The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM   #76
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: People who try to buy your truck

If you drive a neat ol car or truck people are gonna gawk and maybe even give you a thumbs up, people are gonna say they had one just like it, some people are gonna complain it pollutes or takes up precious resources, some people are going to want to buy, most couldn't afford it lol. Its all part of what goes along with our hobby.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #77
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
If you drive a neat ol car or truck people are gonna gawk and maybe even give you a thumbs up, people are gonna say they had one just like it, some people are gonna complain it pollutes or takes up precious resources, some people are going to want to buy, most couldn't afford it lol. Its all part of what goes along with our hobby.
That's one I haven't run into yet.

I would just tell them to pack sand...and that I "recycled" it, and that it runs on renewable E85 ethanol.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #78
firedemon

I get the people who tell me I need to paint it or the ones that want to buy it for a grand . both very annoying but I have had a nice older guy tell me all about the one he had .
firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #79
NGN

After I said it wasn't for sale, he immediately offered fifteen thousand. I though for a sec thinking well if he does have the cash as he says, its a good offer, then my eleven year old said its not for sale and I was brought back to reality.
NGN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 PM   #80
steveo3318

Had a really nasty obese guy and his obese wife follow me into autozone one day and whipped up beside me in a lifted two wheel drive 90's model Chevy that was barely running. His first words was I will give you 15000 for it! I said hell you ain't got 1500. He rolled out of the truck kinda like he was going to do something until he seen my smith and Wesson 357 on the seat as he walked up to the passenger side. He politely smiles and says your right and nice truck. He left pretty quick. I laughed pretty good.

I really hate the insulting offers as if the truck was given to me or I never turned a wrench on it. I tell everyone now it's not for sell with a pretty convincing voice and laugh.
4/6 drop with riddler 20x8 and 20x10
1957 S5T Leslie Supertyfon train horns and EMD bell
"No bolt left unturned"
steveo3318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #81
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
That's one I haven't run into yet.

I would just tell them to pack sand...and that I "recycled" it, and that it runs on renewable E85 ethanol.
If you lived in the Seattle area you will hear stuff like this ... wont say anymore because it just gets political from here
Old 02-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #82
j_cst_10

Bunch of hippies
j_cst_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #83
Grumpy old man

I just tell them "When you have a fist FULL of green wrinkly $100.00 bills come see me "
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #84
deadshort52

[QUOTE= some people are gonna complain it pollutes or takes up precious resources, .[/QUOTE]

I would simply tell the yogurt, sprout eating character that this is actually a hybrid.... It burns tires and gas!
deadshort52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #85
leddzepp

One million dollars...that's my price. I've been offered 40K and turned it down. Why? 40K will not even put one of my kids through college or allow me to retire any earlier. If you want my truck, you will need to offer me a life-changing amount of money

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #86
In The Ten Ring

double post
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #87
In The Ten Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo3318 View Post
Had a really nasty obese guy and his obese wife follow me into autozone one day and whipped up beside me in a lifted two wheel drive 90's model Chevy that was barely running. His first words was I will give you 15000 for it! I said hell you ain't got 1500. He rolled out of the truck kinda like he was going to do something until he seen my smith and Wesson 357 on the seat as he walked up to the passenger side. He politely smiles and says your right and nice truck. He left pretty quick. I laughed pretty good.

I really hate the insulting offers as if the truck was given to me or I never turned a wrench on it. I tell everyone now it's not for sell with a pretty convincing voice and laugh.
Try open carry sometime. Everybody is polite.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #88
DBK81

If I want something, I'm not afraid to ask someone to sell it to me, and I don't get offended if someone asks me the same, I at most times know what I own is worth to me, and if someone is willing to pay that or more, then sometimes things get sold. Hell, I pesterd a guy to sell me his house for a year and a half, he finally gave me a price, I said yes, sold my house and moved in two months later. You just never know.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #89
n33k0

I politely decline any offers to buy my truck before they can come up with a number. I'm afraid they will offer a small amount and make me realize I paid too much when I bought the truck, or even worse, offer a large amount and convince me to sell!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #90
dirtyjim

the way I see it is if I don't have a for sale sign on it you need to at least offer me enough to buy or build one that's in a little better condition. when I first bought my truck it was kinda rough but still would sell for $3-4K in my area. I got a lot of $2500 offers
Old 02-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #91
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

When asked I say not for sale.
If left a note I toss it.
ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #92
joeydurango

Two days ago, I had an older gentleman tell me that my K10 was "the best lookin' truck in town", and then offer to trade his '85 Buick Riviera for it. I just had to smile and politely decline, didn't seem right to laugh at him because he was so earnest...
1976 Trans Am | 455/4-spd | TOTALED
joeydurango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:11 PM   #93
dirtyjim

a couple weeks ago I came home and there was a note in my mailbox with a guys name and number saying he wanted to buy my truck and he had cash. tossed the note because it ain't for sale. a couple of days ago i'm in my front yard right before dark and the guy pulls in my driveway and gets out of his truck. I walk up to the gate to see what's going on and he says to me did you get my note? i'm going to buy that truck. so I told him no your not because it's not for sale. he tries to open my gate but its already locked, i'm getting annoyed now. when he tries to open the gate i say hey what do you think you're doing? he looks at me and says open the gate so i can look at it. now i'm really annoyed and tell him to get back in his truck and get off my property and if you return i'll have you arrested for trespassing. i snapped a pic of him and his truck when he was leaving just for insurance.

i did have a funny one about a year ago at my nephews house. i had been over there in my 67 a few times and he had told one of his friends i was going to buy another car soon. his friend thought he meant i was going to sell my 67 and buy another car. he sees my truck there and comes over drunk trying to trade me a mid 90's grand am and $1000 for my truck. even after telling him at least two dozen times i was keeping the truck and buying another car he was sure that was going to convince me to trade
Old 03-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #94
Sklptrljay

I had a guy slam on the brakes in front of my house when I had the garage door open. He made a decent offer of 20,000, but that ain't gonna do it. Doesn't bother me though, it's just an inanimate object. I'd sell anything I own for the right price.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #95
RINC

When asked to sell any of mine, I give some stupid high price. Usually turns them off.

I do enjoy the stories I hear from people though when they are looking them over.

'69 C-20
'04 Jeep TJ
RINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #96
Sklptrljay

Love the Uncle Jesse avatar!

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #97
Security guy

I had a '72 driver that I was trying to sell for around $9k.. it was a good truck, decent, but but not a show truck.. Had a guy really interested in it, so I told him about it and he came and looked at it. Once he got there, he looked it over and decided that it needed new doors...and a new bed... and a new cab.. and new motor... and new front clip... I asked him if you're going to do all that, why don't you just build a truck the way you want it instead of buying a good driver like I got? That shut him up pretty quick. He said we're to far off on price and he left... it's a good thing too because I was getting pretty irritated at him.
Security guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #98
Rabe

That's how I plan on buying my next one,if I can't find anything I like that's for sale at the time. Some of you people need to chill out,and take it as a huge compliment that somebody likes your truck enough to actually approach you and want to buy it!
Rabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:14 AM   #99
long67

Well Rabe, better be polite and prepared to PAY what its worth. Walkin around it nit picken everything might get you somethin you dont want.
96 mustang
11 dodge nitro
long67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 AM   #100
RedRoad

Have had many compliments on the K20 but the VW bus has been nuts the past 8 years or so. It always starts out the same

Dude: what year is it?

Me: What the "coffin"?. its a 63

Dude: coffin? (gleam of hope in their eyes)

Me: Yup, gettin buried in it.

Dude: (hopes dashed look on his face) come on, everything has its price

Me: well if you can beat the last offer its yours

Dude: what was it

Me: $42K

Dude: WHAT?! why didnt you take it?

Me: Because I cant replace it with one in the same condition for that much

Dude: people are crazy to be paying that much for an old bus

Me: Restored deluxes are going for $60-200K and rusted shells are $15-30 these days and I agree its ridiculous. Im glad to see someone has that kind of disposable income, wish it was me!

At that point it goes either way, we continue to talk about someone in their family that owned one and sold it cheap or gave it away or they walk away with that shocked look. Vary rarely is it a nice conversation without an offer to buy which I really appreciate.
Attached Images

RedRoad is offline   Reply With Quote