The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #26
dan42

Re: Just ordered my Holley Sniper EFI....

I have the FiTech on mine- had some initial problems with the fuel pump but have an in-tank pump now, and it runs beautifully, no pump noise, and looks old school. Very happy I did it.
Posted via Mobile Device
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #27
lovemy71s

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebmw View Post
Damn, -20, that little chilly...Good info, where is your fuel pump from EFI mounted? inside cab? I was looking at filler neck once i got that far. And who is selling the spacer on here?
I have the fuel pump mounted on the frame on passenger side. Mine had a fuel filter there, not sure if they all came that way. I just took the original fuel filter off and started there with the filter-pump-filter setup holley sent, then ran new high pressure hose up to the throttle body, then ran the return to the vent that is on the top of the tank also on passenger side. Holley supplies like 20 feet of hose with the kit I believe. Used the supplied clamps and insulator sleeve in the kit and strapped it right to the frame. I bought the sniper kit from one that advertises on here. Believe his name is Tommy Lee, his company is based out of OK I believe. I just got the spacer on summit but I'm sure he could hook you up.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #28
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy71s View Post
I have the fuel pump mounted on the frame on passenger side. Mine had a fuel filter there, not sure if they all came that way. I just took the original fuel filter off and started there with the filter-pump-filter setup holley sent, then ran new high pressure hose up to the throttle body, then ran the return to the vent that is on the top of the tank also on passenger side. Holley supplies like 20 feet of hose with the kit I believe. Used the supplied clamps and insulator sleeve in the kit and strapped it right to the frame. I bought the sniper kit from one that advertises on here. Believe his name is Tommy Lee, his company is based out of OK I believe. I just got the spacer on summit but I'm sure he could hook you up.
Thanks man...
applebmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
CharlieBrown

Got my kit from Tommy also....close to finishing the truck but the install was easy
1972 Cheyenne 2wd...named Death Row
CharlieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #30
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBrown View Post
Got my kit from Tommy also....close to finishing the truck but the install was easy
could not find a Tommy Lee
Old 12-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #31
CharlieBrown

TNT ....look in the vender area
Old 12-28-2017, 03:21 PM   #32
CharlieBrown

ksbrktracer
Old 12-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #33
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy71s View Post
I purchased the complete master kit. Ive had mine on for a month now. Really Happy with it. Even started right up at -20 this morning. Only advice I was given was to run a 1 inch open spacer if using a dual plane intake. I ordered mine from the guy advertising on here and he had some experience with them and was very helpful with any questions I had before ordering it. I am using my stock fuel tank. Just ran the return to the vent on the top of the tank. Can barely hear the fuel pump run. I never changed anything on mine other than the warning lights on the display. Little display is very capable and cool to have hooked up if you ask me. That's the only advice I have. Put mine on in around 4 hours. I will definitely be ordering another one for my 2wd this spring..
Vent on top of tank ? Is your tank in cab? Going in 70 c-10, my tank is covered in dynamat at the moment
Old 12-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #34
joeydurango

This may be the wrong question, but if I were to install one of these systems, gas mileage would certainly be one reason for it. I LS-swapped my first K10 (5.7/4L60E) and it got about 18-19 mpg. My current K10 with a 350/350 gets 10mpg. So, what kind of mileage are you guys seeing with either the Fi-tech or the Sniper?

Additionally, are you getting more power, and by roughly what percentage if so? I figure you gotta be, but don't know for sure. No way people are installing these just for ease of starting.

Thanks! And I agree with one of the previous posters, we need some photos on this thread!
1976 Trans Am | 455/4-spd | TOTALED
joeydurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #35
Rufas

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydurango View Post
This may be the wrong question, but if I were to install one of these systems, gas mileage would certainly be one reason for it. I LS-swapped my first K10 (5.7/4L60E) and it got about 18-19 mpg. My current K10 with a 350/350 gets 10mpg. So, what kind of mileage are you guys seeing with either the Fi-tech or the Sniper?

Additionally, are you getting more power, and by roughly what percentage if so? I figure you gotta be, but don't know for sure. No way people are installing these just for ease of starting.

Thanks! And I agree with one of the previous posters, we need some photos on this thread!
Can't say about a 350, but the FiTech really woke up my 468 BBC in my 67 Cutlass. Can't say a per percentage since I've not had it dyno'd since the install. Before FiTech it dyno'd at 518hp and 585 torque. But it sure has a better kick in the pants than it did before. Did it improve my mileage? A big NOPE!

350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #36
joeydurango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufas View Post
Did it improve my mileage? A big NOPE!
Something tells me that might have to do with your usage of that extra power...

Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #37
Lancialonnie

I decided to go with the FITECH system for a couple of reasons. First the cost and second my local performance shop had now down over a dozen FITECH conversions and has established a working relationship with the company. I was going to do the install myself but was concerned about dropping the rear tank myself since i decided to go with the reyrofit in tank fuel pump. I know it will run better than the carb but I'm really hoping to improve on the 6 mpg that this old 307 is getting! I'll post my results.
Lancialonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #38
TXgearhead67

Im in for info also. I plan on going FI with my build too. Looking at Sniper because of Holley background. I have a question to you guys already running FI. How bad does the cam size affect the system? Meaning I would to love to use a mutha thumper cam but I believe it’s to much overlap which doesn’t have enough vacuum for FI. Any experience would be great.
TXgearhead67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #39
Ekliptix

I got the sniper master kit, just waiting to install it. Going on a 402 with alum heads and cam. I'll start an install thread when productivity kicks off.
Drivetrain: Built 402BB, TCI Streetfighter 700R4, 2,500 stall, Eaton posi, 3.73. Suspension/Chassis: ECE 4.5/6.5 drop, CPP nitrogen shocks, CPP front and rear sway bar, CPP cross members. Exhaust: 3" exhaust with x-pipe, Spintech 3000 mufflers, Hooker ceramic coated headers. Best 1/4 mile time: TBD.
Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #40
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgearhead67 View Post
Im in for info also. I plan on going FI with my build too. Looking at Sniper because of Holley background. I have a question to you guys already running FI. How bad does the cam size affect the system? Meaning I would to love to use a mutha thumper cam but I believe it’s to much overlap which doesn’t have enough vacuum for FI. Any experience would be great.
UPDATE I been emailing Holley, great response I might add, about this. Was told as long as cam carries 7lb vacuum while idling in gear auto, or out of gear manual, it will work. Also emailing Compcams, for specs on 2 cams he suggested, Holley said it was in the cam specs, but I could not figure it out online, BAD tech service,takes 3-4 days for response, IF you get one....I would like to know the same thing. My plan is Thumper Cam also in 496......

Last edited by applebmw; 01-06-2018 at 11:46 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-10-2018, 12:00 AM   #41
joeydurango

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebmw View Post
Vent on top of tank ? Is your tank in cab? Going in 70 c-10, my tank is covered in dynamat at the moment
Not sure if you've figured this out already, but I just noticed your question. No vent on a stock 67-70 tank, as the cap was vented. 71-72 trucks have a different tank - non-vented cap, and an Evaporative Emissions Control (EEC, smog regulations) vent system to a charcoal canister under the hood. Those of us with 71-72 tanks can use the additional vent fitting as fuel returns in some scenarios.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #42
TXgearhead67

Good info applebmw! I have my block at the machine shop right now. I’ll call them and talk to them about cam vacuum and let you know bud.
TXgearhead67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #43
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgearhead67 View Post
Good info applebmw! I have my block at the machine shop right now. I’ll call them and talk to them about cam vacuum and let you know bud.
Here is response from Isky....
Our 39627128114 should get the job done for you. You can search this part number on our site
And it will give you the full specs, etc...

Regards, Isky Cam
Old 03-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #44
1969 Project

Just a quick update for anyone that is curious about the Holley Sniper EFI system. I have been running it for about a month now. It learned pretty quick and I have a much better cold start, idle and throttle response. Holley tech support has been very helpful with any questions that I have had.
1969 Project is offline   Reply With Quote