The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
SATownChevy

68 shortbed frame up rebuild (dropping it) - pics, lots of them!!!

This was my daily driver from senior year in high school to senior year of college. Two weeks before my graduation, my rear end got burned up, leaked a little too much fluid through the axle seal and got red hot. Parked it for 2.5 years in my back yard since I bought a new car to get me around. Managed to get my credit cards paid off so I thought I would reward myself by fixing up the old beast.

The rear end has brand new mosler axles 6 lug, limited slip, 3.73 gears. Got a 700R4 with a B&M stage 2 shift kit sending the power. Going to rebuild my 350 with high performance parts. comp cam, roller lifters, bigger valves on the heads, air gap intake, msd hei distributor, taylor wires, headman headers, eldebrock 650 cfm 4 barrel. Everything is going to be electric. i installed a painless wire harness a year before the rear end died on me, best thing i ever installed on the truck.

Going to be replacing the drums all around with disc all around. I have had to many scary moments when i hit the brakes and i dont slow down. i nearly pooped myself when the traffic ahead on me on the highway came to a stop but i didnt. some people driving toyotas know what im talking about.

Going to be taking pics throughout the whole project for your viewing pleasure.

Here are some pics of my truck from a few years back
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...05#post3847205

3.9.10 - removed painless wire harness

3.10.10 - removed front clip

3.11.10 - removed bed

Last edited by SATownChevy; 03-17-2010 at 09:02 PM.
SATownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote