The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #26
Green Monster

Re: How do you define "original"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
How does this one look for original?

http://ww2.collectorcartrader.com/de...0/90049590.htm

Dated? Yes. Original? No.

There the list of modifications to that Blazer could go on and on. Just because the mods took place in the 70's and 80's does not make it original. I'm particularly fond of the compass mounted to the dash next to the speedometer.

Last edited by Green Monster; 09-12-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #27
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

Lightbulb Re: How do you define "original"

I like it. The front posi and manual throttle are interesting options.

An afternoon of my time and all that extra garbage that has been added to that truck would be in the dumpster. That is a super nice Blazer to begin with.

I am surprised that it wasn't ordered with the 10-16.5 tire option.
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #28
lookingtobuy

I'll throw mine in here, It has been painted once,different radio,new windsheild and I think some of the grill is aftermarket,and those of you who know of my gas gauge issue, now know the sending unit is aftermarket. Other than that as far as I can tell this is pretty much original.
Attached Images

lookingtobuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #29
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

So, do add-ons make it not original? What if the add-ons are easily removed and don't require any major work to bring it back to factory stock?

lookingtobuy- are the seat covers stock? I don't believe I've ever seen that material. Also, your wheels are not stock. Overall, it is very close to original/stock, about as close as mine.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #30
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

because this is a truck site, ill only post about two of our trucks

1955 second series, short bed stepside, silver color, 6cyl 3 speed, no option truck but a radio i believe, no rear bumper. Low mileage, one owner (before us) and never been left outside or in the rain unless the guy was driving it. Other than maintence, this is untouched all orignal survivor.

Next is our 1958 long bed stepside, 3/4 ton chevy pickup. Apache, air, cursie, radio, hydramatic, baiscly every option you could get, not a half ton, but a three quarter ton.

We also have some mint unrestored untouched 55 chevy 210 2nd series 2 door post's, but this is a truck site so ill keep my voice down haha.

The 1955 is inside, but the 58 is outside, because its in the "Ready to restore" class.

i deem original as nobodys restored it, touched a major bolt, replaced the engine, took the heads off (french locks), orignal carb, no flunky goop, basicly untouched. I call anything restored to factory or dealer specs as "restored to original specs" not original. Really any variations from the dealer are considered modified cars in my book, not restored.

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums

Last edited by Walts_restoration; 09-12-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
lookingtobuy

Quote:
So, do add-ons make it not original? What if the add-ons are easily removed and don't require any major work to bring it back to factory stock?

lookingtobuy- are the seat covers stock? I don't believe I've ever seen that material. Also, your wheels are not stock. Overall, it is very close to original/stock, about as close as mine.
Hey Bouncy! I wasnt sure about the wheels, as far as i can tell the front seats and back seat match, the fronts are faded and cracked on the seat section, the back looks like new? Maybe reupholstered at some point?

Anyway I love it and it gets ALOT of attention.

I am adding to my stable, I just got a suburban off ebay last week and it should be here in the next few weeks. Not sure if any of you know it, hopefully its as good as my blazer!!!
Attached Images

lookingtobuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #32
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

Thumbs up Re: How do you define "original"

Quote:

The steering wheel looks like a later truck wheel.

I love it! I wish mine was all done!
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #33
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingtobuy View Post
I am adding to my stable, I just got a suburban off ebay last week and it should be here in the next few weeks. Not sure if any of you know it, hopefully its as good as my blazer!!!
Nice lookin' Burb. By the way, the wheels on it aren't stock either
Old 10-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #34
dazza

I think other than where numbers have to match, original manufacturer parts are still considered original. And like LongRoof was saying, what's the point of owning it if you're not gonna drive it.

Below is a link to some pix of my truck. I just recently started driving it again after storing it for some time (won't do that again) and would like some input if possible.

From what I was told when I bought it years ago, other than the things listed below, everything is stock.

- tires
- steering wheel
- radio
- tonneau cover

The one thing I'm unsure about is the cruise control. I'm pretty sure it is after-market because it isn't listed on the SPID label. Any help would be appreciated.

http://dmelander.net/lolita/

Thanks,

daz
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #35
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

dazza - looks like your truck might have a small lift, but I can't tell for sure - it may be just the tires. The wheels, steering wheel, seat cover, rear gas tank and possibly the rear bumper aren't original. They did put bumpers like that on the 67-68's, but I've never seen them on a 69-72. Overall, a very nice looking, clean truck.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #36
1969k10stepside

Ok,to me stock original condition is:
Stock,original paint
Stock height vehicle.
Stock rims,and hubcaps if equipped.Definitely no rallys if we are talking 67-72 since they werent offered.Stock size or maybe a little bigger or smaller tires.On a 4wd maybe a little more agressive tread.
Stock axles,no add on posi,lockers,etc except for what GM offered.
Stock height and stock suspension.
Discs on 71 and newer vehicles,and drums on pre 71s like from the factory.Drums on the back like stock.On 4wds no different hubs,lockouts,etc.Motor-stock.No cam upgrade,maybe a bore on the cylinders due to wear,but that's it.Stock carb,intake,and ramhorn exhaust,etc.Stock routing and stock quiet muffler.The body,how it was when it rolled off the line.No mods,no shaved emblems,no shaved sidemarkers,no shaved drip rails,no speaker holes in the doors,stock radio and speakers,stock gauges,stock seat,stock steering wheel,etc,etc.Stock is stock,how it was the day it came from the dealer,whether stock,or dealer installed accessores..I still consider it stock if the common items like oil filter,tires,fuel filter,air cleaner,etc,etc have been replaced but that's it.If it's lifted,lowered,loud,or has some rims,it ain't original.

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 10-07-2007 at 10:31 AM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 AM   #37
vtblazer

That's an almost unobtainable truck to find.
Surely the needle in the hay stack.

Why not a repaint to the original color?

These trucks were driven/used/repaired as something to get the job done, whatever it took to keep it going alot of times.

I believe their out there but not in drivable condition anymore.

Matter of fact, I looked at a 72 blazer yesterday, bought new by the owners grand father.
Stock/original in EVERY aspect, even more original than your description
rusted to death BECAUSE it was still all stock/original and never cared for or upgraded.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

The 327 was never a base V8.The 307 replaced the 283 as base V8 and the 350 replaced the 327 as optional V8.The 327 would be listed as an option.

I think original is how it leaves the dealer.If accessories were added when it was new on the lot,then it`s original.There`s always been "up-fitting" with trucks.A pickup,panel,Suburban,or Blazer are trucks with full bodies.Most trucks are cab`n`chassis or cowl`n`chassis and are not complete until sent out for upfitting to serve it`s purpose.So,if spotlamps,pinstripe,bumper guards,vent visors,compass,snow plow,winch,camper equipment,under-dash a/c,or anything else was added at the dealer I call it original.There`s "factory original",which would be a truck that saw no upgrades at the dealer.But,if a piece has been on a truck since new it`s original.Look at the "feathers" package and all the other "Mod Bods".Non left the factory,but it was a GM-only upgrade and is considered "original".Look at sliding rear glass,listed as an option,but installed after truck was built.That`s original.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #39
va_tlc

i define original as outa my price range.... but i do like it when people quote "ALL ORIGINAL" except the wheels and seat covers and steering wheel and the rear quarter was re-painted ohh and the motor has been changed but other than that its all original... cracks me up..

2006gt

1972swb4x4
va_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
dazza

Quote:
dazza - looks like your truck might have a small lift, but I can't tell for sure - it may be just the tires. The wheels, steering wheel, seat cover, rear gas tank and possibly the rear bumper aren't original. They did put bumpers like that on the 67-68's, but I've never seen them on a 69-72. Overall, a very nice looking, clean truck.
Thanks Bouncy, I appreciate the input.

Anybody have more input on the bumper?
Could the power steering be an add on or did they sell them with it? If so, would it be listed on the options ID?
Same question for the cruise control.

Thanks,

daz
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote