The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #51
leddzepp

Re: Covid

Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #52
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
poor horse died.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #53
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
poor horse died.
of covid no doubt
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:55 PM   #54
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
of covid no doubt
With underlying conditions.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #55
68bowtie

The horse named conversation...

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
Old 12-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #56
68panelman

From a co-worker
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #57
CG
BlahBlahBlah

My personal feelings dont come in to play one way or the other when Im in public. Wearing a mask isnt even close to being a big deal. There are a lot of things I do at home that I wouldnt consider doing in public. Like right now sitting here at the computer Im ...
Old 12-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #58
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

LETS HOPE,,,,,, ,,,,,,,that there will be a honest evaluation of all the Covid 19 mandates and what our health people has had us abide by using science that both will be evaluated to make it better for all next time ,,because there is going to be a next time with all the population growing like it is and so easy to spread.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #59
Bimus

JFK said I need this parade like I need another hole in my head . I wore a hard hat and steel toe boots safety glasses flame resistant cloths at work for years and have no problem wearing a mask .
Old 12-05-2020, 06:45 PM   #60
1976gmc20

I picked the wrong year to give up robbing banks.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #61
rharris

I don’t think the PPE is the problem. I think it’s our govt’s repeated lies that has put us where we are. Ever watch a pres debate and see both talk in circles and lie and not do what they say? They’ll say one thing that 100% contradicts what they did or said merely weeks ago. It’s a joke. I don’t care which side you’re on. This pandemic is political, whether we like it or not. How can we trust anyone that will use anything for their own political gain?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #62
best view

Amen to that I like the president that said there is nothing to fear but fear itself
Old 12-05-2020, 07:36 PM   #63
Andy4639
Old member

For those that are saying you don't care about your loved ones because you want wear a mask, your kidding your self if you think a paper mask is doing anything to keep your loved ones safe from it. I have had to stay away from my dad who is 95 because of this, it's not fun but it's what he wanted so I have. The saddest part is he still tested positive for it but never got sick thank God. 3 weeks he went without any help. No cooking, cleaning nothing.
He sat in his house by him self.
The same people that said don't worry about this virus at the beginning of it are the same ones telling us now to wear a paper mask. The same people have been telling us it saves lives to wear paper masks. Well folks a virus that travels through the air and is wet can be absorbed through your eyes. You don't have to breath it in but it is a direct path.

Hartford HealthCare
How does COVID-19 spread from person to person?
These droplets carrying SARS-CoV-2 can enter your body through the mucous membranes (wet parts) of your face – your eyes, nose and mouth – which provide a direct pathway to your throat and lungs

You believe what you want but there is no stricter PPE required than for radiation workers in the USA! Nobody has anything on the NRC regulating the nuclear industry. If your work required you to use water you had to have full plastics on. I have spent 8hrs out of a 12 hr work day in this type of stuff for over 30 years.
If they really wanted to stop this then here is what you need to wear.

This was a suite for wet work in a nuclear plant in a contaminated area. You had to have a breathing air line hooked up to the suite to breath.

This was for normal work. 75% of my work I was dressed like this to protect my self from air borne particles.
I'm OK and I'm not mad at anyone here just want facts to be know about what is going on in our world today. It's not fun and it's scary. But what makes it even worse is our government giving out false info. If you feel better wear the paper mask then by all means wear it. But the attitude towards ones that don't need to change.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:49 PM   #64
leddzepp

Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #65
Grumpy old man

^ "You believe what you want but there is no stricter PPE required than for radiation workers in the USA! Nobody has anything on the NRC regulating the nuclear industry. If your work required you to use water you had to have full plastics on. I have spent 8hrs out of a 12 hr work day in this type of stuff for over 30 years.

[B][COLOR="Red"]This was for normal work. 75% of my work I was dressed like this to protect my self from air borne particles." [/QUOTE]

Andy , Earlier you posted you have Asbestosis how did that happen ?

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Old 12-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #66
truckster

Even a chain link fence will stop some leaves from blowing through. If wearing a mask gives my wife a 1% better chance of survival, I'm wearing the mask. If you don't like it, that's your problem, not mine.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #67
72c20customcamper

These droplets that are absorbed through the eyes and mucus membrain have to be come airborne. I'm not saying that masks are 100% effective but if they stop 50 to 75% of these droplets from entering the air via mouth and nose emissions you effectively are helping to stop the spread. Someone sneezes or coughs without one on those droplets land everywhere including things that you may touch.

Surgical masks dont protect the dr they protect the patient.

When I go cutting in the woods I wear a hard hat chainsaw chaps gloves and ear protection . I've never been hit by a falling branch but I still wear it. This is standard PPE all this will do nothing if a tree falls on me so I shouldn't even bother.

After this thing started with the masks NY had to rescind a law that you were not allowed to were a mask in public.

Side note I was home depot the other day in the tool section . They have monitors in the isle and they beep as you pass saying your being recorded. I looked at the screen and laughed. I'm wearing a mask sunglasses carhart jacket and a wide brimmed hat . No one would be able to identify me
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #68
Greasey Harley

Interesting read, lots of perspectives.

No mask here, but I take social distancing to the extreme.
I don't go in stores when the parking lot is over 25% full, and order most goods on line.
I just don't put myself in a situation where people are crowded together.

Feel free to stay 10 feet away from me at all times. Suits me fine.
If I can't stay 10 feet away from people, I keep my shut.

I hope the "greeting hug" is done and gone forever.
Just another perspective. I hope everybody is doing what they think is best for their families.

My sincerest best wishes to everyone here,
I am so done with 2020
-Russ
Old 12-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #69
LT7A

Amazing all the knowledge about extreme PPE and still no grasp of the difference between retaining substances and filtering out substances. If I'm in public, I have on safety glasses and carry sanitizer. That protects me. I wear a mask. That protects everyone else. It's so simple. Masks are not political. Refusal to wear one is a pride issue. Horrifyingly selfish and we'll continue to lose tens of thousands of people because of it. Many of whom were wearing masks to protect the people they didn't know... one of whom gave them the virus.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #70
1976gmc20

Just curious ... how does one give someone the virus if you don't have it?
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-06-2020, 03:05 PM   #71
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Just curious ... how does one give someone the virus if you don't have it?
The problem is not one of people who don't have the virus spreading it. The problem is that you can be infectious before you develop symptoms, and you may have the virus and never become symptomatic. That's why people are urged to wear masks to protect others.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:18 PM   #72
powerdriver

My job is tied to the school district (Mechanic for a school bus contractor) and it's been interesting . 1st problems showed up from the high school football team . several kids were out from contact with a player of the opposing team diagnosed after the game .

Then Halloween hit and it turns out there were 3 parties in which high school kids were at . Some kids went to all 3 parties . This resulted in over 100 kids testing positive . High School was shut completely down for 2 weeks .

one week later an elementary school shut down due to teachers were affected , Not enough staff . After thanksgiving all were back then Wednesday one elementary shut down the whole 1st grade .

During the 1st shutdown I and my shop partner had 10 buses we had to due seat recalls on . We did not wear masks doing those mainly because we were so close and was 90+ degrees then . If he ever had it ,I would have . We bumped hat bills a lot dealing with stretching seat covers .

Due to school rules when I drive bus the mask is on . At the shop it is not , Just me and my partner there . We do weekly fogging of every bus on the lot .

Surprisingly the kids are wearing the masks from k thru 12 . Some of the special needs buses struggle but that's expected .

I missed a day of work Friday . Thursday is felt the tickle of a head cold coming on . Friday morning I had a runny nose and was sneezing . Up until now I always just fought my way thru a cold , never missed a day because of one .

While I was sipping a cup of coffee at 4am Friday I thought it better to call off . It would be horrible optics and if a complaint was made I could be forced into a covid test . This way I lose one day , If tested I couldn't return until a negative test came back . Tests in this area are taking 5 days . I feel good today .

So to answer the question ... Can you be regular sick ? The answer is NO!
Old 12-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #73
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Powerdriver, thanks for that post, it's real-world stuff and is one example of things people must deal with nowadays. Also puts my situation into perspective -- I'm retired and my biggest sacrifice (other than not being able to visit relatives) involves wearing a mask when I go to the stores. Not such a big deal after all.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 12-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #74
truckster

I'll just add this - wearing a mask while teaching classes all day is a pain. When I pull my mask off as I get into my car at the end of the day I feel like I've run 10 miles. Having to sanitize every surface that's been touched by students in between classes is a pain, too. So is policing a bunch of high schoolers to make sure they keep their masks on and social distance. But if it protects my family or my students' families it's worth it to me.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #75
rharris

seems to be some strong opinions on here, and I will say i respect them all. I don't agree with all them, but this place is a nice forum to visit where everyone is for the most part cordial to each other.
The mask that i wear or dont' wear is not a pride issue. It is a respect issue. If my company wants me to wear it, i will. If they don't care, i choose not to wear it. This 'virus reaction/action' is political in my opinion, which may not be worth a cent to some. Swine flu - no thought of mask. Yearly flu strain - no thoughts of masks, yet it kills thousands.

I also speed sometimes. I shouldn't but i do, just as most of us probably do. Some higher authority made a speed limit because it is the safest speed in that environment. Yet, we still ignore it. It's not because we want to be in an accident. It's not because we disrespect the other drivers. But, it could cause an accident, or worse, death. We all make decisions based on the facts we have and thoughts at the time. I don't think anyone ignores masks solely for the purpose of being a jerk to 'infect' the other person.

Lets remember who we are on here - we are all friends, regardless of our difference in opinions. I guess i'm not getting that invite to Grumpy's for dinner. Man, he looks like a fine cook. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread