6/5 spd winch truck
Robert1970C20rstbukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #27
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15DEFENSE View Post
do the mural! lmao
I so agree. Get the paint out and get your art going!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
shaneschevys
Its always something!

I am going through the same thing right now. The code says That I can have parts as long as they are antique, special interest, or for a collector vehicle. As long as they are out of sight of normal public view. Now the code enforcer says no to all the parts being there even though you cannot see the parts unless you climb the fence. She even says that I connot park my 1 ton loaded with parts in the street. Isnt street parking a police issue? Not code compliance. Cant get any one to return my calls so I guess I will find out when she comes back to harass me.
67 GMC One Ton Flatbed
64 Short Fleetside
57 Chevy 2DR Hard Top
57 Chevy 2dr wagon
65 f*** short fleet
63 C 60 Flatbed

Member of the patina club
shaneschevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #29
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstm68 View Post
are the trucks behind the fence
yup. if you look at the truck on the far right in the first picture, then look at the same spot in the second pic, you can see its hood sticking up over the top of the fence.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Paint the mural, and paint pictures of the neighbors wives in compromising positions, and paint the code enforcement guy in a speedo.

See how they like that.

Can you tell I also have to hide my trucks.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.

Last edited by FleetsidePaul; 05-21-2007 at 02:33 PM.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #31
70rs/ss

I live in Government quarter's, so I have to abide by the "rules" even though I am not the only one with vehicles parked all over. I have butted heads over and over. I live in the middle of no where, but I am still not immune to people not minding their own F'ing business!! I would paint the trucks on there, or better yet a huge F'ing thank you note to the neighbors for tending to your business!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #32
Canadian694x4
Born To Lose Club

Location: Calgary, Alberta/Oxenden, Ontario, Great White North

Paint the mural on there!
1972 GMC K2500 Custom LWB Fleetside - Proud Owner For 2 Yrs - 1 of 571 Built & Sold In Canada! - 350 V8/SM465/NP205, 4” Rough Country Lift, 33” Interco TSL Thornbirds
2007.5 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD 4x4 - Proud Owner For 15 Yrs
- 6.6L V8 Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000, 2" Lift, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ's.
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700r - Proud Owner For 13 Yrs - ITP Mud Lites.
2015 John Deere 1025R - Proud Owner For 6 Yrs - 24HP Diesel/H120/54D/260B/SB1154.
Canadian694x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
BurnoutNova

your lucky you even get to keep them, in lincoln NE the have a junk vehickle ordinance... and that applies to all non running/ or non liscenced / and insured vehicles.

i had my nova and my dads 67 camaro BEHIND my garage, totally enclosed by a 6' cedar fence, so you could only see it from above, and the cops gave me 2 junk vehicle warning tickets, and gave me 30 days notice to remove them, or they would.

so now i have historical liscence plates on them and they sit out where everyone can enjoy them now.

anytime i get a parts vehicle, or am working on somthing for a friend i get the cops attention. it sucks
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #34
Scott Webster
Sheetmetal Psycho

A guy at work had the same problem, only there is,t any law preventing him from having farm equipment out front. So, now he lines his one sode road front to back with stuff so bad off it needed a push with a bulldozer. the best thing is that the enforcer has to drive that side road to get home
Future mods: 67 front clip

Webby's Rigginations - where everything has potential!
Scott Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #35
jimfulco

Ask them if it's legal to put ornamentation on the fence. If they say it's OK, use old rusty fenders & doors.
jimfulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #36
BarryB

I'll tell you what a guy in Ga. did. He was getting complaints about his projects. So he read up on the "law". It said he could plant a living fence. And had 25 years for it to grow in. So he went and got the smallest hedges he could get and planted them along his property line. the fence is up but only about a foot high. I thought that was funny!!!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:40 AM   #37
basketcase

Tell them you're an illegal alien. Then not only can you keep the trucks but they will probably bring you some gov'mt money too.

I also recommend that everyone on this board join the SEMA Action Network. It's free. Their business is protecting the hobbyist from stupid legislation. There is strength in numbers when it's time to deal with politicians.

Tom

Last edited by basketcase; 05-22-2007 at 11:39 AM.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:04 AM   #38
AR15DEFENSE
Resident Absorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
Tell them you're an illegal alien. Then not only can you keep the trucks but they will probably bring you some gov'mt money too.

Tom

What a crock of s#!t

Last edited by AR15DEFENSE; 05-22-2007 at 02:04 AM.
AR15DEFENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 AM   #39
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
I'd never make it in the city. I'm afraid there would be bloodshed before it was all over.
Those laws are completely ignorant and worthless, (along with the people that make and enforce them).
A person buys property, but the neighbors don't like what he has or what he doing, so he can't do it?
If that's the case, I should be able to file a complaint when the neighbors fat, ugly wife comes outside. I don't like it so she shoudn't be able to do it! (Just an exampleguys... )

Total BS as far as I'm concerned.
Thank You! I am in tears now

I have had to deal with this in the past and I lived in the country well it was at my parents house when I was a teenager and raced circle track.

The idiot actually said what about that car it's not licensed or registered it can't be here. It did not take long after that comment for him to be asked to leave the (not very nicely I must say) property and may I add he never returned I think he about Sh%! himself when my Dad and I lost it.

BTW there is only 8 houses on the road my parents live on and my my parents spend a great deal of money on landscaping yearly. I really think that the real problem was jelousy in our case.

I say do the mural! It would be the best to see the look on there faces when your neibors looked at it for the first time. piceless

RJ22
Attached Images

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #40
rickf

I don't know if you could pull this off with a truck, but I had a neighbor years back that had a sad looking boat project in the front yard. The city didn't give him grief, but the neighborhood association did. He built a nice set of stairs to the cockpit and beat the bastards in court with the magic phrase "children's play structure".
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #41
Overkill67

I have a similar issue. My '72 had a flat tire (was waiting for to get siome new rubber so why fix it) and they tagged it as a "junk" vehical because it was in operable. Then they proceed to tell me the neighbor(s) are complaining about my planting to many fruit trees and the wifes yuka plant border along the drive way.

I pointed out that the vegitation was not up for negotiation because it was my property and as long as I kept it from being overgrown and unmaitained as the "ordinance" said they could kiss my ass. They then said they would call for a tow truck to remove my "inoperable" vehical in 48 hours if I did not move it. So I told him to give me a minute and I would comply.....went in got the keys and then drove it around the block on the flat tire.

Got out looked at them and smiled and said "now I am in compliance, go screw with the douchebag that called on me that lets his little bastards rip up everyones lawn with their 2 stroke dirt bikes at 7am"

A couple of weeks latter they were back, this time *****ing about my homemade hog smoker, log splitter and my "industrial welding". I built both in my driveway and apearently they tell me I cant do that. You all know what I told them lol So I too put up a fence, made out of 2x6's and untreated/unpainted plywood.... the assistant inspector stopped by and was very decent and laughed and said "well you put up a fence so they cant see, and now they are complaining about a fence we can do nothing about" Looks ugly as hell, but I will leave it up for a couple more weeks then rip it down, just to prove my point lol
Overkill67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #42
69RAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
I don't know if you could pull this off with a truck, but I had a neighbor years back that had a sad looking boat project in the front yard. The city didn't give him grief, but the neighborhood association did. He built a nice set of stairs to the cockpit and beat the bastards in court with the magic phrase "children's play structure".
I put shrubs on the seat and a slide out the bed and got away with that. The guy complaing lived across the street so I painted a hulk on the garage door!!! lol. The city asked me to repaint, at the hearing it was ok'd as art! The judge was cool, he has 4-5 old cars, but he can afford a shop. I moved a year later ('94), the paint is still on the door!!!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #43
blazer72
Freedom isn't Free

Well, It only took me 5 months in the new house to have a complaint about my trucks again.

I bought a new house the end of January. Same town. 1.65 acres, trees surrounding me....except for a portion of the back yard, which is in my neighbor's back yard field of view. I cleared some trees, started bringing the trucks home. The first opportunity I had, I advised my backyard neighbor that I would be bringing a bunch of trucks home. I told them I knew they were an eyesore, so just give me a few months to settle in, and I would have a privacy fence up by the end of the summer.

By the 4th truck, they stated "I haven't slept since you brought those last couple home." "It's really starting to look like a junkyard." "What are your plans?" I reminded them that I would be putting up a fence.

Two weeks later, I put in 192 feet of fence posts (20 - 25 posts). Two weeks after that, the code enforcement officer was at the door giving me another 30-day notice. I told him that I had already started, and that it was $1500 worth of fence. He told me that if I needed more than the 30 days, to let him know. He was a lot cooler than the last one.

So, next weekend I'm spending a grand on 25 treated panels to block the neighbor's view of my trucks on my property.

You know, my house is in an area that doesn't even have city water, the local cable company, or natural gas available. It's not like its a residential edition or something.

BASTARDS!!!
62 chrysler imperial (hell yeah)
55 and 56 chevy hdtps
72 monte carlo
Daily Driver:
86 S-10 Blazer (drive it til I die) and 71 long fleet
Projects:
71 suburban, 72 C-30 Dually, 71 Chevy LWB
blazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #44
straitnate14

I think we all need to pitch in $20 for the guy to help him pay for the painter
Old 06-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #45
old Chevy guy

Did they make you rake up the leaves too? LOL
old Chevy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #46
Shane
Account Suspended

Wouldn't it be easier(and cheaper) to just get rid of a few trucks? Doesn't sound like they are doing much more than taking up space anyway.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #47
FormerMember
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Wouldn't it be easier(and cheaper) to just get rid of a few trucks? Doesn't sound like they are doing much more than taking up space anyway.
Heck, I would start collecting more of them.
FormerMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #48
blazer72
Freedom isn't Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
In my opinion, no 67-72 gm product will ever just "take up space."
blazer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #49
GKsport67

What You Did With The Chevy's?
GKsport67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #50
jerry moss
Born Psycho

boy these stories sure hit home, i've been in so many pissing matches with the city i lost count. last time it was a complaint saying i had 14 dogs-i have 5, which is legal-they had to come out and "count" dogs. it's a PITA.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote