The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
ypanic

Re: Blazer on ebay

Boy this rivet thing is unreal. First off, I had a coversation with the second owner this afternoon. I took him as honest and sincere. He said that those are the original rivets and that this blazer has never had the post area painter or repaired. So next I will attempt photos of the frame numbers to satisfy everyone. Exactly what location? I am sure the frame numbers will be hard to read, should I attempt to highlight them with chalk or something? Thanks!
ypanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #27
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

There are a lot of discussions on the web concerning these rivets. Lots of talk about federal laws and confiscated vehicles, etc. Who knows what to believe. I guess I better leave those mattress tags alone too or the feds are going to put me away.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=2969.0
http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/pr...hp?tid/192277/
http://www.trimtags.com/rivets.html
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Well I also have bought quite a few out of state trucks and had to have them inspected by Ks Highway patrol in order to get title in my name, The Rosette rivets are one of things on the list they check, they check frame number by PS box, they check vin plate and rivets, title you have, and if truck has the spid label on glove box door. As Jeff and I said these would not pass their inspection and the buyer would be in a mess, buying a high dollar blazer or truck and not be able to title it without going through the courts, paying $400-500 and then the Highway patrol come and take off the vin plate and put on a KS vin plate to make it legal. But then the vehicle isn't worth as much because on the new vin plate, it would be considered not original. This has happened to me. If you look on parts board there is a seller selling these, he started the thread yesterday monring and look how many he has sold already. I know these are not legal to put on but they would pass inspections all over the country, that is why guys go with the rossette rivets they can find and install them, way cheaper and looks original, and no questions, I have never done this but have heard of guys doing this method. I would bet if the the buyer has trouble getting it inspected by their state the seller would be getting some phone calls and some choice words. Alot of states are going to inspections, I know in Missouri they inspect them every year.
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
chipflyer

Take a look at this, its a perfect example of what happens when the wrong rivets are used. Wrong rivet thread
If it were me I would just replace the rivets with the correct rosette rivets and forget about it. It might seem silly that big brother would make a big deal about this but they are only trying to protect our property.

Jeff

1971 Cheyenne Super K10 - tilt, cruise, air, am/fm, tow hooks, factory buckets!
1986 Jeep J10 pickup, - 5.3L Vortec with 4L60e and NP241.

Last edited by chipflyer; 11-30-2010 at 11:51 AM.
chipflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
1972k5blazer

Sweet blazer i wish i had it ! I checked my 72 k5 and it does have the rose shaped rivets but if that ochre one was mine i wouldnt care if that vin plate was hot glued on ! That thing is awesome.
1972k5blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #31
ypanic

First I'd like to thank everyone for the compliments!! It was pretty easy finding the frame stamp. 2f127297 which correspondes to vin tag. I took a couple a pictures and tried to zoom in so I could show em, but the el cheapo camera just don't take a decent photo up close. Anyhow the numbers are there and they match. The new owner should be happy that all numbers match up. I still believe the original rivets are in place and am movin on. Thanks again all!
ypanic is offline   Reply With Quote