The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
freezmcnally

Cross country…or Bust? Long trip for C10..

hi guys, opinions needed and welcome here.

i have been looking around the forum a lot it has really helped with some decisions. its a great site, so thank you.

I am happy to announce I just purchased a '68 c10 long bed in reno. i have been looking for a while. my dad had a 69 c10 long bed in red and i had hoped to find a decent balance between not a wreck and show truck in that year, but it was a daunting task to find all criteria (color, price, condition). the 68 was hard to pass up and met all criteria…except its a 68. i guess i can deal with that later! (thanks to knowledge base and posts here)

My Plan:
now that i own it, i have to get it back home (arkansas) from reno. I am considering an epic journey to forge a relationship with my new (old) truck! my wife would come with and we would show our new friend the grand canyon on the way (I've never seen it)

it is in great shape a 350 but 4.11 gears (yikes for fuel), but the only questions are:
1. would you make the 1800 mile drive in a 68 c10?

2. suggestions if driving? what should i look out for or be prepared for on these trucks? potential pitfalls?

3. I'm crazy and you would just ship it flatbed instead?
freezmcnally is offline   Reply With Quote