The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #51
palallin

Re: I with I had been driving my truck last night.

I hit a deer with my truck, a pretty good-sized doe, doing about 35. I pulled the grill guard back toward the grill and broke the bug shield. The grill shell got a small dent on the side, no other damage. The deer was airborne when I lost side of it. I used a come-along to pulled the guard back out and removed the broken bug shield.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #52
In The Ten Ring

I finally updated this thread with pics. See my opening post.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 AM   #53
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

that's not so bad. I would have got a junk yard hood and called it a day.

I've got a couple pics of deer in my trunk. PM me your cell and I'll text them to you
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #54
brad_man_72
the boat guy

5mph. The right fender was ok. Bent the frame. You don't want to imagine what I would have given to have been driving my $800 miata instead.. at 10 mph or even 30mph would have been better than doing that to my truck. Hell ill go set it on fire right now if it would bring my original front clip back.
I can't believe anybody would wish bad things would have rather happened to their trucks.
Attached Images

66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 PM   #55
dazza

I remember this thread, but just noticed something. It's posted on 11-24-2015 and the bear was hit "last night", although the pics show a date of 03-19-2014? huh?
Not saying it didn't happen, just curious.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #56
AnotherWs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_man_72 View Post
5mph. The right fender was ok. Bent the frame. You don't want to imagine what I would have given to have been driving my $800 miata instead.. at 10 mph or even 30mph would have been better than doing that to my truck. Hell ill go set it on fire right now if it would bring my original front clip back.
I can't believe anybody would wish bad things would have rather happened to their trucks.
Did that thing jump right out in front of you?? Kinda need an explanation on that one.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #57
Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK

We almost hit 4 deer on our way home from the lake Luckily all 4 brakes locked up and I ended up doing a half assed doughnut (old farmers gravel road) Doing nothing but tapping the side of what has to be the luckiest deer alive!

Teaches me for doing Sk speed limit (50 MPH gravel) on a truck with no computer stuff, could of been worse if someone was around. (still getting used to driving the truck)
Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #58
brad_man_72
the boat guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Did that thing jump right out in front of you?? Kinda need an explanation on that one.
Over a week of working in 100* heat, after work, towed a ford out of the road, loaded a truck full of carpet, I was hungry and fell asleep, at least asleep enough to not look around my a pillar to see the pole in the parking lot. Had I been ripping donuts I would have been awake to avoid the pole.
It makes me sick. Driving tired is just as bad as driving drunk.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #59
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68C15 View Post
that's not so bad. I would have got a junk yard hood and called it a day.

I've got a couple pics of deer in my trunk. PM me your cell and I'll text them to you
Thanks man. Over 60% of "totaled" according to the adjuster. I was worried it was totaled out.

More damage under the hood than one would have expected and the front bumper cover was shattered. Not many Honda's in local junkyards.

I can't do text pictures though, the phone is only a flip phone and isn't up the task. I'll PM my email if you want to email those.

*Deer hits account for some 70 percent of all auto body repair work in WV!

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 09-01-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #60
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_man_72 View Post
Driving tired is very dangerous. Glad you are OK and I hope you got it fixed.

I'd had two driving tired crashes. Fortunately both were minor and I learned my lesson.

I never wished anything bad on my truck. I did wonder though, on a thread where I would expect others might know from experience, if my truck would have fared better. When I began this thread, I feared my car might have been totaled out and I'm unable to buy an equal car for what that car is worth to the insurance company (full coverage still).

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 09-01-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #61
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
I remember this thread, but just noticed something. It's posted on 11-24-2015 and the bear was hit "last night", although the pics show a date of 03-19-2014? huh?
Not saying it didn't happen, just curious.
You aren't the first to be confused by that! : It's been 2014 on the camera since I bought it two years ago! Thanks Polaroid. My phone is a flip phone, so don't ever expect to see a pic from my phone.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #62
dazza

ha, I thought about that later, I'm always too lazy to be going through a bunch of menus to set the correct date. I would think with today's technology you should be able to at least tell your device what day it is if it forgets!
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #63
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
ha, I thought about that later, I'm always too lazy to be going through a bunch of menus to set the correct date. I would think with today's technology you should be able to at least tell your device what day it is if it forgets!
Glad I'm not the only one! That little Polaroid is a bit hard to use.