The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
whatnow123

Just bought a project 67

Hey Everyone,

THIS IS NOW MY BUILD THREAD!!

Been mostly a lurker on here as I don't have much in advise just yet, not to mention I didn't know what project car I wanted to get started with, but this forum helped my decision when I was told about this truck. Anyway, I bought a 67 project from a friend of a friend of a friend that had it sitting a warehouse for who knows how long and needed it out of there. Last registered in 02. Had it towed to the house as it wasn't running. Anyway, after crawling all over my new purchase, here is what I got. It's a 67 regular window, drivers rocker is rusted along with the seam of the floorboard, but that's about all I can really find that is a big issue. Body is pretty strait, doors are very solid and it has a 66 stepside bed which I just realized this weekend?? Sliding rear window, 5 15x8 chrome "old school" type of wheels all 6 lug, okay tires, lowered springs all the way around, drop spindles, vented and drilled front disks, power brake conversion and a complete moog front end kit that is in boxes in the bed of the truck, tie rods, bushings, ball joints, some heavy rods that I don't know the name of everything is there it looks like, including a front sway bar kit, rebuilt power steering box along with a pump, brackets and hoses. The shocks were put on with the springs, spindles and rear adjustable pan hard bar at some previous time. I've even got the paperwork for the kit.

Under the hood is 350 (by the numbers), 1.94 heads, elbrock manifold, Carter 750 double pumper, electronic distributor, electric fuel pump, unknown headers and it all appears to be a low mileage rebuild along with what again appears to be fresh rebuilt 700R trans shifted by a B&M Ratchet shifter and 12 bolt non posi rear.

I spent the weekend fixing the exhaust, drained the fluids, figuring out the hacked up wiring, so I could get it started to see what I got. Once I got it figured out, it started right up and is an extremely healthy engine. I took her out for a quick spin around the neighborhood and this thing puts you right in the seat, I bent the gas tank behind the seat, it barks the tires shifting into second so it definitely has some power and sort of shift kit.

Anyway, just wanted to share. It felt good to turn a wrench again. I've been contemplating some sort of a project for a while now as I missed my 70 340 duster that I built in high school, so this is it.
Attached Images

Last edited by whatnow123; 10-16-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: changing to build thread
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote