The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #76
ortegamotor

Re: Long bed Values Vs Short bed Value

I have to tell you guys , I follow the market on these trucks very closely , and I have to tell you that long beds are quickly catching up short beds in value. Over the last couple of years i've noticed a shift in the willingness for people to purchase long beds over shorts bed. With all these show on TV and the idea that it's cool to think out side the short bed. It has open a whole new market for me. I've sold at least 5 long beds in the last two years and I have to tell you. The price keeps going up for each truck. I remember back in the day when you went to look at a LB truck all you had to say to the guy was "too bad it's not a short bed" and the advantage was on your side. But now with people buying these old long beds and returning them back to stock or mild custom. People are seeing the value of the long bed and the price I'm buying for now and the price I sell them for now has gone up across the board.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #77
Joe Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortegamotor View Post
I have to tell you guys , I follow the market on these trucks very closely , and I have to tell you that long beds are quickly catching up short beds in value. Over the last couple of years i've noticed a shift in the willingness for people to purchase long beds over shorts bed. With all these show on TV and the idea that it's cool to think out side the short bed. It has open a whole new market for me. I've sold at least 5 long beds in the last two years and I have to tell you. The price keeps going up for each truck. I remember back in the day when you went to look at a LB truck all you had to say to the guy was "too bad it's not a short bed" and the advantage was on your side. But now with people buying these old long beds and returning them back to stock or mild custom. People are seeing the value of the long bed and the price I'm buying for now and the price I sell them for now has gone up across the board.
I think you have of long beds to sell? JK
You may have a point...........thats why No tatoo's will be comming back
I don; have any with the hopes the no tatoo look will be comming back....now if that is true..........you Inked people are screwed!
Joe Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #78
hamjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prematuregrey View Post
Dam man did that thing take part in the Salt River project or what? That poor truck needs some touch up paint.
but it's got a nice gas cap.................
Old 12-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #79
litew8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjet View Post
but it's got a nice gas cap.................
It sure does. Looks original made in U.S.A. like mine