The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #26
68nou1

Re: Finally got me a C10!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommys72 View Post
Nice truck, be cool to see it back to highlander form..good to have all that paperwork too...very cool
Yes sir it sure would. Thank you for your service too btw.

'68 Camaro - 408 sbc, Muncie m20, 9' rear, hotchkis supsension (aka Betty)

'72 C10 - pretty much all stock as far as i know, for right now anyways (aka Charlie)
68nou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #27
keh27

nice find
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #28
BB72CHEVKT

That is a nice truck. Welcome to the SBW Highlander club. There are not too many SWB Highlanders out there.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #29
70cst

Hey 68nou1 ...

to the forums and from Ohio

on on a sweet truck

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #30
Stranny64

Nice find!!! Good luck and keep us posted!
Stranny64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #31
JonnyC10
Account Suspended

Nice. I kinda wish mine was a fleetside...
JonnyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #32
tommys72

Thank you for your service too btw.

Thank you!

tommys72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #33
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
jocko, Time to faint. Is there anyone you could call first?

68nou1, Very nice truck! jocko can tell you all about your Highlander.
Argggghhhhhhh!!!!! I did faint Bruceman... Then I just peeled myself off the ceiling. I KNEW IT!!!! Ha. Wow, you struck gold!! Congrats. Interior pics?? Please tell me it still has the plaid seat! (if not, you can get one made ) Wow, what a gorgeous truck. Rare rare rare swb highlander and in a GREAT color combo to go with the orange plaid interior.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #34
SS Tim

Just leave him hanging if there isn't a plaid cover left guys!

You truck is a Highlander, meaning it has a plaid fabric and carpet upgrade from a regular Custom Deluxe. Plus in your case it has the Highlander Promotional Package that bundled the plaid trim with several option groups leveled A,B and C. Yours is a "C" level with the max content package.

The SPID option codes to see are:
Highlander Orange Plaid trim 618
Promo Package "C" YG8

Unfortunately for some people the Promo Package included options many don't like on their modern pet trucks.
The two biggies are the DG4 below eyeline mirrors and the PA1 full wheel covers.

All said and done your truck looked very similar to this when new but for the color (& LWB!). Pictured is a Tangiers Orange (Orange) while yours is a Firebolt Orange (Hugger or Red Orange). As noted earlier the cab roof was white when painted in the Deluxe Two-Tone as your truck is coded (458).
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 07-25-2014 at 06:56 PM.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #36
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
.. And YG8 too..

LockDoc
Hey LockDoc- would you tell me what YG8 "promotional" mean?
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #37
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Hey LockDoc- would you tell me what YG8 "promotional" mean?
Post #34 and or the links in #35 should get you up to speed on Highlanders and Promo Package Highlanders.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #38
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post

Unfortunately for some people the Promo Package included options many don't like on their modern pet trucks.
The two biggies are the DG4 below eyeline mirrors and the PA1 full wheel covers.

Thanks a lot Tim!! Ha.

Love the DG4 mirrors, I think they are the best mirrors ever for these trucks. Not too small to see anything like sport mirrors yet not so big that they wiggle above 45 mph like camper mirrors. Have to agree, though - the PA1 caps are hideous (just my 2 cents), but I could live with rallies, or better yet, "fakin" it with chrome PO3's....
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #39
SS Tim

Agree DG4 are wonderful useful mirrors. The base so much less so.
As to wheelcovers....
Very hard to find but would look nice, period and stock! Impala version in 15". If you are looking be warned they come in 13" and 14" versions that sellers creatively measure.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 07-25-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #40
68nou1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Tim View Post

You truck is a Highlander, meaning it has a plaid fabric and carpet upgrade from a regular Custom Deluxe. Plus in your case it has the Highlander Promotional Package that bundled the plaid trim with several option groups leveled A,B and C. Yours is a "C" level with the max content package.

The SPID option codes to see are:
Highlander Orange Plaid trim 618
Promo Package "C" YG8

All said and done your truck looked very similar to this when new but for the color (& LWB!). Pictured is a Tangiers Orange (Orange) while yours is a Firebolt Orange (Hugger or Red Orange). As noted earlier the cab roof was white when painted in the Deluxe Two-Tone as your truck is coded (458).
Thanks SStim! That is a big help. It does have the original seat, but it is in bad shape. It was setting in the bed of the truck. I've cleaned it up a little but it will need everything but the frame. The more i look at it sitting in my garage the more i'm diggin on the old plaid. If yall have any info on getting materials for a make over on it i would appreciate it. We have a great interior guy locally and i would just take the seat to him with materials. I'll put a picture of the interior and seat on here tomorrow when i get home.

Also thanks for the info on the paint. I was wondering if the cab was supposed to be white or oranage like it currently is. I can tell the truck has had paint throwed on it. The middle orange stripe is parrell to the ground, so with the natural rake of the truck it is larger on the front end than the back. If I leveled the truck i think you would def be able to tell. That will be in the distant future though, not anytime soon.

'72 C10 - pretty much all stock as far as i know, for right now anyways (aka Charlie)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #41
68nou1

My poor highlander seat.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #42
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68nou1 View Post
Thanks SStim! That is a big help... If yall have any info on getting materials for a make over on it i would appreciate it... The middle orange stripe is parrell to the ground, so with the natural rake of the truck it is larger on the front end than the back...
Glad to be of help!
Jocko is the guy to talk to about seat materials, issues and lead times on getting a "correct" looking replacement cover with the plaid running vertical and the debossed scroll work in the center of the seat. Materails can be obtained from SMS fabrics but the scroll work is an issue.

On the paint, yes it had a white roof and upper doors from the factory. Depending on how far out major paint work is you might can consider doing a weekend project of repainting the roof and doors white again.
The bodyside paint looks about right in the one first picture. It runs (from the factory) along the lower bodyline split by the bodyside molding. Up top it runs fairly parallel until it hits the bed then rear of the upper bodyside/belt molding gently curves downward to match up with the tailgate molding and about the center of the radius of the backup lamp lens. It all kind of comes to a point there at the back.

For more information on Highlander you might want to drop in here. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635040
Attached Images

Last edited by SS Tim; 07-26-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #43
jocko

Is it my imagination or does that seat have the elusive horizontal GMC plaid pattern??? My eyes are tired!
Old 07-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #44
SS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Is it my imagination or does that seat have the elusive horizontal GMC plaid pattern??? My eyes are tired!
Was looking at that last night and while I cannot find good matching camera shots the plaid appears to be the factory plaid just really faded and sunburnt. The whole GMC rotated thing is making less and less sense the further I dig and every original GMC example so far is vertical primary stripe as is the Highlander. If you want, there is a picture of a GMC suburban with a reputed original interior on my Plaid thread in the Suburban/Panel forum.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #45
68nou1

This isnt my build thread yet but thought id just give a little up date since i have nothing else to do and maybe someone might want to know.

Got all the trim put back on him. Replaced the brake lines from the cab to the rear, due to one blowed out in the driveway. Just replaced everything from there back. Also replaced the booster, front brake calipers will be next. My dad has got an old 3/4 ton, 73 in think, 2wd he bought for the big block and said i could have the front sway bar. Have seen where people have done the install on 67-72 trucks with them. I've also replaced the shocks front and rear. Got tired of bouncing for a mile after i hit a bump. Haha. It rides suprisingly good. Put in a couple of little speakers in the doors to fill the holes some one cut in them. Have some other good doors with no vent window but haven't decided if i want to go that way or not. Nothing wrong with the ones that are on it other than the speaker holes i filled.

Rear end is making some noise. I thought i would get lucky an it was a wheel bearing, changed them out, but not so. Looks like it's the pinion. So am going to replace that, but did find a guy that sold me a limited slip rear (checked and double checked it was for a truck) with the same ring and pinion gear is what it has in it now. Will have that put in when the rear-end work is takes place next week. Also found a deal on a 200-4R trans and picked it up. It is sitting in the garage waiting to be gone over and throwed in at a later date yet to be determined. I would like to have a little firmer shift (kit) put in it and have my trans guy go over it and make sure it will be ok for the long haul. Who knows after it's in i may not like the gear ratio and may change that out. May have to call this "Project Snowball!"

A nail in the side wall of the rear tire requires i check and add air every now and then. Other than that, Ol' Charlie is a champ. Runs good, doesnt use any oil starts first crank everytime.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #46
Coursey

Looks like we are right down the road from each other.

Can you post a new pic?
The original pic does not work.
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote