The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #51
cableguy0

yea if hes on dialup his ip is never the same twice so its about impossible to ban the ip
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:37 PM   #52
inline6Bill
A classic GM kinda guy

Josh,

I, for one, am EXTREMELY happy with this website, it has the best group of people that have some of the best ideas, and you are doing a great job.

As for the "hemmeroid", he reminds me of taking a dump: you feel better after getting rid of that waste.

"If you can find a better vehicle, buy it" Lee Iacocca, Chrysler commercials of the '80s.
"I did. They are called Classic GM pickups !!!"
inline6Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #53
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Sorry you have to deal with stuff like that Josh. Hopefully he'll finally just go away and make the planet a more pleasnt one.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #54
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

And my respect for one of the parts guys just went down the toilet. This is from his board.
Quote:
I am happy to see you posting again Phil and look forward to future posts that's for sure. I am sorry to here your health hasn't been so good, however am glad that you are feeling better now. I hope you do make the trip up here too, when you come up to Portland. It's only another hour and a half.. If for no other reason, than to shoot the breeze... Anyway glad to see you back. WES

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #55
67cst
i love summertime

what a doofus, yeah i remember fast68 he was too, also while were on the topic of bad apples you guys remember nucleus?

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #56
nu2-72

I too remember Fast68. Randy was a unique person. Most of us are in some way. He had a lot of knowledge about these trucks. His problem was the constant life crisis.
I for one feel that he had something to offer from time to time.
I also feel that the ban was justified. He brought it on himself. But in all fairness, he is missed. Sometimes he made me laugh. Do not be too hard on him.
And don't throw stones unless you can catch. I also remember some board members that do nothing but run posts up. They too are on here with their life in shambles, crying the blues, but they are not banned. They don't even know when to quit.
We all have our faults. I have plenty.
This site has made me numerous friends, countless contacts, lots of parts and more info than I will ever remember.
I applaud Josh for the hard work that he does. I think it is time for another donation to the board.
And as far as PJ. I have probably had more dealings with him than anyone else on this board. I am moving on. Everyone else can do so as well.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
nu2-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:00 PM   #57
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

I personally never had a problem with Fast68. I sold some parts to him and the transactions went smoothly. I don't think i was around when the crap hit the fan and he was banned though. But he always used to complain about how terrible his life was, and ask for suggestions on how to get it going, then do nothing about it. Sure, i've got problems in my life to but i don't spill them on to the board to look for sympthay.
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM   #58
mikeoj

Thanks for the board Josh!I think you are doing a great service for us all!
mikeoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:42 PM   #59
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

For all the '' bad apples'' that has been posted how about kudos for some of the best!!!! Tim C, Big Orange, Fine 69, Longhornman, Huck,GMC Paul, Randy C-10!!! And I could add others, these guys are what make this board the best. Josh and his help keep it all together and make it work. Thanks to all the members that makes this board rock!!!!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:03 PM   #60
Downtown

Josh

I have been here since the beginning. You have done a great job and have nothing but my gratitude for setting up this board. The only way people like PJ can make themselves feel better is by tearing others down. I am not a kid, I am 49 and have seen people like this many times. If they can't make themselves believe they are better than others, they can't function. Usaully they are all fluff and no substance. Trust me, the fact that you have successful board and the respect of its members is killing him. Great job and thanks for everything.

Mark

72 Super Cheyenne Longbed 350 49,000 original miles and My dad ordered it new

66 Chevy Caprice 2 dr

74 Honda CB750

New Palestine, IN
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #61
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

I would not know JACK about my truck if it were not for this site. It flat out ROCKS!!! In fact, it is my home page, first to pop up when I log on to the net!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:52 PM   #62
HuggerCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow72custom
I personally never had a problem with Fast68. I sold some parts to him and the transactions went smoothly. I don't think i was around when the crap hit the fan and he was banned though. But he always used to complain about how terrible his life was, and ask for suggestions on how to get it going, then do nothing about it. Sure, i've got problems in my life to but i don't spill them on to the board to look for sympthay.
Exactly! It's sad that the guy has the knowledge that he has of these trucks, but doesn't know when to shut up. Always whining about his life, but never does anything to change it. Maybe he should go to work for Wes, lol. He doesn't hold a candle to Nucleus though. That was the only guy that I ever considered putting on my "ignore" list. He was extremely irritating, but I kept reading just to see what would get him banned. The political bs board helped alot.
53 Chevy shortbed
69 Camaro

Click here to subscribe
Chevy GMC International Truck Club Louisiana Charter Member
http://www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
HuggerCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:31 AM   #63
bigjimzlll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred T
And my respect for one of the parts guys just went down the toilet. This is from his board.

I guess you could lump me in with what Wes said....I had a few good experiences with Phil...I had no clue he was flaming Josh. Up until I read this I would of stepped up to defend him(as I did Fast 68 way back when)...but I will say that flaming Wes isn't fair. I get chitty email from people on this board quite fequently...but I have pretty thick skin. I really dont like bullys and thats what phil is doing

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:36 AM   #64
Putter
More Cowbell....

It has just about all been covered. I support you Josh, and appreciate this board and the members. Heck, even if you were just a computer 'geek' and rode a bicycle to work because you were scared of cars/trucks, it would still be a valuable board. Personally, I would not give him a second thought.....unless of course after a 30-minute bathroom timber-stacking session you fondly remember him during the "PAPERWORK".
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 PM   #65
COBALT

Fast68Chevy had issues. His personal pitty party was actually part of a continuing cycle. He'd whine about something, ask advice, people would give it to him, and then he wouldn't take it.

Later he'd flame someone for trying to sell something he didn't think was worth anything, or jump all over somebody because he thought they didn't know what they were talking about.

All the while he hacked up cars, lost teeth, and *****ed and moaned. We all got tired of him. He even tried emailing me and asking ME to go talk to Josh to get him back on the board after he flipped everyone the bird. Silly.

Nucleus was just a random arrogant pain in the butt.

This whole problem with Philip Johnson is different. This guy needs a jacket. You know, the kind that zips up in the back? Yeah, that kind. Give him a rubber knife to stab himself with. That way he'll feel like he's accompishing something without hurting himself.

For the record his raving carrying on is really not about politics either. He's just looking for an opening to hastle Josh I think. If it's not that, it'll be something else.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #66
Shane
Account Suspended

Fast68Chevy also got into some "hot water" due to attempting to sell parts ... then backing out ... then attempting to sell them again ... then backing out, again ....then admitting that the parts weren't even his to begin with.

Last edited by Shane; 11-08-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:22 PM   #67
john
member #16

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjimzlll
I had no clue he was flaming Josh. but I will say that flaming Wes isn't fair. I really dont like bullys and thats what phil is doing
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #68
EdB

Josh,

You run a great site. This guy is a loser. Ban him and move on.

EdB
EdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:16 PM   #69
greasemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBALT
All the while he hacked up cars, lost teeth, and *****ed and moaned.
lol I just spit water all over the keyboard! Thanks for the laugh and the fond memories.
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:28 PM   #70
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBALT
All the while he hacked up cars, lost teeth, and *****ed and moaned. We all got tired of him. He even tried emailing me and asking ME to go talk to Josh to get him back on the board after he flipped everyone the bird. Silly.

LMFAO!!!!!

While being unaware of his parts selling habbits, and still being kinda new and not knowing that the "I hate my life threads" were habitual...I too stood up for him.

I did do one deal with him, and it took hime about 3 weeks to get around to sending my my torque converter...I really wish he woulda drained it...so did Julie...the mail carrier at the time. I answered the doos and she had dextron covering her whole torso. she looked just a tick upset.

I had tried to buy other things and he'd not return mssages.

and other things and he'd sell them out from under me.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #71
Primered_69

I would not lose any respect for WES. The post above appears to be a kind response but in no way appears to be condoning the flamming or anything else. WES is a business man and has to be nice to customers wheter he likes them or not. So do not lose respect for WES.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:58 PM   #72
COBALT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
...I really wish he woulda drained it...so did Julie...the mail carrier at the time. I answered the doos and she had dextron covering her whole torso.
OMFG. You see?!? That should tell any newbies here everything they need to know about that guy in a nutshell. I did a few deals with him, and never had a problem, so I used to defend him pretty heavily. I think that's why he used to email me all the time, and of course like a moron I'd respond.

...until I caught him red handed heckling some honest guy out on the parts board for trying to sell a radiator, gas tank, or something similar (don't remember).

"Yeah, good luck selling that! That's not worth more than blah blah blah. No one will buy it, and you don't know anything to try..." Something like that.

That was the final straw I believe before he got banned for good.
Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:58 PM   #73
skokie

I have spoken and done business with WES on more than one occassion. I dont have a bad word to say about him and he does what he says. Short and sweet Primered 69 I second that.

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #74
Maximum Overdrive
December 21, 2012

Not much I can add, but keep up the good work Josh.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #75
BraveDave

I am probably a little late adding to this thread, but I do have a little advise to you, Josh. I am a "president" of an internet-based guitar club and every once in a while we have someone causing trouble or flaming one of the members. This has gotten out of hand twice in the last 3 or 4 years. When it is obvious that the perp is not going away, I, as president, simply declare "ignore". That tells everyone not to reply to anything else they post, no matter what they say. It works like charm.