The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
ryanroo

Parts truck

this build is going to hopefully happen relatively quick. i picked this truck up not quite a year ago. its ugly and nasty but i am a sucker. i used the front clip for my other 72 and set the 67 clip on it as a repacement. not one thing was done to it until recently.

in may i was talking to my brother in law and he decided to buy my DD (a 97 f250) to use for a when i need a truck type of thing. they live on a small acreage and he drives a Hyundai. they need a truck now and again and i had been considering selling the ford anyhow. they had just bought a new car for my sister so he wanted to wait until october to buy the ford.

a few weeks ago i snagged a 78 K30 and a plan hatched. it has a decent 350 and a good set of axles. the 72 has a tired greasy 350 that has who knows how many miles. axles are questionable at best. they work, but need a total overhaul. as opposed to replacing my f250 with something i decided to attempt getting the yellow truck (i call it the pee bucket in a slightly less PC way) running by merging the two, and cruising in super hillrod fashion. my cul de sac neighbors love me!

the 78 is a 4 speed truck and i decided i wanted an auto. the transmission and t case are really nasty in the 72 so out they come too.

anyway, here is a few pics.

this came in the mail today. went all out and ordered the "race kit" with kolene steels and red alto frictions. not sure that was neccesary but it was only a few bucks more. also got a Hughes truck convertor for it.

so far the front clip is help on by few bolts and i pulled the 205 as well as the some other stuff. i have also started striping the 78 and will hopefully make some progress this weekend!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote