The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #26
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: who likes money?

Always remove the plastic tanks or steel strips on rads. They will knock the price down a LOT if you bring them in 'dirty'.
I normally get 1.30 for brass/copper rads
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

I made $200 with some batteries from our friends farm, some were ours. $10 in gas. $190 profit for almost no labor. I like scrapping. Dad does maintenance so he does electrical/plumbing quite a bit. So we take all the wire/copper/brass scraps. We got $200 for about 150ft of 12 gauges wire and a bunch of pipe scraps.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #28
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Today I run a load of scrap aluminum... this was for work, not for me... all I got was a sore back and 2 hrs out of the shop. None the less, 1704 pounds = $826.60
if you are real smart, and careful, and keep your eyes and ears open... you can make a good living doing this. I know my buddy makes a dam good living doing this... he works his butt off, but he makes real good money.
Attached Images

Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #29
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Yeah Andy, I know an old black guy, his name is Willie, he cant read or write, just sign his name, he's got no teeth, etc. He can count that's for sure. He drives about a dozen old beat-up dumptrucks, rollbacks, and wreckers. He is around 70 years old, works his tail off. We got him to pick up 3 scrap vehicles for us. When he paid us the %% of the scrap, he pulled a wad out, SOLID $100 bills, dad and I figured it was around $20K, and that was just one pocket, he was wearing cargo pants... And people say you need an education! Just goes to show ya, someone will always break the mold.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #30
cayoterun

I admire your hustle. Guys like you will make it when others don't. Even if it is a one shot deal, you have that much more money than if you hadn't tried.
Keep that "can do" attitude and you'll do well in life.
Cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya it is a classic View Post
well for the last 2 days ive been going around to all the neighbors and collecting old car and truck batteries. car batteries are $8 each and tractor batts are $13. i netted $300 my first day $580 gross(split profit with a couple people i got batteries from) and i just added up todays as about $350 net. so if your looking for extra cash and know of some people with old batteries(most are happy to get rid of them and just let you have them for free)

so to get rich quick just call this number and give me your credit card number so i can ship you this FREE info DVD!

but seriously though i really never thought about doing it until i started talking with a scrap hauler guy and i was like what the heck ill try it.

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #31
55chevy
Car Truck Bike Nut

I think recycling is a good idea, keep more useful stuff out of the landfills, we separate plastics, cans and cardboard, drop off the plastic and cardboard/paper at the dump run, sell the cans. My step dad used to haul scrap for beer money back in the 70s. It's surprising how much lumber and cardboard people take to the dump.

Around here the scum steal copper from AC systems, like gas stations and churches. They did catch some fools stealing bronze statues from cemetaries. I remember getting an email about a couple of thieves who tried to steal some high voltage copper with some bolt cutters, instant justice! They were both fried blacker than they started.
94 3500 TD dually
so many cars so little time
72 K2 CST 2WD Blazer

Last edited by 55chevy; 09-10-2011 at 12:30 AM.
55chevy is offline   Reply With Quote