The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #76
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Re: Life advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCHEVYUP View Post
....With guys; it's all in timing! But with women; if you can find one that loves you for who you are; and doesn't try to change you; Grab on tight and hang on; cause they are rare indeed. But they do exist. I found one!
I agree with all that. But for some reason it reminds me of Jack Handy quote, not sure which one, but it does...
Old 12-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #77
Moneypit

IMHO, any girl who calls herself hoodrat is not worth getting your truck dirty over, sorry if that sounds cold it's just my $.02
2006 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
2012 Ram 1500 4x4
Moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #78
racerman85

even better... next time go pick her up, then let her wash the truck next morning

my dad always tells me "If she doesnt respect something that means that much to you, then think about when its going to be like when you have a REAL problem"

Good luck, man. nice truck, by the way.
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #79
Dick Dale
Excelsior, You Fathead.

Sounds like a head case and not worth the hassle. Find a better girl.
Dick Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #80
71chevylowrider

I didn't see any pictures of her boyfriends cool truck on her myspace page, so dump her!

Last edited by 71chevylowrider; 12-22-2006 at 05:57 PM.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:28 PM   #81
69TowRig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed70 View Post
But on the other hand. She loves me, and....I tolerate her because she puts out.
Well at least you are honest about it.

Quote:
When her and I first got together I put it out there exactly who I was. I work over 60 hours a week 6 or 7 days a week, I still live with my parents so I can afford to go to school, my truck is all I have so Im NOT gonna do anything to put it in harms way, and when I come home Im so tired I dont do anything but sit on front of the TV or play video games, Im poor so I wont be able to get you everything you want.
But you said she....?

Quote:
After meeting her parents I told her how happy I was she drove because I will NOT drive my truck down dirt roads.
I bet that visit went well!

Quote:
But since she lost her job, its like....she just gave up. She hasnt even been out looking for a new job, she spends most of her time at her friends mooching off her parents. Then she just expects me to come pick her up when ever she wants to see me.
But you said she....?

Quote:
And she cant move in with me because I still live with my parents....that and my parents dont like her.
Do you wonder why yet?

All kidding aside. If you have to ask you already know the answer.
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:28 AM   #82
kyle4381

Keep the truck clean and start looking for a new chick.. Nice truck.. here is a pic of my girl and my trucks, she respects my rides. There are plenty of girls that can deal with respecting your ride. Good Luck..
Attached Images

kyle4381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:51 AM   #83
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Look Man, After seeing her and reading her BIO all I can say is GET OUT NOW before she gets pregnant. That one thing in the questions she answered: "would you kill someone" she answered "YEA" to is scarey. If she doesn't take the breakup out on you she seems like the type of person to take it out on your truck. You need to brake up with her and then you and your truck need to go on an extended vacation somewhere.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 AM   #84
ghetto_superman

GET a GIRL THAT RESPECTS YOU AND YOUR DECISIONS!!!! NUFF SAID!!
Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #85
bowtiedude

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wack job, nut case, screwball, succubus. As a matter of fact look up succubus in the dictionary. Her picture there is a much better picture than her myspace picture.
'69 K20 Chevy 406 4spd
'70 K10 Chevy 355 4spd 6 inch lift
'70 C-20 (son's truck) originally 292 4spd now a 350 4spd

Hey I didn't even want to until you told me I couldn't !

Last edited by bowtiedude; 12-24-2006 at 06:20 AM.
bowtiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:04 AM   #86
sjarrett71

OMG!!!!! kyle4381, you are my hero!!
Old 12-24-2006, 10:07 AM   #87
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

well if you are going to stay with her,,you might as well seel the truck and get a mini van,,will save you the heart ache of having your truck longer than you need it...no piece of tail is worth the sacrafice of your truck..and you can pick up a gurl somewhere who will like you for you..to me,,she is sitting at home while your working your butt off,,waiting for you to pick her up to spend your hard earned money on her..if you stay with her,,she never gonna change..been there done that.. ersonally,,your to young to worry about gurls,,get an education, pick up a little strange every now and them,,fix up your truck..and if ya get her knocked your,,your education is goign to go on hold,,just like you will need to sell truck to buy a family car
Old 12-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #88
gehidore
I wish; I wish I where a fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamm2ed70 View Post
But on the other hand. She loves me, and....I tolerate her because she puts out
I stopped reading there.

You and Her both need to find new people, since the only reason you're with her is she 'puts out'. You can find that nonsense anywhere so find it elsewhere and get it over with. Otherwise you're saying the above to be macho and you really do care for her.
So it should be a simple decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69TowRig View Post
If you have to ask you already know the answer.
My final statement: Respect it's someting that is earned, not demanded, not even given freely. Twist that how you will. I'm simply saying that the children of <the> generation don't seem to understand respect, It's only getting worse.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #89
Sweet72

Like others have said DUMP her wannabe ghetto butt on the curb, and YOU should take some time to mature before entering a serious relationship. 'Then find a NICE gal who cares about you and not her stupid, slutty self. You asked for opinions, and your getting plenty...
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #90
SCOTI

Quote:
..... Its our 6 month anniversary today and she calls me at work wanting to know if I could come pic her up....its a special occasion so I aggreed(this was around noon or so) but when it came up on 6 and time to leave....its raining like a monsoon. So I called her and told her Im NOT gonna drive my truck down a muddy effin dirt road to come get her.

Now shes all mad and says "You obviously love your truck more then me" then she just hung up.
I'm not sure why some reactions here are sooooo harsh w/all the name calling but I can give you a small piece of advise.

Quietly & politely let her know you're both too young to be serious & then walk away. No need to be harsh.....

If someone intentionally hangs up on you in the middle of a conversation, it's a basic lack of respect. It may not seem like a big deal now & merely be just a peeve..... but years down the road you'll be in a similar scenario where she's gonna hang-up on you again, only this time there will be much more time invested in the relationship, & you're going to hear that click on the other end & say to yourself..... "I should have ended it the 1st time she did that".

I wouldn't drive any of my trucks down a dirt road either if it could be avoided. I would not drive down a muddy, dirt road period. Give her gas money if you must get together when it's rainy outside.

And..... please protect yourself & your future: wear protection until you're married & want to have kids.

Kyle4381: Very beautiful significant other.... and very photogenic!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 12-24-2006 at 05:19 PM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #91
turbochevy

www.realdoll.com
Old 12-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #92
Slammed70

Im gonna be joining the NAVY here before long.....Ill break it off then.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #93
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

That is a good thing to do. Until you get in, I think it would be wise to rap that rascal until you leave so your freedom stays that way and you will be able to enjoy all the differant places in the world that you can see when in the military. I really don't think she would be a good mother to any child at this time. She needs to grow up alot.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #94
Sweet72

Quote:
Im gonna be joining the NAVY here before long.....Ill break it off then.
Dude, I was Navy, go Airforce! I know I'm gonna catch alot of flak from the Swabbies on here for saying that...
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #95
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

WOW, The Navy!, Hope that is really what you want. Those enlistments are 6 years now and they CAN lead to some great things. Just make sure that you are ready for the change. That truck will spend a lot of time in storage somewhere. As for Her, I am not going to tell you what to do, but I am betting that if you go away, she will go elsewhere without you. It appears that she is preeently into herself and you may impact that picture.

I was in the Navy, back in the Vietnam years and it was totally different world than now. Now you can almost make a living, then you didn't make much and money was a serious thing, The Air Force will keep our feet on the ground and NOT at sea. The cruises are not just a short trip out and back into the same port everytime. Depending on what you get assigned to, you will be out for MONTHS, and in some cases hardly see daylight for days or months. However, if you go for a Nuke position, then the income from working outside the NAVY is good really good. Electronics is a good job. also.

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-25-2006 at 12:18 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #96
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

go navy....and if you get on a carrier,,that damn thing dont know what peir side is..it is always out even when at home so the pilots can trian...orther than that,,it was great..i wished the hell i had stayed in,,would be 18 yrs in feb..damn i could have retired..oh well guess i got to do it the hard way..good luck...
Old 12-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #97
timcos
Chief Honcho In Charge

I was in the Navy for 12 years...submarines...79-91.

Good times. My brother is still in the Navy...Senior Chief Sonar Tech at Trident Training Facility in Bangor WA.

1992 1500 4x4 Shortbed
1984 Ford F250 Supercab Longbed 6.9L Diesel
1972 K10 Cheyenne Super Fleetside Short Bed - 350 - A/C
1971 VW SuperBeetle
1960 Wife
1984 Son
1986 Son
1989 Son

Previous Trucks
1967 C10 SWB (1980-1981)
1971 C10 LWB (1998-2004)
timcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #98
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

I spent 5 out of the six years that I was in, on Carriers. I was on two different ones. In that time I did three 8 month Wespac cruises (Phillipines, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia, and Kenya), remember things have changed a lot. There were great things to see, but the days at sea compared to the time at home made me desire my discharge from the Navy, all the more. I happily ran as fast as I could when I got out. I work with a lot Ex-navy guys---mostly Nukes that agree with me. But that is the result of the nuclear field. We make so much more now, that we would never consider a return to that world again. The NAVY, truly can open doors for you and let you go to a lot of places while doing it. The problem is that it gets lonely doing it. If you are single, that lends to the freedom. If you take on a family during this time, then you tend to worry about simple things that can ruin a marrage and your future.

Member in Good Standing of the "TONKIN BAY YACHT CLUB".

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-25-2006 at 01:19 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #99
texas69truck

if your girl wieghs any where near the wieght of your truck i would def. pick the truck. The truck is sexier anyways!
texas69truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #100
guy51usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill View Post
Drop here like a rock, find a girl on a paved road, with a career not a job.
Preferably, college educated who can pay her own way and both your and her way 50% of the time. Elsewise, you will be paying out for everything as long as you are with her.
Amen
guy51usa is offline   Reply With Quote