The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #26
kieth

Re: Help with Amp

I think one should use the front speakers as you have them, then get a mono subwoofer about a 12" one and use a inexpensive subwoofer amp to drive it. The mid range and highs are very directional and you should get them from the speakers on the side. The 6 x 9's under the seat are a waste of power, get the power to a subwoofer and you will have the "volume" that you need. Bass takes a lot of power if you could use the amp you have now to drive the subwoofer you would not have to spend lots of money. use your regular front speaker leads for the 2 speakers in the kick panels. Use the amp to drive a inexpensive subwoofer.....it should sound better. Those 6x9s' are being wasted because the mids and highs are being absorbed and the woofers in them are not big enough to really create any bass. JMO Kieth
kieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #27
stich626
Account Suspended

Re: Help with Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
If the amp did anything out of the norm it would be get hot and shut off. Its only gonna clip if you over drive it. If you listen to this or any other amp and back off when it sounds bad you won't hurt anything at all. I have run speakers rated at 35 watts a channel with 125 watts a channel and not had a problem. This amp is much higher quality than you think. Its just old. The old Hyphonics stuff was very high quality.

Custom 1970 I would hook all the speakers to the amp. If you listen at lower volumes the amp is not gonna be that bad on your battery. Higher volumes it will draw more current.
the capacitors in that amp are not big enough..
I'm out. feel free to help in blow up the speakers
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote