The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #76
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

At; my age everything pisses me off. but 2 that happened last night .
Why can't people who drive compact car park between the line and take up 2 spaces ?
Out here we have many parking lots that have spaces marked for Compact cars ,you guessed it all the compacts take the full size spaces so larger vehicles have to squeeze in some tiny spot.
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Bill72BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:52 PM   #77
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed455
Nah, I stab the brakes real good just for a second. Just enough for the front end of my vehicle to dive slightly while my brake lights come on, but not enough to really slow much. the idea is NOT to cause an acident but to make them go, "Oh Crap!" and jump on their brakes. Then as you continue on, they know that they were ticking you off and they stay away from you. Usually it gets me the, "You're number one" sign (strangely, tailgaters always use the wrong finger for "number 1"), but they get the heck off my butt.

If that doesn't work, I slow down till they get irritated and go around me, then I resume my previous speed.

Ed
if you are in a front wheel drive car, grab the e-brake real quick. no break lights. no loss of momentum, just alot of noise and tire smoke. that really freaks pepole out

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #78
inline6Bill
A classic GM kinda guy

My Pet Peeves:

Those people who have to give you THEIR opinion on what is wrong with the way you did something to your vehicle. Hey a$$hole, this is my vehicle, not yours !!!

Cell phones in vehicles. I knew a deputy sherriff who would give people a careless driving warning or ticket for cell phone in the ear, depending on their attitude.

Parts store "flunkies" who have no knowledge about the vehicle in question telling me I do not know what I am talking about, even when I have the old part in my hands.

Aftermarket major manufacturer headers that are supposed to fit your application and need to have tubes dented, tubes extremely close to starters, oil filters, oil pans, extremely difficult plug access, and are a b*tch to install. And people wonder why I build my own headers anymore !!!!

Mexicans who only speak Spanish and expect you to speak Spanish to them in the United States. Either learn to speak English or swim back !!!!

Low performance drivers. You know these as the ones who turn into parking lots at millimeter per century speeds in front of you, go 20 MPH under the speed limit, have reaction times that can be measured on a sun dial, and are a general PITA to drive around.

Idiot cops that give you a seat belt violation ticket because your pickup does not have shoulder belts. I've beat to many of these morons in court, and not one of them can describe the operation of the stock belts in these pickups.

I could go on, but this pretty much covers the vehicle ones.

"If you can find a better vehicle, buy it" Lee Iacocca, Chrysler commercials of the '80s.
"I did. They are called Classic GM pickups !!!"
inline6Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:11 PM   #79
Budweis
Geared for Collision

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68w/sbc406
if you are in a front wheel drive car, grab the e-brake real quick. no break lights. no loss of momentum, just alot of noise and tire smoke. that really freaks pepole out

someone does that to me id floor it and smash into them as hard as i could then pull them out of car and finish them off. how do you know they not having a crisis or something happening in their family and thats why they are rushing. thats a good way to get someone killed and just uncalled for. geez just stick arm out window and wave them around. there is no one here gonna tell me they havent tailgated someone at one point in their life. i dont tailgate as rule of thumb but im guilty few times when was having some serious problems and had to get somewhere quick.
1977 Corvette Coupe
Budweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 AM   #80
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Here's mine.

First, since I put a lot a miles on my truck each year, I happen to be on the highways, byways, toll roads, and freeways a lot. Most happen to be two lanes each way. I usually set my cruise at 6-8 MPH over the posted speed limit. I really hate it when a truck that is speed regulated to 65MPH tries to pass a truck regulated to 62MPH. It can take 10 minutes, while he is holding up traffic trying to do the posted 70MPH or above. JMO, and no offence to the hard working truck drivers getting out goods to market
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #81
jimfulco

Oh yeah, the 18-wheelers who wait until you're almost up with them going 15mph faster up a hill, & they pull in front of you to pass another vehicle, but can't. Or don't.

Or the people who park all the way to the left in a parking space, & then gripe when I park all the way to the right in my space so I can open my door without denting somebody else's car on my left.
jimfulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #82
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweis
someone does that to me id floor it and smash into them as hard as i could then pull them out of car and finish them off. how do you know they not having a crisis or something happening in their family and thats why they are rushing. thats a good way to get someone killed and just uncalled for. geez just stick arm out window and wave them around. there is no one here gonna tell me they havent tailgated someone at one point in their life. i dont tailgate as rule of thumb but im guilty few times when was having some serious problems and had to get somewhere quick.
I only smash the brakes when it is just me and them on the highway. I don't mind tailgaiting too much when it is rush hour traffic, but at 2am on a 6 lane highway (3 each way). There is NO reason to ride my a$$ when there is plenty of room to go around.
I usually start off by seeing just how bad they like to tailgait (some people can't drive any other way it seems). I'll speed up, if they match my speed I'll then slow down real slow, if they are still matching my speed I'll change lanes. If they are STILL behind me (and this has happened many times) I will do one of two things.
1. If I've no where to be or I feel like wasting some time, I'll slam on the brakes hard enough to leave four seperate mile long strips of rubber. They'll either hit me or avoid me.
2. I'll jerk it over a lane real fast and slam on the brakes FORCING them to pass me. They usually appear very angry that I'm not going to let them ride my bumper anymore.

Oh, and people that think they can take up multiple parking spaces to avoid somebody "scratching" their car. I don't mind when they do it in the back of the parking lot, it's when they do it up front. Or god forbid, when they do it in a full parking lot. I've often wanted to just hit them with my beast.... err... truck... until they are in a single parking space. So much for not getting a ding or scratch then eh?

Todd

Last edited by toddtheodd; 08-28-2004 at 08:27 AM.
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #83
ed455
Captain Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68w/sbc406
Nah, that might get someone killed. Tailgaters are a nuisance, but I don't want to jeopardize their life.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #84
krue
Designated A-hole!

[QUOTE=jimfulco]Oh yeah, the 18-wheelers who wait until you're almost up with them going 15mph faster up a hill, & they pull in front of you to pass another vehicle, but can't. Or don't.
QUOTE]Yeah, but it doesn't take you 15 or 20 minutes to get back up to speed. I know it sucks, but that's why they do it.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 02:29 PM   #85
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Went recreational junk-yarding yesterday for my seatbelts. Yard would not let me bring in any parts to match. Left driver side outside the fence. Found passenger side, matched them through fence. Paid for new belts.... ....left drivers side there. My pet peave is being an IDIOT!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #86
sneakysnake
It's a catastrophic success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cst
when people dont use their blinkers
On the same note, people that drive dark colored or grey cars and will NOT turn on their head LIGHTS in the pouring down rain,fog or after the sun has set.
sneakysnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:39 PM   #87
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Without a doubt, stripping a bolt hole.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #88
shortymac83
hmm...

One time, I jacked up one of the cars and pulled the wheel, then I was sitting there working on the front brakes when my sister walks up and jumps on the front of the car. It shifted the jack, making it drop like 2". I almost peed myself on that one. anyway, it was a real PITA because I had to put the wheel back on, lower it, and jack it back up again so that it would seat properly again.

www.fcrperformance.com - wanna go...faster? talk to FCR.

shortymac83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #89
raggedjim

Going to the junkyard on a Saturday (when it is drizzling) and getting all the bolts out of a 68 front grill and radiator surround, EXCEPT for one of the radiator support bolts, which is a carriage bolt and it won't come out because the square thing in the bottom keeps turning around and you can't get vise grips on it and you don't have a torch with you, but you can't stop because you already paid for the part and the owner left an hour ago... Then it starts really raining and I finally got it, but my truck gets stuck so I have to raid all the cars for floormats to try to get out...I REALLY need an oxy/ace kit... How was your weekend?

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #90
raggedjim

Oh, I had a '72 Duster with a 440 I used to drag race a little and I had a switch wired up to turn on the brake lights without hitting the brakes (for some reason if I could get the holeshot, I NEVER lost a race...) That might be useful for tailgaters...

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:30 PM   #91
GMC71k20

vette guys. not all but the gold chainers at bloomington gold who trademarked the word survivor
GMC71k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:34 PM   #92
Ogier
Chopper/Painter

Exclamation

Going into the local parts shop to get a short snout water pump for a chevy smallblock and the lame-a$$ rude biatch behind the counter wants to know all the info about the car.

When they get to the "year" question, I generally tell them to pick one...

Ogier

1969 Chevrolet C20 - Resto-Custom started!!!
Ogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #93
gmc67swb

Changing plugs and dropping the plug or socket,it hits the header and somehow manages to go where the four pipes merge into the collector. You can see it but there's nothing skinny enough to get it out. As a matter of fact, I have a plug there now reminding me it's there every time I'm at an idle and I let out the clutch.(rattling like crazy)
Old 10-25-2004, 05:22 PM   #94
bean

250!

What bugs me is when I go into the local auto parts and tell them and need something for my 250. Then the snot nosed little punk behind the counter tells me I actually mean 350. How long have you been out of diapers kid!
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:42 PM   #95
ryanroo

RPMs
it stands for revolutions per minute. adding the s makes it plural revolutions per minutes makes no sense. trivial, but it has always bugged me
ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:41 PM   #96
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

I didn't read the whole thread

I hate it when people stand and watch you do something that obviously would be 10x easier with just one more hand,but they are just too good to lend one out for a minute.GEEEZ! GO HOME!

I ain't too good to get dirty,and if you're in my shop,chances are you won't be clean long
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:42 PM   #97
COBALT

I've learned to hate people living in my neighborhood. I've also discovered the City of Seattle is one giant pet peave.

I live on a busy street in Seattle. The day we got home with our new baby on 9/16 I found temporary 24/7 no parking signs in front of my house (and all the way up and down both sides of the street) and a flier taped to my front door. According to the flier the city was going to do some road work on our street.

At first I thought "well, I guess they'll be tearing this all up...", but later I found out they're only working on a small area two blocks up! Whoever set the signs out got a little over zealous, and now they refuse to remove them.

I can't park in front of my own house now. NO WORK IS EVEN BEING DONE IN FRONT OF OUR DAMN HOUSE! There's just big diamond shape signs warning driver's the lane will get narrow where I would normally park my truck or my car.

Already we've been towed once while I was in the house working on the tile in my bathroom. I managed to park our car in one place where there wasn't a no parking sign. Unfortunately the city decided to enforce the normal parking restrictions (which doesn't make sense since the lane isn't even useful to drive in any more with all the construction signs), and decide to tow our car. It cost me $200 to get my car out of the impound, and THEN I got to pay the city's parking ticket that was stuck on the windshield.

The city also warned that our driveways may get blocked without warning. The other day it happened. Some fat-ass in his work truck for the city parks in front of our driveway, leaves his truck running, and walks up the street to smoke a cigarette while he talks to the guy with the STOP/SLOW sign. I almost blew a gasket. We had to go somewhere, so I found myself walking up the street to this jackass to tell him to move his truck. He said he parked there because the signs were in the way. Jesus...his guys put them there.

So, since all this construction is going on they're using flaggers because they only have 1 through lane. So now I have a line of cars in front of my house a football field long for most of the afternoons just sitting there waiting for their turn. Silly morons who have nothing else to do but stare into my picture window at me and my wife trying to enjoy our evenings, blare their stereos, and pound on their horns because traffic isn't moving. To make matters worse cars have been vandalized, and some silly SOB likes to run up and down the street at 3:00 am and knock all of the signs into the street. I've caught him once, and threatened to beat him with one of the signs, so now he plays commando, and doesn't do it directy in front of my house.

My truck has been backed into. The driver's side mirror got ripped off. Garbage routinely gets thrown into the back, and garbage gets thrown in my front yard, but this has all gotten 100 times worse since the construction began...

All this and we have a newborn baby, and I'm trying to get the remodel on our house done...
Seattle, WA.

Last edited by COBALT; 10-25-2004 at 07:44 PM.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #98
cableguy0

i would go out one night take every sign off the street and put em somewhere else. will take em a while to figure it out and if you move all of em its not obvious who did it. most of those guys are lazy jackasses anyways
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:05 PM   #99
purple gas

D. All of the above.
purple gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:12 PM   #100
Peregrine

Ooo, I got some. The people who stop when merging on surface streets (like around main interestions on busy roads) You don't stop, you just go. Then they tell me that it's easier to get across the lanes when you see a hole. Make a hole when you're going 35 just like everyone else. I like it to when they decide there may be an opening so the let off the brake, roll a little, stop in the middle of a lane, starting going about 15 mph and all I want to do is pass the punk. (it's nice having some power cause I usually see holes really quick and can jump up to speed, get in line and block the SOB that was making me and the 20 cars behind me mad.) If I can get a 20 -footish truck across 3 lanes of traffic within a quarter mile you can do it in your civic. And people who dart in and out of traffic, almost cause 15 accidents and then I end up passing them a mile down the road because they are stuck behind a U-haul or something. You can go fast and not dart around like a dumbass.

Let the world change you and you will change the world.

Last edited by Peregrine; 10-25-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote