The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
SuperCheyenne72

Question Does This Happen To You Too?

I'm just curious to hear other people's stories on this because I am still new to "the eperience"...

After buying my first 1970 C-10 back in Nov. of 2000, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with pride on this Classic Chevy. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't a junker either. After a few weeks I began to notice other 67-72 chevy truck owners on the road.

It's hard to explain but I was overwhelmed with intentions of just waving hi to these strangers and I would normally never wave to ANYBODY!

My first experience was driving down a lonely 2-lane highway. In the distance of oncoming traffic I made out what appeared to be a 71' Chevy, no better or no worse condition than my own. Before he even got within eyesight I began gesturing "hi" inside my cab. As he came into view, I noticed he was gesturing right back at me in the same manner. It's like we both did it at the same time... I was floored. Wow.

Does this sound right? From then on, have I become an elite member in some sorta secret society of esteemed 67-72 Chevy truck owners? Do we have this secret head nod when we are beside each other at redlights? Do we always flash our head lights at each other in the broad daylight when crossing paths? If so, I love being a 67-72 Chevy truck owner, It's like we all truly understand we are part of a rare and special group!

I want to hear ya'lls stories... I'm so curious about all of this.

------------------
'72 Super Cheyenne LWB
  • 350 V8 w/ TH400
  • MSD Pro Billet HEI Dist. w/ Splitfire plugs
  • Holly Intake Manifold and dual exhuast glasspaks
  • Reman. QuadraJet Carb.
"Wanna race, I'll let you give me a head start?"

• Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold and dual exhuast glasspaks
  • Edelbrock Performer 750 cfm
SuperCheyenne72 is offline   Reply With Quote