The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2023, 03:06 PM   #51
samkost

Re: Anyone use OC Auto Carpets? (Auto Custom Carpets)

[QUOTE=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;9235702]Installed their loomed tank cover. Simple really, the cover has 4-5 clips that slide onto the tank's top edge in the right places. It has a flap that fits inside the lower RH pocket. A flap next to it covers a jack. There's perhaps 4" more on the bottom than shown, seems you just tuck that in underneath. No cuts required. Pending seat belts that will help hold it in place. It's made well, feels like a good weight for the task. The loom is in real good shape.

On some downside, one of these mats is frayed. Could live it if I had to, but this shouldn't cut QA. Pending ACC.[/QUOTE

Tony.
The molded tank cover and fitment looks great!
I assume you didn’t use the OE cardboard tank cover underneath?
Just the new tank cover?
I see you ordered the new C10 logo offered now from ACC on your mats. Sharp!
Sorry to hear about the fraying. IMHO, I would be picky too, for the money spent. I hope they resolve the issue.
Again, looks great and thanks for the ACC products update.
Sam

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:05 PM   #52
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

[quote=samkost;9235706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Installed their loomed tank cover. Simple really, the cover has 4-5 clips that slide onto the tank's top edge in the right places. It has a flap that fits inside the lower RH pocket. A flap next to it covers a jack. There's perhaps 4" more on the bottom than shown, seems you just tuck that in underneath. No cuts required. Pending seat belts that will help hold it in place. It's made well, feels like a good weight for the task. The loom is in real good shape.

On some downside, one of these mats is frayed. Could live it if I had to, but this shouldn't cut QA. Pending ACC.[/QUOTE

Tony.
The molded tank cover and fitment looks great!
I assume you didn’t use the OE cardboard tank cover underneath?
Just the new tank cover?
I see you ordered the new C10 logo offered now from ACC on your mats. Sharp!
Sorry to hear about the fraying. IMHO, I would be picky too, for the money spent. I hope they resolve the issue.
Again, looks great and thanks for the ACC products update.
Sam
That's the "Gas Tank Cover Loop". The "molded loop" is bit cheaper. I installed nothing underneath, and stored the old divider away just to have it. It's actually in good shape. I like the logo as well, there's red in it, not shown by the pic. Looks old school.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:35 PM   #53
samkost

[quote=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;9235731]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkost View Post

That's the "Gas Tank Cover Loop". The "molded loop" is bit cheaper. I installed nothing underneath, and stored the old divider away just to have it. It's actually in good shape. I like the logo as well, there's red in it, not shown by the pic. Looks old school.
Your photo of the tank cover fooled me into thinking it was their new molded version.
Your loop cover sure fits well.
The price difference is confusing. You would think the molded style would be pricier.
Thanks again Tony
Sam

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
Old 08-31-2023, 10:42 PM   #54
custom10nut

After seeing the Tank cover, I’m definitely ordering one when I order my carpet.
Thanks Shortbed402 for posting the pictures and your description of ease of install
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 09:03 PM   #55
68 C10 Driver

My ACC carpet. Great quality looks great and has finished edges and came with padding. I thought the color was a perfect match with the paint.
Attached Images

68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 11:35 AM   #56
samkost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C10 Driver View Post
My ACC carpet. Great quality looks great and has finished edges and came with padding. I thought the color was a perfect match with the paint.
That couldn’t look any nicer!
Beautiful color contrasts
Thanks for the photos.

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
Old 09-11-2023, 06:07 PM   #57
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

What Sam said, looks SO nice. Beautiful steering wheel, btw
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 09-11-2023, 06:13 PM   #58
OneBad71

Quote:
I just received mine. Yours looks great ! any trick to getting the dimmer switch grommet in correctly ? Is that an old air cond unit under the dash or new ?
Thanks Dan
OneBad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 11:41 PM   #59
CKfan

Quote:
Great looking truck. That wheel really shows well with your carpet color.
Nice!
CKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:14 PM   #60
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

I hired a guy to repair my seat, install the new SMS seat covers, and install the flooring and fuel tank cover. The seat covers are the original material. SMS did the sewing, and the fit is perfect.

Should have seen the upholsterer in action. 1K gets a foam cutter, I think the blade is 10" or so. An 85 year old, handy as heck fellow lives across form him, he welded a new spring where a piece had broken.

The driver's side was sunk badly. The upholster fixed that beginning with a 1" cut over say a 16" square section of the original foam. He glued a new 1" foam pad in place of the cut. Then he cut, cut, cut some more. Then he glued the original cut on top of that, cut cut some more to perfect. Anyway, new seat, I can finish the interior now, hallelujah. What a pleasure to finish my truck with the likes of door panels and that. But then again, can't say when my front bumper will be done ("any day now").

I messed up, we were in a hurry to install the seat to finish the job, so I forgot to take an image of the floor and fuel tank cover. That said, those went in so easily. He only spent two hours on it, the seat was 3.5. In a nutshell, he cut for the seat's bolts. Sliced for the fuel tank tube(s) and a pinch for one retractable belt, perhaps something for the belt buckles? His slices in the fuel tank cover allowed him to glue its bottom to the floor, folded forward, which is then covered by the floor carpet.

The ACC stuff fits nicely. They forgot the dimmer grommet. I called them, see what happens, but ordered another from elsewhere anyhow. Included an image or two with ACC's floor mats. Wasn't sure if I liked them at first. Edit, I don't I'm ordering solid black.
Attached Images

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 11-11-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2023, 10:08 PM   #61
samkost

Your SMS seat came out beautiful, very sharp.
I bet you’re glad to get the seat, carpets and belts crossed off the list.

I was also pleased with the quality of the ACC carpet and tank cover.
It did take me a couple of days to get them fitted and aligned for all the bolts and sills.
Very happy with my end result.
Attached Images

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
Old 11-11-2023, 10:15 PM   #62
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Your SMS seat came out beautiful, very sharp.
I bet you’re glad to get the seat, carpets and belts crossed off the list.

I was also pleased with the quality of the ACC carpet and tank cover.
It did take me a couple of days to get them fitted and aligned for all the bolts and sills.
Very happy with my end result.
That looks FANSTASTIC. Love that wheel. Yes, I'm real happy to cross that one off. The truck's 99.999% done. That and I get to drive it again, he had the seat three months before he got to it today. I was THRILLED when he said, cool, let's go do your flooring now. He's a busy guy. "Outback Dave". He's from Australia.
Old 11-13-2023, 01:18 PM   #63
custom10nut

So, I’m about to order my new Carpets, and have a question.
If I buy the molded carpet with the MASS backing, is the JUTE PADDING needed?
My plan is to put down Sound Deadener, and the the MASS backed carpet.
Has anyone else done it this way?
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #64
samkost

Sound/Insulation and then the ACC carpet with mass backing is the way to go.
The mass backing carpet comes with a jute padding already molded in.
I went full coverage (some say a little overboard ) with the DynaMat and then the mass backed carpet.
Good luck with your install.
Attached Images

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
Old 11-13-2023, 10:37 PM   #65
Casper42

Hilarious! they also "forgot" my grommet - must be trying to save money. LOL They also sent me a free one only after an email to inquire if they had them.

Quote:
A mail box surprise today, the missing dimmer switch grommet from ACC.
Just call ACC directly and they will mail you the missing part and an informative product guide.
Great no questions asked customer service from ACC.
Sam
Casper42 is offline   Reply With Quote