The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 AM   #76
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Re: I finally found my 67 SWB!!!

Aren't we testy! Have I made an enemy now?

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #77
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops Trucks View Post
Have I made an enemy now?
Nah, you seem like an alright guy to me. ...Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #78
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I like your Blazer, nice stance.

"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 11-16-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #79
BraveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Elk View Post
Big wheels don't do anything for me on any older vehicle except remind me of our local gang bangers and rap wannabes.

I resent that remark.

yours truly,

P. Whacky Hang Dog Diggy Joe Funk
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #80
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Not saying what to do,but reacting to a couple comments.I`m not a bone stock guy either.But,just because you`re too young to appreciate something doesn`t make it ok to butcher to be trendy.Classic is forever.Trends...well we know about those.No one wants side pipes,10" rims up front,and skateboard tires anymore.But that stuff was reversible.Don`t you hate finding a truck or a nice cab with a sunroof?They were the rage!You hack up a frame,it`s committed.Many states won`t even register those.You have to understand there are people who have loved these trucks since day 1 before some of you were born and it`s hard to see a generation come along and choose our favorites as a canvas for their trend.
A car like that `69 Camaro does nothing for me and if anyone took a rarer high-optioned Camaro,like this `67 is to trucks,and did that they would definately devalue the car and narrow who would want it.That paint scheme is about dated already.It all comes back to what the core of what the vehicle is in the long run.Keeping it moderate is what lasts or can be changed back.

That was a high optioned x11 car and he had that paint long before everyone else. You would sure hate to see what he did with the #'s matching factory air 66 vette
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2659577

Last edited by jkade; 11-16-2007 at 08:20 AM.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #81
Gray Ghost

Funny name ya got there Brave one!

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 11-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #82
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
That was a high optioned x11 car and he had that paint long before everyone else. You would sure hate to see what he did with the #'s matching factory air 66 vette
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2659577
I didn't know that one belonged to your old man (I've been drooling over those pics for a few weeks now). Very cool indeed.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #83
Frizzle Fry

Raguemoe, do it with as much taste as your 55 and I guarantee you'll have MORE people giving you props than telling you "you shouldn't have..."
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #84
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I didn't know that one belonged to your old man (I've been drooling over those pics for a few weeks now). Very cool indeed.
Yes, that is the old man's car. It is about 98% done, it will be out in full force pis$ing off corvette purist next year.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #85
SCOTI

Quote:
Yes, that is the old man's car. It is about 98% done, it will be out in full force pis$ing off corvette purist next year.
Go man..... go! Give me a heads up when you have the 'after' pics posted somewhere.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #86
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Go man..... go! Give me a heads up when you have the 'after' pics posted somewhere.
Will do, he just likes a little nit picky stuff. Sorry for the thread hijack
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #87
c10addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Why is everyone assuming bagging means cutting? I thought you could essentially replace the stock springs with bags?

I actually rode in my first bagged truck ever on Monday. A feller at work has a "Slammed" 2000 S-10, but it was very tastefully done. Very nice truck. The bags rode "different." They felt kinda stiff (the rear bounced a lot.)
Quote:
I have to disagree, that is bulls@^t. It all depends on the quality of work and finding the right buyer. Not everyone that is into old cars like them bone stock. I would have paid $5000 to $10000 more for my blazer if it already had air ride, genIII motor, and big wheels. My old man sold the 69 camaro below for $70K now do you think it would have bought that if it was a bone stock "all original", I don't think so. Too each his own and the days of "all original" are getting a little less all the time in my opinion because more classic car and truck guys are getting younger and younger.
Attachment 314100

On the first quote.... My airbagged truck rides better than it did when it was lowered with springs... all depends on the set up and how much air you need to get to ride height..

As far as the second quote..... It all depends on the car that you want to cut up! I think these trucks pull more money bagged and "cut up" than stock... Show me stock 67 to 72s pulling $30 grand... There are a bunch bagged and done up pulling this kind of money... Now on the otherhand my family owns a stock Plymouth Superbird... This car would be worth less "cut up" to most people wanting to buy one...

I
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #88
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

I think this goes to personal taste, all the points are valid thats been said. I was never a ''big wheel'' guy but 17''-18'' in certain styles look great on these trucks. Then $$$ is the factor also. I've seen stock trucks over 20k. Jerry Brown in Crossville Tn. does some the best restos in the country and gets big money for 'em. Then just look at some of the awesome builds here and at G/guys and SC shows etc. I'm not gonna slam a guy for buildin the way he wants.May offfer a idea or opinion but not slam. This truck would be a gem either way. I've read comments that I'm sure wasn't meant to be nasty, and some that was. But as long as everyone kisses and makes up alls well in "Chevy Land '' LOL!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #89
Raguemoe

Photo shop by blukangoo Same wheels with 4/6 drop!!!
Attached Images

Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #90
Raguemoe

All tree!
Attached Images

Raguemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #91
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #92
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I does look sharp lowered!

"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #93
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post

. ..................:hit2:.....:happy:
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #94
stepside66

I say bag it and and drive it most eople dont know that you can bag the front of these trucks without cutting anything up a simple shockwave setup bolts in to the a arms in the stock locations and you can 4 link and use the stock mounting holes and put it back original if you want to get rid of it. If he does want to cut the frame up guess what its not like there are no more SWB 67-72 trucks out there its a simple bag a wheel job on a classic chevy truck that is a dime a dozen and can be found all over.
I dont ever recall him saying he was removing the motor and the AC and all the interior.
stepside66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #95
special-K
Special Order

I hear all this about it can be put back.No it can`t.It`s only original once.Bags are one thing and I used my first bags on a truck I had in the 1st 1/2 of the `90s,but I didn`t hack the frame.Sure,you could "repair" a c-notch back to original or "replace" the back half with stock,but that`s an altered frame still,even back to stock.You can relpace the bed floor that was hacked with a new one,too.Like I said,I don`t leave them stock.I`m nowhere near a purist.
Some will cringe at this.I built a tubbed-out pro street short stepside once.I started with a rustfree`70 CST/20 Stepside from Texas with big block,air,original faded paint.I cut off the back frame and tubbed it.I cut-down the bed to a shortbed.Took the 402 out and dropped a crate LS6 in.I figured why use a shortbed frame when I`m cutting it off anyway.And,shortening a Stepside bed was easy.It was the cheapest way to go,as well.I didn`t pay nearly what I would have for a simular shortbed.It didn`t need to be a big block,either.But,I have several trucks and that was a bonus for one of those.The TH400 came out to be replaced by a race-prepped Powerglide.It was a leaf rear truck with a Dana60.I had that narrowed and used Mark Williams 5-lug axles and discs and went with 4-llink/coil overs.
I`d prolly think twice about that now.But,I looked at that truck and saw what I wanted in it and it worked out like I wanted it to.It just made sense.
Like I said,not telling anyone what to do.I guess I`m just one the guys that has been in these trucks all these years and feel I am in a position to give some perspective to the younger and newer enthusiasts.Seeing mention that Raguemoe was younger than these trucks is what brought on my need to express,I guess.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-17-2007 at 12:48 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #96
orange72c10

I think that it will look awesome bagged and with your intro wheels, I applaude you for doing what YOU want to do
orange72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #97
Angelse68cal
Cochino_Racing_909

Hey RAG I have been reading all this Until any of these old guys put some money in your pocket You do with it as you please They didnt pay the note on it!!! So I would just sit back and And listen to all this non sense. If that truck has been painted seats been recovered Any Bolt been broken Loose since the factory put it together ........ This all said Being if it has never been touched with a wrench for things other than just General maintenance then its not all Original..... Dude I sell Impalas and have sold quite a few and these are questions that are asked buy Big Money buyers. Original to them means just that original UN touched.

So all that being said Do with it as you please..... Seems to me it looks like you know what the hell you are doing when you touch a car anyway.
Angelse68cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #98
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

awesome looking truck man. can't wait to see it bagged.

as for the ride comments, i can't speak for a 2000 S-10, but these old C-10's ride like a dream when bagged with sway bars.

bags all around with drop spindles and a bolt in c-notch will give you a great, daily drivable stance.

btw, that vette is bad a$$ ! You and your dad have a thing for shinny black paint, and they all look awesome.

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 11-18-2007 at 12:19 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #99
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Arrow Re: I finally found my 67 SWB!!!

all this lowering and customizing on these is fun , I am guilty of it myself in the past when I was younger , all this stuff is a fad and will dissapear , the big wheel's , the lowering spring's , I remember in the early 80's guy's would cut the fender's out on corvette's and put those cool FENDER FLARES on and paint a multi colored metalic color's ! you would be HUNG FROM A TALL TREE FOR THAT NOW !

right now put a nice clean unaltered 1972 short fleet super with buddy bucket's and tach with all the trim BONE STOCK up against all the lowered truck's in the world and it will sell faster and for more money ,
for a custom to bring any money it has to be FRIKIN AWESOME ! and it won't sell for the cost of the part's it took to build it ,

one of the moderator's on the Barrett Jackson auction was watching a modified vehicle cross the block and he said (QUOTE)

SOMEONE SURE SPENT A LOT OF MONEY TO DEVALUE THAT VEHICLE !

Last edited by 19673ontree; 06-21-2009 at 12:22 PM.
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #100
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguemoe View Post
That's funny, I don't think my 55 looks "ghetto" bagged on some nice wheels. If everyone was into the same stuff it would kind of suck don't you think!!

No....your '55 does look getto!!! I mean come on....the wheels stick out....I bet the tires rub......the paint it super faded......Is that primer????? The bumpers are all dented up......I can see where your CB antenna feel off last week.....this thing really needs some help!!! Oh yeah....the stance is all jacked-up too! What, do you "tough truck" this on the weekends???? LMAO

prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote