The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 AM   #26
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: Looking for some opinions on a potential purchase

personally, i like the whole truck minus the super wide whites and the stance. If i was in the market, this truck would be on my list. things look very clean and organized under the hood and in the cab/bed.

i'd be slightly concerned about the marker light only because it's going to be tough to repaint just one spot with that flat paint.

since there are still trim holes to fill, this probably isn't an issue.

I'd say go for it. I'd offer $7k cash for it based on what i see here and go from there.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:23 AM   #27
powerline84
Greasemonkey

i dont think 8500.oo is unreasonable for this truck. Look at some of the crap that sells on ebay for that much that isnt in near as good as shape. I would say if you offer him 7000 and he comes down to 7500-8000 i would buy it. WIth alittle more tlc this truck will kick ass

My Baby
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3113923
powerline84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #28
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: Looking for some opinions on a potential purchase

on the bedside marker light thing I would like to know and am gonna ask on another thread about the 67 bedside's ?
I saw someone had posted a pic of a new reproduction bedside box and it had on the front of it two box's outlined it said 67 and just below it said 68 and the 68 box was checked ? so did that mean they make the 67 only bedside's now ?
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #29
ratrod67

I'd like to say thanks to everyone except one for the comments on my truck. It's good to see how people react to my truck. Both positive and negative. I'm not really trying to sell my truck but if someone wants to pay my price it will move on down the road. I understand that not everyone will appreciate the way I built my truck but it's MY TRUCK. I built it and I paid for it. If someone wants to call my work sh***y it's fine by me. But please don't think I'm trying to get over on anyone. Why would I invite someone to my house in order to be able to "laugh my way to the bank with their check"? Please ask Rheemo if I showed the positives AND the negatives on my truck. I think he and anyone else who has met me will say I'm very fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
just seeing the engine compartment and the way he ran a rubber gas liline like that i'd have about zero confidence that he did any of the other work any better $1500-$1800
Cliff, this isn't the first time you have directed your negativity towards me. If you have a problem with me why don't you send me a PM and let me know what it is. Better yet, how about you post a couple pics of what your working on so I can see how the automotive master would build something. Maybe I'll learn a few things.
ratrod67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #30
powell72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod67 View Post

Cliff, this isn't the first time you have directed your negativity towards me. If you have a problem with me why don't you send me a PM and let me know what it is. Better yet, how about you post a couple pics of what your working on so I can see how the automotive master would build something. Maybe I'll learn a few things.

I completely understand where you're coming from, the truck isn't for sale unless someone wants to pay YOUR dollar figure, I'd be the same way, and if Rreemo agrees, that's for you two to work out.
What I don't understand is cdowns' constant negative and sarcarstic coments that he always throws around, and never says a word after that. Doesn't that comment border on bashing a members ride? It is of no help to the thread what so ever. I'd also like to see what he is working on.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #31
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

What he wants for it, and what you are willing to pay, may be one and the same OR it may not even be close. While the truck looks decent, it's still in primer or whatever you want to call it. If you wanted a finished, i.e. glossy truck, then this ain't it. And, before you can get it to looking like it should (my opinion), it's gonna need to be blocked and sanded, etc. The trim can be added, but it's not gonna look right with the whitewalls and the lowered stance.

Don't get me wrong. I like the looks of the truck. God knows I'd have been better off to buy a truck like that than sink even more money than that in the one I have sitting all over town.

You have to choose your battles as you go through life. What one may see as a battle, may only be a tiff to another.

Good luck on your decision-making.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #32
Rreemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod67 View Post
I'd like to say thanks to everyone except one for the comments on my truck. It's good to see how people react to my truck. Both positive and negative. I'm not really trying to sell my truck but if someone wants to pay my price it will move on down the road. I understand that not everyone will appreciate the way I built my truck but it's MY TRUCK. I built it and I paid for it. If someone wants to call my work sh***y it's fine by me. But please don't think I'm trying to get over on anyone. Why would I invite someone to my house in order to be able to "laugh my way to the bank with their check"? Please ask Rheemo if I showed the positives AND the negatives on my truck. I think he and anyone else who has met me will say I'm very fair.
Guess that answers the question whether or not the owner is a board member out here.

Sorry to advertise your truck, Scott. Was just looking for some other opinions....will attest to this board again that there is nothing being hidden on this one - if I were to buy this truck, I'd have 100% confidence in the man I'd be handing my money to.
00=ss=00
Rreemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #33
big_al_71

That truck looks cool!!!!
I dont understand why people want to always critizize others,,, that truck or any truck is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I know for a fact that it takes alot of $$$$ to get this rust buckets to be in great condition.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #34
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

I like this Truck and i'd feel good drivin it if I owned it, the worst of the work and the bulk of the work is done, and done well by all accounts. Rememeber when you buy any Classic vehicle there will always be something to do..and that's part of it, unless you can afford some pristine gleaming 100 point resto Truck with nothing to do....which you can then proudly trailer everywhere.
I think in your heart you want this one Rreemo, see if ratrod67 will round it off to $8,000.

Good luck.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote