The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2021, 07:16 AM   #1
Six862m6

'67 - '68 Repro/Aftermarket Cab Floor Carpet Question

Got a question for my fellow '67-'68 guys concerning the molded carpets you can buy out there. Other year guys are of course welcome to chime in but this is concerning an issue with the hand brake cable for the parking brake on 67 and 68s.

About 5 years or so back I redid most of the interior of my '68, including the carpet. I can't remember exactly where/who's I picked at this time but I made sure that it said it was good to go for '68s. It's a nice, thick carpet and I'm happy with it.... mostly. The one thing it wasn't shaped/molded for is where the cable for the hand operated parking brake comes through the bottom part of the cab. I've posted a couple of pics showing what I'm talking about. Because of this, it causes the carpet to not want to make it all the way to the driver side cab wall near the vent. It's a little exaggerated in the pics because I currently have the hand brake mechanism unmounted and lying on the floor but it definitely still causes an issue when mounted under the dash where it belongs.

Does anyone out there know of a vendor that makes a nice molded carpet that takes this into account for the '67-'68s? I can just cut my current carpet for it of course but I'm no seamstress and it won't be near as nice as if someone out there has a carpet made for this.
Attached Images