The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
aussiejohn

Re: "New" 1967 C-10 & Need Some Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Chevy67C10 View Post
Oh and one more thing before it's my bed time please run the fuel hose behind the lower radiator hose as that fan would make me jump every time it spins... especially with that big separation control debris device hooked up laying there..... Have fun and God Bless..

Kevin C.
presley,

Better still, pull the whole rubber fuel line out and put a STEEL fuel line between the pump and the carb. What you have now is a disaster waiting to happen. If you wish to run a fuel filter, then place it in the fuel line BEFORE the pump. This way, you'll stop any crap chewing up the pump AND the carb.

Remember, GM used a steel line from the pump to the carb on every engine they made for a good reason. Looks like a good project, good luck with it.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
aussiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
tjpresley1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn View Post
presley,

Better still, pull the whole rubber fuel line out and put a STEEL fuel line between the pump and the carb. What you have now is a disaster waiting to happen. If you wish to run a fuel filter, then place it in the fuel line BEFORE the pump. This way, you'll stop any crap chewing up the pump AND the carb.

Remember, GM used a steel line from the pump to the carb on every engine they made for a good reason. Looks like a good project, good luck with it.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
Great idea guys - I never even thought of that being an issue. Glad you guys mentioned it. That's really dangerous!
tjpresley1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #28
tjpresley1978

Quote:
check the brake light switch under the brake pedel? and fuses/bulbs... should get the brakes up to snuff... I'm willing to toss ya all my spare parts that way ya can save. My truck is a frame off and most all parts are being bought new... I have no use for the old stuff... I just gave away my orginial 283 motor and 2 speed glide. I have plenty parts left to oust....let me know. Mine is a true 67 big window wood bed truck manufactured in St. Louis...
That would be awesome - any spare parts would be greatly appreciated because I'm sure I'd be able to put them to good use at some point and time!

It looks like you're not too far away and I'd be more than happy to drive down and pick it up from you.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
Tinkermc

break lites work on a switch mounted at pedal shaft and a fuse in the main fuse box, headlights have no fuse so these two items are really not releated. A simple 12 volt test light should tell you where the problem is, have fun be happy !!!
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
tjpresley1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
break lites work on a switch mounted at pedal shaft and a fuse in the main fuse box, headlights have no fuse so these two items are really not releated. A simple 12 volt test light should tell you where the problem is, have fun be happy !!!
Awesome - thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
19Chevy67C10

Yeah just let me know what you may need and I'll pile ya up with everything I have here at the house...My truck is out in Magnolia TX.... I do have parts laying all around just let me know. And the steel fuel line is a great idea as mentioned, just cheap things to keep your family and yourself safe. Is this truck going to be a frame off or just a fix as you go and drive it?
19Chevy67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #32
19Chevy67C10

I will be letting go of alot of my suspension parts as my truck will be getting all 4 of its drum brakes tossed and will be going with 5 on 5 lug axels so no need for the 6 luggers... I will also be tossing my power steering box and going with a quick ratio box. I also have some parts that I bought that I will be selling due to going to a one piece window but I cannot sell anything here. So any parts that are off the truck that are orginial to my truck that I'm not using are yours for the taking freeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #33
tjpresley1978

Quote:
I will be letting go of alot of my suspension parts as my truck will be getting all 4 of its drum brakes tossed and will be going with 5 on 5 lug axels so no need for the 6 luggers... I will also be tossing my power steering box and going with a quick ratio box. I also have some parts that I bought that I will be selling due to going to a one piece window but I cannot sell anything here. So any parts that are off the truck that are orginial to my truck that I'm not using are yours for the taking freeeeeeeeeeee!
That'd be great - I'd love to pick up the parts from you. I live in Tomball but work in the Galleria - so Magnolia is not too far from the house and Manvel is not too far from work. I can meet you either place to pick up the parts - so let me know what works best for you. I'll be flying out of town this weekend for business coming back next Friday - so maybe next weekend??
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #34
tjpresley1978

Picked up a bench seat out of a '94 Chevy on Craigslist for $60 last night and put it in. It looks alot better now than the s-10 seats that were in it before!

New Seat by tjpresley1978, on Flickr

Truck 6 by tjpresley1978, on Flickr
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #35
19Chevy67C10

Sure next weekend works, will be also moving truck frame to fathers shop but that shouldn't be a problem. Just let me know what parts you are looking for and I'll let ya know if I have them. The frame hasn't been touched yet but when it get torn down I'll be letting go of alot of it's parts. Parts I will be listing on another web site will consist of the window channel felt set and scrappers. Bought from LMC they are brand new. Also the radiator core support brackets bought new from LMC. I also have a tilt column from CPP it was a display model it is the black powder coated one I'll be listing it soon as I am going with the Idiot or however it is spelled chrome column....Oh and the CPP one is column shift with all the levers. Might be willing to let go of my Mcgaughys drop spindles and disk brake setup Idk though.....

Either way any parts that are orginial to the truck that I am not using will be tossed your way depending on what ya need for yours.... How far are you taking it???? Whats the plans??

God Bless,

Kevin C.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #36
tjpresley1978

Quote:
Sure next weekend works, will be also moving truck frame to fathers shop but that shouldn't be a problem. Just let me know what parts you are looking for and I'll let ya know if I have them. The frame hasn't been touched yet but when it get torn down I'll be letting go of alot of it's parts. Parts I will be listing on another web site will consist of the window channel felt set and scrappers. Bought from LMC they are brand new. Also the radiator core support brackets bought new from LMC. I also have a tilt column from CPP it was a display model it is the black powder coated one I'll be listing it soon as I am going with the Idiot or however it is spelled chrome column....Oh and the CPP one is column shift with all the levers. Might be willing to let go of my Mcgaughys drop spindles and disk brake setup Idk though.....

Either way any parts that are orginial to the truck that I am not using will be tossed your way depending on what ya need for yours.... How far are you taking it???? Whats the plans??

God Bless,

Kevin C.
Planning on lowering it a couple of inches, move the gas tank out back, rat rod black. Need passenger front fender, wheel wells both sides, radiator overflow bucket, any wiper components,wiper fluid bucket, brake light switch, brake booster, glove box. You have any of these extra? Thx again!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #37
19Chevy67C10

I have both inner fender wells, if you are looking for a show queen in this area I would rather not waste your time....The right fender is in decent shape and can be reworked given time/money....I have no wipers as the po removed all that stuff before I got the truck....I do have the brake light switch its under the brake pedal at the moment in Magnolia TX. I tell ya what let me take pictures of the larger metal that way I wont be bring crap ya wouldnt want home.... I'll pick up the brake light switch. I bought a newer model washer jug with the pump in it and if you go to the fac section there is a write up on how to switch out for a newer style wiper motor thats my plans...

God Bless,

Kevin C.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
Tinkermc

new seat looks very nice now you can sell the old ones to put money back in the budget.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
19Chevy67C10

I just thought Id'e mention that I do have the orginial gauge cluster if you need that? it is the same as the one in your pics.....On the L and R inner fenders the issues were the battery acid rotted out the passenger side and the drivers side was cut up do to a power steering install by the po.... Either way if you would like any of this stuff you can have it... I also have an original bench seat as well that would need to be recovered...
Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #40
19Chevy67C10

The glove box in mine wasn't there if you are speaking of the sides, I believe it was made of a paper/cardboard like material to my knowledge and can be had for like 13.00 on ebay. I do have the glove box lid...
Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #41
tjpresley1978

Quote:
I have both inner fender wells, if you are looking for a show queen in this area I would rather not waste your time....The right fender is in decent shape and can be reworked given time/money....I have no wipers as the po removed all that stuff before I got the truck....I do have the brake light switch its under the brake pedal at the moment in Magnolia TX. I tell ya what let me take pictures of the larger metal that way I wont be bring crap ya wouldnt want home.... I'll pick up the brake light switch. I bought a newer model washer jug with the pump in it and if you go to the fac section there is a write up on how to switch out for a newer style wiper motor thats my plans...

God Bless,

Kevin C.
That would be great - thanks again for all of you help!