The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
farmtrucks

High School Project Build

My name is Jeff Ferguson(Farmtrucks) and I teach Auto Mechanics at Hancock County High School in Sneedville, TN, where I have taught for 20 yrs.

To try and get my students and more students interested in my classes, I am wanting to do a project build.

I have restored several vehicles over the years and know what is involved. I have never done this with a group of teenagers - so I may have a challenge, but I think they are up for it.

Build plan is going to be a 70 c10 "Patina" pickup, LS, 4l60e, A/C, suspension swap(may lay frame, may not), and various other things(keeping paint work to a minimum, because we don't have a paint booth)

Sponsors will be recognized in build thread and displayed on the back window of truck. After completion the truck will be auctioned off at some type of auto auction(Corvette Expo, Knoxville or Charolette Auto Fair), or E-bay - however this is not finalized. All proceeds will be going back to my class fund, so hopefully we can keep doing this ever year.

This is in the planning stage for now but it is getting closer to reality.

If you have an interest in helping with this project, please let me know.

What do you guys think -- any suggestions?

Here is my personal truck, and build will be something like it.

Last edited by farmtrucks; 09-08-2014 at 01:51 PM.
farmtrucks is offline   Reply With Quote