The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #76
tucker69

Re: Tucker69 "Project No-Name"

Well it was time to start on the bed, I didn't think I was going to find much cancer here. But once it was taken apart and closer inspection and I little blasting. It was time for the MIG & cutoff wheel.....

tucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #77
tucker69

Well I got a little more bed repair done over the weekend. Done some sandblasting, some patchs put in & some POR-15 treatment. I also got my drive shaft painted and installed which led to another issue. The original center crossmember was going to come in contact with the driveshaft with a load in the bed or hitting bump...etc..... so I just cut the top of the crossmember and will fabricate a taller bolt in strap for safety, this will allow me to gain about 1 1/2" of clearance.. I will post updates soon. I also just placed a couple of "LMC" & "MAR-K" orders. Thanks and GOD Bless....Casey
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #78
tucker69

I TOOK A LITTLE BREAK FROM ALL THE RUST REPAIR TO INSTALL MY NEW INTAKE, INJECTORS AND FUEL RAILS, HERES A COUPLE PICS, I RAN OUT OF TIME BUT YOU GET THE IDEA....

Old 02-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #79
mooseknuckles

sweet intake! I don't know why you're shouting tho..
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #80
tucker69

Shouting about what???? What you talking about? Heck, like everybody tells me.. I am not happy if i'm not gripping.. Ha. Ha.. Casey
Old 02-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #81
Csbrock8811

Smile Re: Tucker69 "Project No-Name"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker69 View Post
Shouting about what???? What you talking about? Heck, like everybody tells me.. I am not happy if i'm not gripping.. Ha. Ha.. Casey
I think he is talking about the fact that you use capital letters in just about every post. In Internet speak capital letters mean yelling. Not a big deal, m dad does it all the time. Anyways if you want to turn that off, there should be a button on the left side marked "CAP LOCKS." Most keyboards have a light on the right side with the same markings. If it's lit, that means call lock is on.

On another note, I like your build and I am subscribing. Keep up the good work.
Csbrock8811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #82
tucker69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csbrock8811 View Post
I think he is talking about the fact that you use capital letters in just about every post. In Internet speak capital letters mean yelling. Not a big deal, m dad does it all the time. Anyways if you want to turn that off, there should be a button on the left side marked "CAP LOCKS." Most keyboards have a light on the right side with the same markings. If it's lit, that means call lock is on.

On another note, I like your build and I am subscribing. Keep up the good work.
Oh... See you taught this old fart something.. As I stated early on in my build, I am new to this interstellar technology, I am learning as I go. I don't use the internet very much, I have never facebooked, skyped or any of those things. So again, if I am insulting, unnerving or insulting anyone...please forgive me it is not intentional. Thanks for your helping me with my shortcomings... Casey
Old 02-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #83
tucker69

I decided to go ahead and install a electric cooling fan setup while I had apart with intake installation. I decided to go with the fan setup off of 1998 Dodge Intrepid. I had seen several guys on this forum running this setup. I toke some measurements and felt it would work well. The only fabrication needed was to make some brackets to hold the fan/shroud to the radiator. Here is a couple of pics...

Old 02-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #84
tucker69

If you notice in the last picture I have the pcm mounted on the d/s of the core support. this had been my plan, I was going to run the harness over the back of the d/s inner fender and under the cab and up the back of the bell housing. from there I would have all harness connections. Trying to have as little amount of harness clutter out of the engine bay. Well, would not work to my satisfaction. some of the harness was too short, some way too long. Since this was not going to work to my satisfaction I decided to mount the "pcm" inside the cab along the trans tunnel. I found my location for my hole in firewall for the harness to pass thru, I removed all of the tape & conduit from harness si I could separate the individual harness runs. this way I could pull ant excess wire thru the firewall and would also be able to see which legs were to short. I did not finish this prior to my weekend running out of time. I will be headed for a swap meet in Decatur, Tx. this weekend so that's all on the truck for a couple weeks. I will update when I have some more to report. Casey
Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #85
tucker69

well I got a little harness destruction done Sunday after etting home from the Decatur swap meet. Heres a couple of pics, look what I got myself into.....

but no worries, I don't mind electrical work..
Old 03-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #86
tucker69

Sorry its been a bit since updates. we got pounded with about 20 inches of rain this past week and had lots of flooding. I came out alright but, lots of others didn't. I made more progress than the few pics will show. I will get some more catchup pics this weekend and get yall up to date. Thanks, Casey

You will notice in this picture the shiney area on the firewall. This was a square cut-out for the factory harness/block to pass thru. I had no need since I was using a different harness/fusebox. so I welded this hole up. There will be a few other holes in the firewall I will fill when I take the truck back apart for final painting and assembly....

Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #87
tucker69

I will try to get everyone caught up to date. I finished my harness and got pcm somewhat located where I want it to live. also have the cooling fans working the way I wanted. so I started on my steering column. I purchased the "retro" unit from Iditit. This is the column "Rob @ No Limit" uses with their rack & pinion suspensions.Here is a couple pics of my progress..... The shaft is not angled or as close as it appears..

Old 04-06-2016, 06:02 PM   #88
tucker69

next I started adapting a gas pedal to my floor, I started with my donor truck pedal assembly and after cutting/welding/bending and much look & relook I was somewhat pleased with outcome.....

Next I was on to the cable bracket at the intake. due to the height of the FAST intake it made so the cable was to short to reach throttle body, so I fabricated the bracket to free up some slack with the factory accel. cable. once all was done the gas pedal worked the throttle.....

Old 04-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #89
tucker69

Next I began mock-up of seat brackets for the seats I chose to use fro now. here is a pic of mock-up....

This is the shifter I decided on. this was one of the few shifters that are designed to work with the 4l80 transmission(without modifications to shifter) It is made by "Winters". I chose the one designed to use with a console. I will adapt this into my console I will fabricate later on....

That's all for now, will keep ya'll posted as I make progress. Thanks for your kind words and hope you enjoy... GOD BLESS, casey
Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #90
tucker69

Let me fill ya'll in on this weekends progress, finished seat brackets, installed shifter, installed rr disc brakes, bleed brake system, installed door handles, installed tail gate and most importantlt, took her out for her first shake down since 1986. Here is a couple pics of my progress this past weekend....

These are the rr disc conversion brackets made by "CaptainFab", may I add this is the 2 purchase I have made from him and his products are excellent. Fit is perfect. Everything went together as it should. Product was shipped when he said it would and arrived well boxed and was even vacuum sealed with all nuts/bolts....

Here they are complete with "Astro AWD rotors"

Old 04-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #91
tucker69

Let me take a moment to praise where it is deserved. as mentioned earlier I purchased a complete suspension kit from Rob@NoLimit Engineering. I cannot say enough good things about Rob and all the folks working with him. In 35 years and over 20 vehicles I have never had a product give me as much pleasure and perform above my expectations as this suspensions has. From the time I placed the order until the last time I phoned with a question, they have always handled my issue with speed and professionalism. On one occasion, one of the techs even stayed late on a Friday to help me with an issue I was having with my steering column. Keep in mind that most of these issues were my fault, either my mistake on a lack of knowledge on my part( I have never installed a complete suspension overhaul such as this). In the end the truck rode great, handled like a corvette with no vibrations or rattles. Isnt that what we all are wanting(a Playboy bunny that can cook, for a wife) Maybe that's not a good analogy, but you get the picture. My hats off to Rob and all his crew.. Thanks, Casey
Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #92
Pinky6872

Looking good. Nice work!

Instagram @chrispinkosky
Pinky6872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #93
tucker69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky6872 View Post
Looking good. Nice work!
Thanks Pinky, Been a long year but its getting closer, least I can go bark a tire to bloe off a little steam in between sanding...Ha Ha....Casey
Old 04-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #94
Blown06

Man you're kicking it, I wish my progress was coming along as quick as yours. Seeing that LS sitting in there sure makes me want one in mine. Keep at it and keep the updates coming.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #95
tucker69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown06 View Post
Man you're kicking it, I wish my progress was coming along as quick as yours. Seeing that LS sitting in there sure makes me want one in mine. Keep at it and keep the updates coming.
Thanks buddy, Man that 1st test drive made the long weekends for the last year all worth it. And we won't even talk about the $money$..... Casey
Old 04-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #96
tucker69

Finally purchased new throttle body, heres a side x side. Big difference when looked at them like this.... Casey

Old 04-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #97
tucker69

It's time for a few updates. I was able to fabricate/adapt a cold air kit from a later model Silverado/suburban for my air intake... heres a couple pics...

I also installed my side markers, grille & headlights... Starting to look like a truck again.....

Old 05-31-2016, 03:02 PM   #98
tucker69

Well its been a while since any updates. even though she's not completely back together I have been putting a few miles on her. Giving her a shake down run(as they say). Man I love this suspension. I have a few issues to address that I have found. I am ready to order my wheel/tires but I need to bring my front ride height up before measuring. I jusr got some different front springs from "No Limit". hoping these will give me enough inner fender clearance as well as get me the rake I am looking for. More on that as I get a chance to install springs. I ordered my gage cluster from Summit. Its a Dakota Digital set-up. Install went easy enough and set-up was simple. I am really pleased with the outcome. here is a couple pics of finished installation of gages.....

Pictures don't do gages justice. really nice.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:13 PM   #99
tucker69

Also got my bed wood kit from "MAR-K". I went with the oak wood and the hidden fasteners on stainless strips....

while I was on the bed floor I started on my mini tubs. I had already had the tubs fabricated, si it was just a matter of cutting bedsides & first 2 bed boards....

you can see in this picture I have already cut the angle strips and spot welded in place....

bed boards with 1st coat of stain.. I am staining, sealing & marine varnish...

Old 06-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #100
tucker69

I haven't been on here for a few weeks, thought I would update some....
I finished my bed floor, heres a shot or two...

Next I finished up my fuel filler assembly, still not sure about the chrome cover.....