The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
1969shortbed6.0

My build at 15 years old

Hi everyone my name is Joe and I am 15 years old. I love working on anything with a motor and had always wanted a 67-72 Chevy from the time i was very young. This past memorial day my dad and I picked up our project. The owner had bought the truck about 8 years ago in Arizona (we live in Michigan) and drove it for a few years and then he decided to start a restoration. He took the cab, bed and front clip off the frame and stopped because of numerous surgeries and it was too hard for him to work anymore. The truck was a 1969 C20 longbed with a 350 engine and 400 trans with factory air, powersteering, and powerbrakes. The truck had very little rust on the rockers and cab corners but that was the only rust on the whole truck. He had wanted to make a shortbed truck when he was going to restore it so he bought a 1968 c10 swb frame and bed from Oklahoma. I only wanted a shortbed truck so this made the deal. I bought the truck with my grass money and the project began. Our plan was to build a swb truck lowered a few inches with a fuel injected 5.3 or 6.0 vortec with an electronically controlled trans. This will be my daily driver once I turn 16. Here are some pictures of when we brought the truck home in pieces.
1969shortbed6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote