The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #876
Bomp

Re: Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA"

Wow and double WOW
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #877
jlsanborn

What a cool touch to the roof! This thing is flying together man. You're working your tail off.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #878
mooseknuckles

Yep...Gary sure does nice work!
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 AM   #879
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown06 View Post
Good idea and it looks great.
thanks man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Wow and double WOW
LOL, I appreciate that !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
What a cool touch to the roof! This thing is flying together man. You're working your tail off.
We are trying !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
Yep...Gary sure does nice work!
that he does !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #880
oldman3

Hey Mike, roof mod looks great. With 78,000 + views more that a few are watching this build. Everyone doing a great job..Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #881
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Hey Mike, roof mod looks great. With 78,000 + views more that a few are watching this build. Everyone doing a great job..Jim
LOL, thanks Jim ! I guess a few are watching just not much interaction, probably my fault I just don't have the time to be on here as much lately checking out all the other builds.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #882
idreama300

Subscribed. Amazing build!
idreama300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #883
jlsanborn

This place is going to blow up during assembly Mike. And that motor will for sure get a little attention. You're innovating, not following. It's cool as hell.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #884
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Mike

She is looking really good. I like your idea for the hood to help with air flow.
Keep it up!

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #885
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by idreama300 View Post
Subscribed. Amazing build!
Thanks man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
This place is going to blow up during assembly Mike. And that motor will for sure get a little attention. You're innovating, not following. It's cool as hell.
I appreciate that ! I cant wait to see it start coming together !
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Mike

She is looking really good. I like your idea for the hood to help with air flow.
Keep it up!
I want to make sure she stays cool !
Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #886
LT1 Burb

Unbelievable, that will be a killer truck, love the detail, wheels, motor etc etc etc.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #887
watahyahknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
I want to make sure she stays cool !
if it still gets hotter than normal you could have someone punch louvres intoo the hood near the windshield (i know i know you just have the valance smoothed and now you might need to punch more intoo them again)
that should create a bit more flow through the enginebay
maibe you can make a airgap between the valance and the windshield and hide the wipers under it as whell , should do the same thing but isnt as obvious

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #888
es67chevy

I'm not sure how I missed this build, Mike. You may want to add it to your signature for those looking at your other builds.

I'm back following it now though. Wow!! This thing is going to be awesome!!! It was nice getting to run through all 36 pages in one day. Made the build go really fast. Haha! Now, your challenge is to do at least 2 pages a day....And go!!!!!

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #889
knomadd

That's a cool mod for the roof. Makes you wonder why GM didn't do that in the first place. The bed is looking good too.

With 36 pages on this thread, and just getting to primer stages, I'd say you have quite a few people commenting. Maybe not quite like cloud9 or square peg, but still a lot more traffic than most threads. Also, with everyone posting more to instagram lately, I'm thinking the forum doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. Definitely not as much posting of pics happening lately.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #890
Delmo

BoooooYaaaa!
Old 08-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #891
Kyle@FTP

I think I have said it before but I love the wheels! and although its lacking turbos, its still a awesome build! I cant wait to see it in Nov.
Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #892
watahyahknow

wouldve gone for turbo's too
there quieter because the exhaust passes through them before the mufflers and not so hard on engineparts (cranksnout and bearings)
the show and shine part of a compressormotor is awesome though and the screaming broooooap--brop-brop----brop sound of a compressormotor makes the truck get noticed as mush as trying to immitate tarzan swinging trough the trees with his cloth on fire in the middle of a classic pianoconcert for sure
motorheads want to take a peek under the hood of the truck
since youre showing off / trying to sell youre innerfenders that engine is a good choice in youre case

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 08-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #893
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Burb View Post
Unbelievable, that will be a killer truck, love the detail, wheels, motor etc etc etc.
LOL..thanks man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
if it still gets hotter than normal you could have someone punch louvres intoo the hood near the windshield (i know i know you just have the valance smoothed and now you might need to punch more intoo them again)
that should create a bit more flow through the enginebay
maibe you can make a airgap between the valance and the windshield and hide the wipers under it as whell , should do the same thing but isnt as obvious
hmmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by es67chevy View Post
I'm not sure how I missed this build, Mike. You may want to add it to your signature for those looking at your other builds.

I'm back following it now though. Wow!! This thing is going to be awesome!!! It was nice getting to run through all 36 pages in one day. Made the build go really fast. Haha! Now, your challenge is to do at least 2 pages a day....And go!!!!!
LOL, I need to figure out how to add it ! I have technical difficulties !
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
That's a cool mod for the roof. Makes you wonder why GM didn't do that in the first place. The bed is looking good too.

With 36 pages on this thread, and just getting to primer stages, I'd say you have quite a few people commenting. Maybe not quite like cloud9 or square peg, but still a lot more traffic than most threads. Also, with everyone posting more to instagram lately, I'm thinking the forum doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. Definitely not as much posting of pics happening lately.
True, true ! Thanks for following alon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmo View Post
BoooooYaaaa!
LOL, Thanks Del !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP View Post
I think I have said it before but I love the wheels! and although its lacking turbos, its still a awesome build! I cant wait to see it in Nov.
Thanks man, I am pretty stoked about the wheels and the Magnuson....shes still got forced air ! LOL
Quote:
wouldve gone for turbo's too
there quieter because the exhaust passes through them before the mufflers and not so hard on engineparts (cranksnout and bearings)
the show and shine part of a compressormotor is awesome though and the screaming broooooap--brop-brop----brop sound of a compressormotor makes the truck get noticed as mush as trying to immitate tarzan swinging trough the trees with his cloth on fire in the middle of a classic pianoconcert for sure
motorheads want to take a peek under the hood of the truck
since youre showing off / trying to sell youre innerfenders that engine is a good choice in youre case
You know really it ended up being about "looks" for me, I couldn't build the clean uncluttered engine compartments that I like if I added the turbos . I think the Magnuson and MAST motorsports combo followed up by the TCI 4L80e and the Currie 9 inch pushing about 800hp will do everything I want I to do, PLUS A LOT MORE !
Old 08-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #894
Johns66

Very nice build, I see you are from Siloam Springs I went to school there.
Johns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:10 PM   #895
watahyahknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
You know really it ended up being about "looks" for me, I couldn't build the clean uncluttered engine compartments that I like if I added the turbos . I think the Magnuson and MAST motorsports combo followed up by the TCI 4L80e and the Currie 9 inch pushing about 800hp will do everything I want I to do, PLUS A LOT MORE !
i'm trying to get 600 hp from my setup (4.0 inline 6 jaguar 24 valve with a turbo) i might be able to get more but i think thats about the max i could use on the street have an impressive accelleration and keep everything behind the engine from tearing apart without trowing major bucks intoo making it bulletproof (jaguar XJR version of the 4L80E and a "stock" truck version of a ford 9 inch)
i prolly still be changing parts and lowering the boost up to the point where stuff stops breaking

you can make a turbosetup look clean in a truck......i'm going to go that route
you wouldnt see mush of the turbo('s) wish on a show car kindah defeats the purpose
the engine i have will go intoo a 1978 c10 and the turbo will go right behind the cab under the bedfloor or under the cab in the fueltank hump
i will have the charge piping going intoo the intake from below
and have regulair exhaust system showing under the hood , a 3 intoo 2 intoo one and then a 45 degree turn round to regtangle merge intoo the turbo
the wastegate be sitting there too sticking straight out the 45 degree bend going around the turbo intoo the rest of the exhaust

on a v8 you would use a carb style intake with injectors a big 4 hole trottlebody and a big aircleaner you could hide most of the plumbing under there

the only extra stuff you will need with a midmount setup is longer oillines to the turbo and a scavengepump to get the turbo oil back intoo the engine wish can put the oil intoo one of the valvecovers breatherholes

Last edited by watahyahknow; 08-25-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #896
JJ's Sierra Grande

we are all still here and watching you're doing such a damn fine job I guess we don't figure you need much advice. But with the hours you're putting in on this beast I think we can all agree a little encouragement might be nice now and then so keep on rockin it!
and for those that want even more pics check him out on instagram, he posts a lot over there too. come to think of it. how the heck does he get any work done with all this posting?
JJ's Sierra Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #897
67cheby
67cheby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns66 View Post
Very nice build, I see you are from Siloam Springs I went to school there.
small world, what year did you graduate ?
Quote:
i'm trying to get 600 hp from my setup (4.0 inline 6 jaguar 24 valve with a turbo) i might be able to get more but i think thats about the max i could use on the street have an impressive accelleration and keep everything behind the engine from tearing apart without trowing major bucks intoo making it bulletproof (jaguar XJR version of the 4L80E and a "stock" truck version of a ford 9 inch)
i prolly still be changing parts and lowering the boost up to the point where stuff stops breaking

you can make a turbosetup look clean in a truck......i'm going to go that route
you wouldnt see mush of the turbo('s) wish on a show car kindah defeats the purpose
the engine i have will go intoo a 1978 c10 and the turbo will go right behind the cab under the bedfloor or under the cab in the fueltank hump
i will have the charge piping going intoo the intake from below
and have regulair exhaust system showing under the hood , a 3 intoo 2 intoo one and then a 45 degree turn round to regtangle merge intoo the turbo
the wastegate be sitting there too sticking straight out the 45 degree bend going around the turbo intoo the rest of the exhaust

on a v8 you would use a carb style intake with injectors a big 4 hole trottlebody and a big aircleaner you could hide most of the plumbing under there

the only extra stuff you will need with a midmount setup is longer oillines to the turbo and a scavengepump to get the turbo oil back intoo the engine wish can put the oil intoo one of the valvecovers breatherholes
Great ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ's Sierra Grande View Post
we are all still here and watching you're doing such a damn fine job I guess we don't figure you need much advice. But with the hours you're putting in on this beast I think we can all agree a little encouragement might be nice now and then so keep on rockin it!
and for those that want even more pics check him out on instagram, he posts a lot over there too. come to think of it. how the heck does he get any work done with all this posting?
LOL, luckily my day job 6 days a week 10 hours a day is car sales so I have a lot of free time at my desk ! Thanks Man !
Old 08-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #898
67cheby
67cheby

Let me introduce you to Frankenstand ! I wanted a stand that I could completely assemble my motor and trans on and paint it all together. I found this old cart sticking out of a top of a dumpster last Sunday and cut it up and made it into this. I still need to add 2 gussets to the trans support and then she will be ready for my real MAST Motorsports engine and TCI Transmission !
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #899
watahyahknow

so you can still make this intoo a flatpack ?
i wanted to make an engine teststand (to run the engine and trans on)
going to use a engine stand i bought a while back and never used

and planned to adapt it with the same type of engine trans suport you made
i hope i can keep it foldable as i whont be using the stand mush after im done with this engine

Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #900
62step

Very nice stand.. Have any extras lol. I'm looking to make something like that too. Looks good, keep up the good work
62step is offline   Reply With Quote