The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #751
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Your part number is only a valve for a single line. My part number is a distribution block as well as the valve. On Wilwoods site, your part number specs 100 - 1000 psi with 57% reduction. The one I asked about only specs the 57% without the PSI rating. I emaild Wilwood last month with the question about PSI and they never responded.... The reason I chose the part number I did is because I needed a new distribution block anyway and this eliminated extra parts and connections....

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #752
my4by2

Keven stated that the part number you spec'd in your original question (I sent him verbatim text) is what they generally use for this type of system. However, given the fact that my truck already has the brake switch Wilwood makes an identical unit sans the switch & he was thinking of going with it. That was the part number he mentioned. With smaller items items like this they make the calls on what gets ordered - given that I am over here in Afghanistan I try to stick to only specifying major end items or steering them in a general direction for a specific purpose. With this part I simply spec'd that I wanted a manual bias valve so I can set the split how I like.
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #753
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Well I'm glad to hear that it's being used with hydroboost. I asked becasue I didnt see the distibution block in your pics but I know you said you had a Wilwood MC waiting to go on... I plan on running -AN braided line down to the frame instead of coiled hard line. I think it will look cleaner and free up space next to the steering column....

Everything is looking good on your build...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #754
my4by2

Yep, have the alloy Wilwood master cylinder - it's not installed yet because the cap got sent out with the others to the billet guy - he's making fill caps for some that aren't already billet & matching all the others to a style like the power steering cap - then they'll all get anodized red with the engraved lettering.

My truck was a factory hydraboost set-up so it's not as if we converted - just went with the rear disc's. The braided line would look pretty killer I gotta say!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #755
chevy2racr
So Many Ideas, So Little Money

braided line DOES have some stretch, just an fyi

seems like that would be wrong but the less braided in a brake system the better, buddy did a whole race car in braided and could NOT get the line pressure up....
09 Malibu

Marshalltown, Iowa
chevy2racr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #756
my4by2

Only area mine will have braided line is at the calipers. Rest is all new factory style hard lines.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #757
my4by2

Well, being promised that Keven is on my truck all 3 days this short holiday work week, so we'll see what I get on Wednesday as far as an update with pics. They also said that the new intake is supposed to arrive this week, so looks like the back-order was a bit shorter than I originally feared thank goodness!! Power window switches came in & know Keven is wiring those, so we'll shall see!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #758
my4by2

Smile Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Ok, so Keven's mostly been working on the in-cab wiring for the most part these 3 days, so update pics aren't really all that exciting....

He did manage to get the rough fab work done on my ash tray switch panel as you can see. It'll be 4 separate switches that are identical (although smaller) to to the push-button start on the column - these are for the front light, rear bumper lights, air compressor & heated mirrors.

They're going to use a local company that makes switch panels for buses & stuff - it'll be a black plastic overlay with laser etched out lettering above each switch to show its function. The lighting will be fiber optic so you can read each one. You can see the switch he installed on the rear of it to activate this.

He put a matching pull handle on the front of the door without asking me & I really dislike the look of it, so I'm gonna have them remove that & then have Mario re-fill the hole when he does all of his work.

Do really like this set-up though since it'll be totally out of sight until I lower the ash tray down! I don't smoke so don't need an ashtray or lighter anyhow & the center console/jump seat we went with has a 12V outlet already I can use for whatever I need.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #759
my4by2

Here's a "real world" shot of the driver's door power window switch I showed earlier. Keven's got them wired up now & the windows are working too!
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #760
my4by2

Like I said, most of Keven's time was spent working on the cab wiring & get it finalized for the most part. All the ends have their respective ends attached now so when it's time to install components it'll be a "plug & play" deal.

He also go the wiring run for the new overhead console as well & you can see the Power BRaid wrap on it too!
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #761
my4by2

Last but not least another shot of some of the work on the firewall with the new wiper motor & some of the wiring.

Short week with the Thanksgiving holiday & all like I said, but with any luck they'll get back on it pretty good next week now that it's moving!!! Keven's taking this build personally & he's constantly pushing to have them let him work on it!!! That doesn't always work as time has shown, but it is nice to know that he's as into it as I am!

Mario's supposed to be picking up the fuel tank sometime soon so he can get it painted/coated so they can install it & plumb it up with the Mast fuel system kit. Hoping we can get it running in the very near future!!! Will post a video of that when the day finally comes!

The intake shipping got pushed back until the 1st of December , so until that comes in we're still dead in the water with the intake tubing & valve cover install. All those items & the new intake will most likely get powder coated (it'll still look close to bare aluminum) together to match & be protected & should look really good over the stock appearance too!!!

Once all that's done, we can finally move forward with the cover plate for the air box that we designed a while back - and I can't wait to see that all finished & installed!!!

Stay tuned for more updated next week with any luck & I appreciate everyone that reads my thread & comments on it!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #762
rocking chevy

looks great.
rocking chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #763
my4by2

Thumbs up Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Well, thankfully the intake kit arrived at the shop today!!! They're going to start working on getting it installed for mock-up so they can finish the intake plumbing since this inlet sits higher than the stock one.

Not going to be powder coating everything until we tear it all back down for Mario to paint the motor & stuff.

Think this is going to look so KILLER when I pop the hood for people!!!!
Attached Images

D60 + 14-bolt FF w/ Eaton posi + disc brakes
Skyjacker 2.5" full spring lift w/ Nitro shocks
Custom paint + interior
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=435722
Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #764
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Man that thing looks better sitting out of the box for sure! Congrats on finally getting it!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #765
y5mgisi
Second Chance Program

Progress is progress! Glad to see you got that intake! Looks awesome!
y5mgisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #766
rocking chevy

thats gona be badass!!
rocking chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #767
324matt

I am in love with your truck. Reading your posts makes me happy!
Posted via Mobile Device
324matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #768
my4by2

Appreciate that! Posting them makes me happy - when I have things to post from the shop that is!!! More to come I'm sure!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #769
my4by2

Here's a side-by-side iPhone shot of the new intake & the valve covers from Mast we are going to use.

They're already fairly close in color, but since we have to do something with the intake tubing anyway we'll get them all powder coated & matched.

Want it to be a color that as closely matches a bare aluminum appearance as possible to follow the theme I've got going on under the hood!

Once Mario gets a hold of the motor & paints the rest of it (along with some other components under there) it's gonna look AMAZING!!!

This will also make them last a lot longer & not get that crappy look that aluminum intakes & stuff tend to get over time...
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #770
kikkegek

whoot whoot!
kikkegek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #771
my4by2

Uggg.... It's always something!

The fuel rails that came with the new Holley intake require several changes. First off, the stock EV6 injectors on my engine won't work - to tall... So we're sourcing the correct EV1 injectors from a local injector shop, so that shouldn't slow things down much.

In addition to this we have to install all new fittings & hoses in the back between the rails as the original set-up was basically factory style, so those all need to come in to.

The coil relocation kit with the Mast valve covers required a shorter plug wire, so those are on order.

Keven's working on the ATI balancer installation & going to go ahead and change out the oil & filter with the stuff Mast recommends for breaking-in their engines.

NO ONE involved with this project has been fond of the Street & Performance headers that I went with originally & that are on the engine now... He sent me a few options that they all agree on & think I am going with the one from Kooks.

The website shows it with a cross-over & single exit, but have told him that I want to have true-duals with preferably an X-style cross-over if we can fit it, but may end up being an H-pipe set-up if space is limiting.

All of the exhaust will be fabricated with band-style clamps rather than the cheaper & leak prone styles out there...

Also need to go with a different oil dipstick so we're going to get one from Lokar in black to go with the fuel rails.

This all started as such a simple plan - my how it's ballooned...
Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 AM   #772
my4by2

Oh yes & I forgot to mention that Keven also dropped off the fuel tank to Mario so he can do his part on it. Hopefully that'll get done pretty quickly so they can install it & finish plumbing the fuel system finally!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 AM   #773
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4by2 View Post
Oh yes & I forgot to mention that Keven also dropped off the fuel tank to Mario so he can do his part on it. Hopefully that'll get done pretty quickly so they can install it & finish plumbing the fuel system finally!!!
4 steps back, one step forward, right?

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #774
my4by2

Seems to be that way anyway... Needless to say it's turning into an expensive week overall!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #775
my4by2

Ok, so after hours of research on Keven's end - going back & forth with Holley, Mast & F.A.S.T. we think we have the injector issue all sorted out!!! He's ordered new Bosch injectors from Holley, but as they are the older style EV1's we need for the intake he had to order new pigtails from F.A.S.T. to connect it to my engine harness...

The injectors are special order, so they'll take about 12 days or so to get to shop - therefore all that's on-hold until they arrive! He test fit the stock throttle body & it looks like it'll fit on there Ok - was worried we'd need an adapter or something, but thankfully no.

He managed to get the headers ordered from Kooks - luckily they sell just the headers so we don't get a Y-pipe assembly we don't need! There's are full length, so it'll be a bit of a change from the mid-lengths I had on it before.

Guess I'll sell the S&P headers & the 3-pc engine cover kit with the other 6.0L motor we have.

Hopefully more pics soon!