The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #726
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Hang in there Chad… all those hours will pay off in the long run...
Keep the build in your sights...
I hope so, just sucks I cant make any plans for awhile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl84 View Post
First time looking at this thread, very nice work. Maybe I missed it, but what did your hydroboost unit come out of, what master cylinder are you using, and where did you get the lines for it?
the hydroboost stuff all came off ebay :hoses http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydroboost-H...98fc27&vxp=mtr , fittings : http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Mopar-hyd...a55bcb&vxp=mtr !! I cant remember the guy I got the hydroboost from but it was rebuild and has a corvette master cylinder, but it all came together! I also bought the cpp black adjustable proportioning valve! since I have disc brakes and want to be able to adjust it if need be!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #727
chad64chevy

well guys I did get a lil work done this weekend, before running out of argon! I cut out some of the rust on the back of the cab and replace it! anyways I'll post some before and after pics! I didn't like gap on the bottom of the passenger door looked so that all was fixed when I cut out the cab corner! here's the pics!! first pic doesn't look like much but the gap between the rocker and cab corner was almost a 1/4" inch
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2014, 05:18 PM   #728
chad64chevy

driver side rust!! that's all I got before running out of argon
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #729
clemdaddy

glad you're getting a little bit of truck time... and that new stuff you're picking up at work is good experience for when it comes to paint time on the truck.

keep after it bro... little here, little there.
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #730
Bomp

For a small amount of time you took some big steps. Lots Done!
Looking Good
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #731
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
glad you're getting a little bit of truck time... and that new stuff you're picking up at work is good experience for when it comes to paint time on the truck.

keep after it bro... little here, little there.
thanks clem, really wish I could have been at the get-together, an go to the piston an paint! but work wont allow me to, don't want to risk my up coming raise! been getting a lot more gun time at work since I went to days for the training! they want me to stay on days til the end of dec. atleast, before going back to nights, which is fine with me more o.t on days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
For a small amount of time you took some big steps. Lots Done!
Looking Good
thanks bomp, wish I could have got my driverside cab corner done then the welding on the cab would've been done! then some big progress could happen! sound deadening, carpet, wiring, etc. still have the door to work on but they can be taken off to work on them!

when it comes time to primer and paint the outside of my truck I'm going to talk to them at work about ordering it for me and have them break it down to payments over 6 paychecks! another guy at work told me they have done it for him in the past, which I think is pretty cool of them!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #732
CRGRS 66

Nice work Chad, good to see the progress!

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #733
chad64chevy

well its been months since I updated anything on my thread! NOT TRUCK RELATED!!

I was up for a raise back in Nov. well after two months of working a lot of o.t and buggy them about my raise I got nowhere with them! then found out they had no plans of giving me a raise even though I was doing good, I quit this last Friday 1-9-15! started a new job Wednesday 1-14-15 making $2 more an hr. then previous job (+PLUS) job i'll be working they travel! they do valve repair on water, gas, sewer, steam piping in factories any where in the U.S but mostly the states around Oklahoma!

anyways I've been depressed the last few months over my last job, but things always happen for a reason, and just like that things have turned around! I'll have to work 13 days off 1 day work 13 days and so!! Wife said she can deal with the travel thing as long as I'm making more money! truck is going to be put on the back burner for a while or I'll see what I can do on the one day off every two weeks gets me! but I should really be able to buy a lot of parts real soon with 10-14hr days!

anyways didn't want everyone thinking I just completely stop working on the truck or fell of the face of the earth! just had a hard time recently
Old 01-15-2015, 07:51 PM   #734
Ta2Don

Do what ya gotta do Brother!!!

Hopefully you can get some time off scheduled in Oct for Clem's get-together… gonna have a visit from a couple of members from the UK…Grizz and Martin...
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #735
flips72

what tadon said, gotta take care of family first.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #736
chad64chevy

Quote:
Do what ya gotta do Brother!!!

Hopefully you can get some time off scheduled in Oct for Clem's get-together… gonna have a visit from a couple of members from the UK…Grizz and Martin...
yes don, I'm hoping I can! even though they they say at work that's in the busy season! mid Oct.- mid Dec. 12hr. days 7 days a week! but I told them I have to have the third Saturday off in Oct.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
what tadon said, gotta take care of family first.
thanks jeff

OK so I haven't posted anything in a long time! Still not much to report but buying a lot of stuff with all my overtime money!

had a lil scare with my dad, had my mom call said taking him to the hospital, he cant breath and feels like 1,000lbs. on his chest! they kept him for 2 days doing stress test, blood work, x-ray of his lungs, etc! and as they were getting ready to let him go, they tell him he has COPD from smoking 50+yrs.! has a heart of a 20 yr. old but the lung of a 90yr. old and his best bet would be to stop smoking and start his early retirement or ssi that they won't be releasing him back to work! my dad has never gone to the doctor and the wife was really scared from all of it!

ok back to the truck stuff:

Bought smoke grey side and vent glass from Brothers trucks, they don't sell smoke grey vent glass I had to ask for it! I spent $560 at classic parts buying all the interior stuff: sun visors w/bracket, armrests, window regulators, door glass weatherstripping, complete lock set to have everything keyed the same, AC glove box liner (that I'm only going to use as a template to make a metal glove box liner), and bowtie door sill plates! also bought a driver door from a forum member ( waiting for greyhound to call me to pick it up), bought both bottom inner door patch panels, and when I get a good day off when be dropping my door of with Clemdaddy to get them all fixed up! bought stuff to do the hidden ipod radio, got to buy some Y spitters, ground and power blocks to Y them in! then the speakers and that will be good!

got my sons 5th. b-day party tomorrow and will get pics of everything after!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #737
chad64chevy

sorry guys had a really long week! anyways here are some pics I promised,
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 09:35 PM   #738
chad64chevy

here are some pics of the repop passenger fender, I'm fixing it with my old fender! the front panel where the light housing bolts to is the only problem with the whole fender everything else lines up great!! so I have cut it all out to add my patch and cut everything to line up before I weld it all in
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #739
chad64chevy

i'll get pics this weekend of the driver door and tailgate I got to, there used but in way better shape then what I had in the first place
Old 03-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #740
chad64chevy

while I got my tci outlaw shifter and my two 3" borla pro-xs mufflers in today! I'm not sure if the motor I have in my truck will last very much later in my truck as I has been thinking of a carbed 408 ls engine, or a turbo ls engine!! ordered my vhx gauges today they will take 6-10 weeks before they get here!! here are some more pics!!
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #741
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.

Dude!
Seems like you are buying some cool $h!t!
I can't wait to see it get installed!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #742
clemdaddy

agree with modges... you're getting the good stuff.

give me a call or pm when you can, i'd be glad to help you out with that door.

hope dad is feeling better, i also smoked for years, back then it was thought to be cool and not dangerous. now-a-days it's odd how many still smoke even knowing the dangers. tell your dad to put them away for the grandkids and maybe even great grand ones...
Old 03-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #743
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Dude!
Seems like you are buying some cool $h!t!
I can't wait to see it get installed!
yea, I need to finish the inside of my cab, I got the driver side cab corner to do this weekend after taking my doors to clemdaddy tomorrow! should be doing a lot of the install by the time I get my doors back for him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
agree with modges... you're getting the good stuff.

give me a call or pm when you can, i'd be glad to help you out with that door.

hope dad is feeling better, i also smoked for years, back then it was thought to be cool and not dangerous. now-a-days it's odd how many still smoke even knowing the dangers. tell your dad to put them away for the grandkids and maybe even great grand ones...
thanks clem, i'll be heading your way about 8am, so I should be there around 10am!

yea, my dad has cut down on the smoking went from 1-1.5 packs a day to just 5 cigs a day! it's a start, the wife got a lil emotional with him and it opened his eyes

so I got my 45* degree 3" exhaust and the tips I got were not long enough only 7.5" long so I ordered some that are 18" long did a lil mock up lying it on the floor to find that out! the good thing is, the exhaust tips will not be wasted they will fit are Tahoe and my work truck! still need to buy the exhaust hangers, I'm wanting on the straight pieces, exhaust tips and the header collector flange to be tig welded on to the straight pieces before I can install them for final mock up
Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #744
clemdaddy

hey chad,
here's pics of the doors we talked about. I think they're pretty good, no rust, no big dents, not even the tomahawk from a weak door stop...
let me know if interested.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #745
chad64chevy

doors look good, clem sent you a pm! look better then what I took you, lol
Old 04-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #746
chad64chevy

WELL, progress is progress!!

1) I got my driver side cab corner patch done!
2) Got the back of the cab stripped done using 3m stripping wheels, the green around the glass is already been stripped down and self-etching primer was sprayed on!
3) then today I put some body filler on the back of the cab, still got to sand it all down but getting closer!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #747
flips72

Looks good, glad to see your getting to work on it some, killer parts by the way
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #748
Ta2Don

Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #749
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
Looks good, glad to see your getting to work on it some, killer parts by the way
thanks jeff, glad to see you on here! and yes the new parts; it's funny my 5yr. old son can shift the shifter thru all the gears perfect but my wife can't!! she says if she ever has to move the truck for some reason she will get him to shifter it for her, lol!!!

Quote:
thanks don, time is still counting down! but i'm going to get my truck to that party, lol!! going to start the wiring this next month! new job has me out of town for two weeks! i'll be gone from the 27th.-10th. and will start the wiring when I get back
Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #750
chad64chevy

got a package in the mail the other day! wasn't expecting anything or so I thought, lol! don't know how I can think you for these!! also really enjoyed are talk on the phone, thanks, mike! still can't figure out how you got my address, lol!! had to put craftsman wrenches up there with them cause that's what they truly are, top notch craftsmanship!!
Attached Images