The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #26
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: AR Superstore

well i guess i can post a little update here. after i got off the phone with minitruckin mag i called paypal and filed a claim instead of dispute. they said they will give them 10 days to respond, and if no response i get whatever i can back. if its not in his account, i get no refund, if it is in there then i get it back. this kinda pissed me off because i told them the company is no longer in business and they are just taking money, but i still had to wait the 10 days so oh well. today is the last day and i find something out tomorrow how much (if anything) i will get back. man this sucks...

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #27
nicke

bummer!
nicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #28
K.ronic

If your Pay Pal is set up through a credit card, your only course of action is to deal with the credit card company directly and file it as a fraudulent charge. Pay Pal is basicly worthless in these situations because most scammers don't keep the money in their account for any period of time because they know that the only thing Pay Pal can do about it is suspend their account if they don't have any money that can be frozen. I've actually seen people get less than a dollar back on a several thousand dollar transaction because that was all that was left in the account for Pay Pal to freeze.

If you have your Pay Pal set up through your bank account then I am sorry to say that you have absolutely NO recourse what so ever. Pay Pal is not, by any means, a safe way to do business at all, it's just the most commonly used (and misunderstood) service.
K.ronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 AM   #29
kev2809
low n' slo

ur absolutely right. everyone, including myself, thinks that because paypal is "verified and secure" your completely covered. this couldn't be farther from the truth. they only fully cover ebay transactions they say. and if this is the case, then when I say stop the gd transaction, this company is out of business...then do it and don't wait 10+ days for the seller to resolve it. they emailed yesterday confirming I won the dispute and am awaiting refund but I guess well see...

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
Old 09-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
K.ronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
ur absolutely right. everyone, including myself, thinks that because paypal is "verified and secure" your completely covered. this couldn't be farther from the truth. they only fully cover ebay transactions they say. and if this is the case, then when I say stop the gd transaction, this company is out of business...then do it and don't wait 10+ days for the seller to resolve it. they emailed yesterday confirming I won the dispute and am awaiting refund but I guess well see...
I honestly wish you the best, but I wouldn't count on there being anything to refund you with. One other option you have is to go to ic3.gov and try to file a complaint. In all honesty, ic3 is a crap shoot. If your transaction is under 10 grand then it will most likely fall through the cracks, but I have seen a few people get some sort of resolution through them. However, the people that did have luck with ic3 did so because there were SEVERAL other people that had been ripped off by the same person so collectively the total was WAY over the 10 g mark. If you have some phone numbers and some addresses whether they're good or not, I might have someone that I could put you in contact with that may be able to track him down for you (he's an ex bounty hunter not mafioso, LOL...)

Also, another little gold nugget of Pay Pal wisdom is about those eBay transactions you were talking about. Those aren't really that safe either. For a scammer to sucessfully evade any problems with Pay Pal or eBay itself, all they have to do is send a box with a tracking number to the buyer. It could be a box of rocks as long as it has a tracking number and was recieved by the buyer. Neither eBay or Pay Pal can prove or disprove that the buyer didn't recieve the merchandice and then file a fraudulent claim. The best way to cover your ass when buying things on the internet is to set up a Pay Pal account with a low limit credit card that you don't use for anything but Pay Pal stuff. That way if Pay Pal can't do anything for you (which is most often the case), you at least have the added buffer of your credit card company. CC companies tend to aggressively pursue fraud and are a much better line of defence than Pay Pal will ever be.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #31
kev2809
low n' slo

update: got my full refund. i think the guy doesnt know hes recieving money is my guess. but i consider myself lucky i got my refund. now back to ordering some parts!

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #32
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Oh man, that's sweet news!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #33
K.ronic

WOW! There's hope for the world yet! Glad to hear you got your money!!!