The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #26
Possmguts

Re: PC, POR15 or Chassis Paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
POR has been around for decades. I have nothing against Master Series, it's probably the same thing in a different can
Master Series is used as a top coat, they also have a clear coat for the body.
It is UV protected and does not need painted over like POR. It also, unlike POR, claims to resits chemicals and solvents, and graffiti can be scrubbed off with harsh brushes. Hell it even says once its cured you can soak it for several days in Acetone with out softening it.

I havnt used either product, but I did read up on both and the things that stood out to me are what I just said. POR has nothing in writing that says it can do what MS does. So I would think that MS is Not the same as POR.

Im going to use MS, and if you have 20 years... we can both find out how well it holds up. If its half as good as it says it is... then the 80 bucks was very well spent.

67 Short Bed under major construction
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=651356&page=8
Possmguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #27
MP&C

I've never visited the MS web site before, just looked. They do have quite a bit of data as to the various tests they have done. But I can't help think there is a bit of slight of hand advertising going on in looking at some of the pictures on the site. On this roof picture, why would a before picture showing surface rust damage be a color picture, but after painting it would appear the technology no longer exists for color pictures?? The after looks more like a picture taken after initial construction, with black and white film..

Also, be aware that all of the MCU paints contain some form of isocyanates, as one of the members here found out when he had a sensitivity reaction.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=166722

Plain and simple, these companies have piss poor web sites when it comes to being forthcoming about what is in these products, and what safety precautions should be taken for health concerns. My impression is that they use the fact that everything is in a single can (no mixing of separate hardeners) to give the illusion to Joe Enthusiast that the are no/minimal health risks involved. With KBS you have to email a request for the MSDS and tell them why you want it. Really? I can get an MSDS online for any Dupont, House of Kolor, PPG, etc product out there. What are these MCU companies trying to hide and why?

Know what you're painting so you can know how to protect yourself.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #28
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possmguts View Post
Master Series is used as a top coat, they also have a clear coat for the body.
It is UV protected and does not need painted over like POR. It also, unlike POR, claims to resits chemicals and solvents, and graffiti can be scrubbed off with harsh brushes. Hell it even says once its cured you can soak it for several days in Acetone with out softening it.

I havnt used either product, but I did read up on both and the things that stood out to me are what I just said. POR has nothing in writing that says it can do what MS does. So I would think that MS is Not the same as POR.

Im going to use MS, and if you have 20 years... we can both find out how well it holds up. If its half as good as it says it is... then the 80 bucks was very well spent.
I have been using POR for over 20 years already ...like I said, real experience, not something I read on the internet. Stuff still looks like it was painted yesterday. How long does it last? I don't know, but if it looks this good now I'll probably be pushing up daisies when it wears off.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote