The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #26
gkhashem
Account Suspended

Re: Perfect example why people need this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The buyer is suppose to know what he is looking at when he goes to buy something. If you want to buy something you research it and find out about it before you go. If you ask the right questions and know what you are looking at he can't lie to you.

Not every guy that sells these trucks know them like most of us do. It's just a vehicle that they have and need to sell! The are not experts on them even if they say they are!
I can't count all the times I have been told by experts that my truck is a 73 model! They just want to make the average Joe think they know what they have.

Then an honorable guy should not embellish. I know that's part of the game they are in.

That's all. We all know when people first get into buying older vehicles they make mistakes. I have bought from many sellers who are as up front as possible when selling. Hard to assume the best when certain facts are presented wrong.

That's why the board is a great tool for people to learn.

That's all I am saying, but this seems to have spiraled out of control and off my point. No need to get angry about it.

By pointing out the originality others can learn from it.

How can anyone take anything meaningful out of any forum if all we hear is nice truck, good deal etc etc. Very polite, but not very useful to those who want to learn.

There are many trucks on here I would not touch, but not for me to say you should not enjoy your truck. We all have different budgets and different tastes.

I am in the camp of originality and buying the best you can afford not really many steals out there no matter what you see on many posts here.

Unless you run into a family who has a member who died and the family just wants the quick cash. This really is not too common for most of us. You pay for quality and that's a fact.
Closed Thread