The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:40 AM   #26
WORNBRAKES

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad most of you like it.
I would have been a little nicer about it if the person who called the law would have confronted me about it first. But because he is being a punk, I am going to piss him off with it untill the last day on my notice. I aslo have to put my 68 in the back yard behind a 6' wood fence. The inspector liked my trucks and told me to put up a temp fence that can be easily removed. So I am going to park it in the center of my back yard and put up a temp fence.
Also today I am going down to the law office and filling out a statment and they will tell me who made the complaint. Then I am going to pull my boat out of the back yard and park that and my utility trailer in front of this persons house on the street.
They crossed the wrong person. I will piss them off every legal way I can.

69 C10 305/350
71 K5 Basket case
75 K10 Rescue **Parting out**
77 MG Midget **Parting out**
15 6.7L Cummins
Old 05-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #27
Gene

Good for you! Those type of uppity a$$ people pi$$ me off!!! I would have done the same thing if I were in your situation. I dont think it was childish of you at all.

You need to make a bunch of flower beds out of old toilets and bathtubs, that'll really pi$$ em' off

BOARD MEMBER #5448

BOOMER SOONER!!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 08:42 AM   #28
GREEN70-72

THATS COOL! I DIG IT. THE WAS A NEW CLIP I SAW YESTERDAY ABOUT A GUY PAINTING HIS HOUSE LIME GREEN WITH PURPLE DOTS. HE DID IN PROTEST TO SOME HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION THING. BY THE WAY YOU ONLY LIVE ABOUT 30-45 MIN. AWAY FROM ME, WE NEED TO GET UP SOME TIME. I MAY KNOW WERE SOME PARTS ARE YOUR LOOKING FOR.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:25 AM   #29
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

It's amazing people won't talk to their neighbors before calling the police. Looks like that guy should have talked to you.

White pickup fence - I'm still rolling over that!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:40 AM   #30
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

Looks like something Id think of LMAO!!! Im all for a "custom message" on the tail gate.... Oh and you need a couple stained mattresses to go with the washing machines....

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
Old 05-20-2003, 09:56 AM   #31
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WORNBRAKES
I am going to piss him off with it untill the last day on my notice....

Then I am going to pull my boat out of the back yard and park that and my utility trailer in front of this persons house on the street.
They crossed the wrong person. I will piss them off every legal way I can.
Why? Personal satisfaction? One-upping the neighbor? Just comply with the law and move on. Enjoy your trucks in the back yard instead of getting worked up over someone else not wanting to see piles of truck parts outside his window.

I realize my comments aren't in line with the popular sentiment of this thread, but most people don't want to see "junk" cars in the neighbor's yard... they're eyesores. That's what garages are supposed to be for.

Last edited by XXL; 05-20-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #32
griesel72

I agree with Yukon. if the guy really had a problem, he should have talked to you face to face before he called the cops. That just P@!s me off.
2006 King Ranch
1980 Wife
Old 05-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #33
greasemonkey

Lol my neighbors hate my truck (most of them, one old guy likes it) but I park it where you can't see it from the street. Could I have your fence when you're done with it?
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
Old 05-20-2003, 04:08 PM   #34
buckola
1 Wrench / 10 Knuckles

Live by the sword ...die by the sword.

We'll probably see you on Judge Judy in the near future.

2006 Dodge Charger SRT8. 1/4 mile 13.3

1973 Z1 900 Kawasaki ( all original)
Old 05-20-2003, 06:18 PM   #35
landon4421
Life is Good !

I have had problums with my neighbors. The guy is always comming over and b**ch'n about me making too much noise. And in the middle of the dam afternoon. He thinks that he can comeover and start crying about my compresser, and my air hammer ect. Well It has been going on like three months now. So Last week I started to get up extra early and starting Jenna's truck at like 5:30 am. I have to leave to goto work at 6:15am. It has been fun pissing this fool off. Whining about everything, crying and complaning fool. I have lived there for 2 1/2 years and I have not complained once about his F**KING dogs barking all fricking night, or nothing. But I have a ace in the hole, if he keeps on complaining I think I will build me a fence like you did WORNBRAKES. It looks good also, it is totally art.

I think that the worst was when he came over and told me he could hear nascar in his living room, and I needed to turn it down. I told him he was crazy if he thought he could tell me to turn down my TV at 10:30 in the morning. He told me he would call the cops. Well he did and they showed up when I was cutting up a frame. The police office told me that he was only there to ask me to turn down the TV. He ended up staying for like a half hour talking trucks, while my brother in-law continued to use the air hammer on the frame. When he left he told me to kindly turn down the TV. I told him I would but I would not be able to hear the race, over the hammer. He laughed and left. I have not seen the police since. As for the neighbor, he has bought another dog and he is still complaining about me. I think it is time to get animal control out here to talk to them about the citys ordinace about only haveing two dogs in town. Since they have four now. It is my turn to b**ch.
'14 Honda Accord Sport "commuter"
Old 05-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #36
Green72GMC

I love your fence/artistic statement. Why are they making you part your good one in the back? I say get even more parts and make the fence even better. Maybe make a whole privacy fence out of old rusty tailgates. Then name it and call it your artwork.

The Second Amendment is in place incase they ignore the
others.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #37
67 SS

This is one of the reasons I couldn't live in a city.A person being forced to make his vehicle/house/yard/whatever look like someone else wants it to look is a bunch of BS.They didn't pay for it.They're not paying the taxes on it.It's not harming anyone.So it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!If they don't like seeing it-DON"T LOOK!This is the land of the free,so they have the freedom to not look,build a fence with their own money and they also have the freedom to LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE!I bet the same people also forget to thank the veterans for these freedoms.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #38
Roberty
Hot Damn - Here I Am!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 67 SS
This is one of the reasons I couldn't live in a city.
Amen to that!! I'm a country boy and wouldn't/couldn't have it any other way. I'd be a raving lunatic in about a month if I were forced to live in a subdivision or in town.
'70 C-10 - My Grandfather bought it new - original un-restored
Old 05-20-2003, 11:10 PM   #39
c-tenkid

Your neighbor would hate me.

I have 6 cars in my yard.Non of them run.
I am in the garage 85 percent of the time.Ussually playing the radio loudly.My air compressor is a small little storage space that is connected to the back of my garage.(its hard to explain.)And ussually runs all the time.Small blocks revving 6 grand through open exhaust at 1 in the morning has happened on more one occasion.My gearhead buddies like to see how fast they can accelerate from the begining of my road to my nieghbors mailbox.(The current record is 80mph.)

Today I finnally cut the grass in the backyard.It was about 3 foot tall.

Nice fence btw.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:19 PM   #40
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

If your yard looks like ass, then your neighbors have the right to complain. Yes the state your yard is in does effect them if and when they go to sell their home. Who wants to live next to a trash heap? I don't, and I won't. Trucks in the driveway is no ones business but yours, but trucks all over your yard is everyones. If you wanna be a trash collector then open a salvage lot somewhere else, not in a residential neighborhood. And if I can hear your TV from accross the street inside my house at 10:30 in the morning on Sunday then your damn right I'm gonna ask you to turn it down.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:51 PM   #41
Dads72

It looks like something out of Sanford and Sons.
If you want to live in a neighborhood, then be a neighbor.
If you don't, then move to the country. Doesn't mean you're wrong. Just means you're in the wrong place.
You can have a few old rusted tractors and combines in your front yard, coon dogs sleeping on the front porch, and grass so high you could bail it and feed it to your cows.
That would fit right in with the stereotype that many people have regarding people who drive old pickup trucks.
I agree with my new 72 -
Looks like ass.
Would your yard look like that if your truck had a brand new paint job and fancy wheels on it?
Old 05-21-2003, 12:24 AM   #42
greenhorn male

[QUOTE]Originally posted by c-tenkid
Your neighbor would hate me.

>>>Does this mean your neighbors don't.

[/QUOTE.Small blocks revving 6 grand through open exhaust at 1 in the morning has happened on more one occasion.

>>>How would you react if your neighbor preached dooms day through a megaphone at 1 AM. Or practiced the trumpet or sang "Feelings" out of tune as loud as you can rev through open exhaust all night long. Hearing a rev through open exhaust could be just as annoying to some.

[/B][/QUOTE:My gearhead buddies like to see how fast they can accelerate from the begining of my road to my nieghbors mailbox.(The current record is 80mph.)

>>>How would you feel if your neighbors buddies blocked your road hours at a time to put up targets for target practice. It is just as illegal and dangerous.

[/B][/QUOTE: Today I finnally cut the grass in the backyard.It was about 3 foot tall. Nice fence btw. .)

>>>I really don't care when my neighbors cut their grass or what they choose to plant. I really don't mind how many vehicles you have as long as you have use for them, but if you think 1 AM open exhaust reving and 80mph in your neighborhood is ok, I think you need to grow up.

Also remember if you think you can have anything you wish in your front yard then you can't complain about what your neighbor decides to put in his front yard. He may decide to put up a 3-10 ft pictures of Michael Jackson on his front lawn. Or a picture of Anna Nicole Smith
Old 05-21-2003, 12:28 AM   #43
Dads72

"Or a picture of Anna Nicole Smith"

Damn! If it's life-size, do you think his yard would be big enough?
Old 05-21-2003, 12:30 AM   #44
c-tenkid

Nope my neighbors don't hate me.I only have one.

My road is an 1/8 mile long dead end.You can make a right and go into a subdivision at first.Past that there is a mobile home then my house.

my neighbor has a 78 ford f-150 with a 400/speed.Sittin on 35's.Paid 200 bucks for the truck.Only thing it is used for is to go rootin in the woods behind my house.He told me to do a burnout in my truck one day.he doesn't mind.

I Don't live in the country.I do live on the end of a dead end street though with 6 acres.

Would I have all my stuff and do the things I do in an upscale neighbor hood?Heck no.I would be lowering the property value of other's people's homes and that isn't very nice.But I can do what I want when I want where I live now.

Grow up hell I'm only 17!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:59 AM   #45
Chevyguy111786

Whats the deal with everyone wanting to grow up...i don't get it. I sure as heck don't want to grow up....bein young only lasts so long, have as much fun as you can. show respect to your elders of course, but if you do piss someone off by accident...they'll get over it. if they don't, it's they're problem. have fun, be (somewhat) responsible, show respect, but NEVER GROW UP!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #46
krazy_texan

my neighbors dont care for parts cars sitting in the yard heck out of the ten houses on my street only three of them dont party or build cars, on my street there is one guy who builds mustangs, another that builds old pontiacs, i have my trucks and my brothers elcamino in the yard, my neigbor is building a 56 chevy shortbed, and the other one has keggers every weekend so nobody really cares, except my father if i have a fender in the backyard for more than a day he starts screaming a cursin telling me to get rid of it or put it on the truck.

plus around here as long as it has tires on it and you can move it under anykind of power then johnny law wont say a word about it.
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
Old 05-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #47
O'l Buck
Recovering Truck Driver

Priceless!!!!!! That's awsome

Chad
South Central Nebraska
Old 05-21-2003, 12:21 PM   #48
Chevyguy111786

The fence is AWESOME! we have a neighbor that calls on EVERYTHING. once he called on his neighbor because he thought it was too close to the house. (city ordinance) when the police came and measured it. it turned out HIS shed was too close to his house. he got a ticket. PRICELESS! he still calls on everything tho. and when he trims his trees he puts all the branches in the street instead of on the curb....that pisses ppl off. scratched my neighbors brand new F***. even if he is a F*** driver he still shouldn't have a scratch....well...ok maybe a few.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:36 PM   #49
BIG ORANGE

I got a noisy neighbor that calls building and zoning on everyone on our block,but luckly i can bring a truck to my shop at my house and strip it out in a day or so and haul all the parts down to the Truck Shack for storage,so it works out ok. but anyway what you did with the pickup fence was neat ,I heard of a guy putting up a wire fence beside a mean neighbors house and putting pigs in it to get back at him! what a smell

Things happen for a reason!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:37 PM   #50
trinic

Clean it up...

I'd say clean the yard up. I was taught to pickup after myself. It doesn't look nice to see your neighbor have piles of parts/trash on their lawn. It attracts rats, snakes, mosquitos, etc. It certainly does depreciate the value of the neighborhood or your home. I'd like to say we in the US would like to keep our country clean. Noisy neighbors are just as bad. It doesn't help when you have someone rocking your house at 2 am when your trying put a new born to sleep or you need to work the next morning. I live/moved into in a nice/clean residential neighborhood, and I plan on keeping it that way. I'd sure like my neighbors to do the same. Just my 2 cents, and nothing more...
T.C.
Closed Thread