The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
67'ShortMonster

67 SWB with must II front & 4 link rear.

Hey...
I am building up the chassis for my 67 SWB and have been pondering over how to go about the suspension.
Gonna power it with a 454 and th400, rear end is a 9 inch... I was gonna go with bags all four corners, do the crossmember notch... swap over to 88-91 spindles ect on the front. ect ect.... just like everyone else.
The machinist that helps me with all the odd ball stuff, suggested that if i need to buy the bags, spindles... upgrade to new crossmembers, shorten my frame, and that i am building a tri-anglulated 4 link for the rear, he suggested i go mustang II front end and go coil overs at all four corners. I plan to have the truck sit fairly low... probably like a 5/7 drop... 20" wheels. so i have to notch the rear. I dug into the idea of a mustang II and the coil over's idea, and found that once i bought all the parts, realistically, i would be into it for the same price. So i decided to try and make it work.
Anyone have any knowedge they can pass on about the idea before i figure out everything the hard way... ?
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote