The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2003, 05:26 PM   #51
greenhorn male

Didn't work. Maybe I'll try later
Old 11-04-2003, 05:33 PM   #52
BLACK AND BLUE 67-72
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK AND BLUE 67-72
It does appear to have been stripped, doesn't it? But it's still kinda dumb why not save the whole truck instead? Lots of insurance??????
This was my original post. What do you not understand about it O'skool? I said it (appeared) to have been stripped!! I did not say that it WAS stripped. Then I also said "But it's still kind of dumb why not save the whole truck instead? In other words so you can UNDERSTAND O'skool I said that it would be dumb to just strip it instead of taking the whole truck!!! Then the "Lots of insurance??" remark was attempted as scarcasm, not saying that it was stripped so he could save certain items!!! Also in my my half ass picture was intended to be one of another very hot fire. There was close to 200 gal. of diesel and about 34 gal. of gas, so yes it did get very HOT!!! Tell me what kind of vehicle it was?? Besides that what are you talking about only 5min. of time to grab things?? Did the fire just start 5min. before that happened? I am sure that they have T.V.'s and radios. So it's not like it was a "Surprise" most people have known about it for quite some time.....I think that junkyardjohn supplied enough scarcasm for everyone, so I don't need your smart assed remarks also!!
Yellville, Ar. USA

Last edited by BLACK AND BLUE 67-72; 11-04-2003 at 05:35 PM.
BLACK AND BLUE 67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 06:54 PM   #53
junkyardjohn

WELL IMAGINE THE SCURVY NERVE OF SOMEONE TO BE SARCASTIC, & NOT TOTALLY & BLINDLY AGREE WITH SOMEONE ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF A FIRE, & WHAT WAS GOING THRU THE VICTUMS MIND AT THE TIME OF A TRAJEDY, WHEN AFTER ALL... HE IS A "FIREMAN". ......... SHEESH...... THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE.
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:03 PM   #54
greenhorn male

Brighter pic

Poor truck. But I'm happy for the family survived.

Last edited by greenhorn male; 03-30-2006 at 02:33 AM.
greenhorn male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:02 AM   #55
ThreeQuarter

LOL! There's no way for any of us to know for sure, we can only guess. So here's mine; :p

It wasn't stripped. This fire was different from your run-of-the-mill roadside fire because it occurred indoors. The heat was contained and concentrated, not to mention everything else burning around it like automotive fluids, etc. Tires and things on the exterior of the vehicle get a much more thorough baking in a situation like that.

Why was the pickup in the garage at all? Notice that the guy's house, 100' away, made it through just fine, so he may have been betting that the garage would make it through, too. Gambled and lost.

Glad to see everyone's OK and the house made it through.

My $.02
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote