The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #76
bigyellow

Re: 71 c10, upgrades/rebuild-my first truck

So I got another steal today. I went to a local salvage yard looking for some parts for the dodge and found that he had a 67 cab and front clip. the front clip was rusty as usual but the passenger door was in really good solid shape. Has some surface rust but nothing through at all. has 4 mirror holes that need to be filled but it's straight and solid. Picked it up with all the internals for 50 dollars.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #77
bbadfred
bbadfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyellow View Post
some more pics =)

http://youtu.be/mYCJXFI1PBI

I sure like your choice of color, maybe lower it a lil bit?
Attached Images

bbadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #78
bigyellow

has a 3.5/5 drop now on 17" Torque thrusts now just haven't uploaded pics yet lol

good looking truck you got
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #79
bigyellow

LONG OVER DUE PICTURE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

here you guys go for your viewing pleasure. let me know what ya think.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #80
bigyellow

So, thinking about it i wish there were more places to find solid body parts in the south. I have been working on collecting some solid original sheet metal for me to use on my truck. so far I got a solid fairly straight bed, and a passenger side door. The last pieces i want to get are a core support, passenger fender, passenger inner fender, and a tailgate. Does anybody know of any junk yards in south carolina that has older vehicles?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #81
bigyellow

a couple pics of the daily driver all cleaned up
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #82
bigyellow

so still plugging away on gathering parts. next thing i'm going to get is all the cab patch panels. also still looking for a good passenger fender, passenger wheel well, core support, and tailgate. also going to get the cab,rad support/ bed cushion mounting kit from gmc pauls. i've got a good straight, mostly rust free bed, a great hood, and a great driver door.

gathering all the parts has been a battle to find solid original sheet metal that isn't crazy expensive, i am still on a pretty tight budget. but i just started a new better job so hopefully i'll start to see some more play money lol if my dodge/ girlfriend doesn't eat it all up. My fuel pump went out on the dodge...there goes another 400 dollars. but i am still working on it. just life has kind of been getting in the way.

anybody know of a cheap welder for sheetmetal?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #83
bigyellow

so i'm sitting here in my apartment thinking how much i miss driving the old girl. it's killing me knowing that it's just sitting there with all the new parts on her and not getting driven. it's not perfect by any means but i was thinking about putting 6 months of insurance back on and using her to cruise around in this summer. what you guys think??
Old 04-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #84
Outlaw86

Good looking truck man, just read through the thread as I saw your other post (New wheels, tires, and suspension!!!!) and figured I'd drop some support here for a fellow South Carolinian! I wish I'd gotten into these trucks a lot earlier than now.

As far as junkyards in SC go, theres a few near me I check almost weekly for interesting stuff, I have a lot of friends and family members with projects as well as try to save any rare/useful stuff in good shape from ending up trashed. The downside is a lot of places don't hold vehicles long before they shred them. I know a couple people who work at one close-by, so they call me when older chevy stuff comes in.

Theres one in the Quinby/Darlington area that used to have a lot of older vehicles and kept a lot of stuff around for a good length of time before crushing/shredding. I was going through my 3rd gen Camaro phase then and picked up tons of parts for my f-body out of there, I haven't been there in a couple years but Im sure it hasn't changed much.

And I say go for the insurance and enjoy the truck, these carolina summers are perfect for it.
Outlaw86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #85
bigyellow

I see ur location says 843, i just moved into myrtle beach and haven't been able to find a decent junkyard around here. and i think i will. it'll be my present to myself for graduating college lol. It could use a lil tune up from sitting for so long, and it needs a brake caliper. but nothing big i can get it going easy. i've taken that truck apart so many times that i could do it blindfolded lol. I've been craving cruisin' the main streets in myrtle beach.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #86
Outlaw86

The blvd is the place to be down there, not much better than cool summer nights, lots of nice cars and trucks everywhere. Im a little more inland, closer to Florence. I lived in Socastee/Myrtle for a while.

Closest one to you is Don's in Conway, right on 544. They actually have some decent stuff sometimes but they shred their stuff so fast you have to go pretty often. They have several junkyards throughout the state, the one I use the most is the one in Sellers.

http://www.donscarcrushing.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #87
creed1969

Hey man, enjoyed reading your thread! Nice truck. I bought my '69 when I was 15 (6 years ago) and have been working on it since. I'm also rockin the 250, but with 3 on the tree trans . Unfortunately the ol girl hasn't seen the open road since I tore her apart, and is still a pile of parts at home (3 hrs away). I'm optimistic to get on the road this summer though!

Still waiting for the snowdrifts to melt so I can roll it out of the garage one of these weekends

Matt. 16:26
'08 Sierra Reg Cab, shortbox - daily driver
'69 C10 LWB, 250, 3OTT - summer driver
'98 STi Type-R (JDM) <SOLD>
'97 WRX STi (JDM) <SOLD>
creed1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #88
bigyellow

thank god i don't live anywhere that cold. today was sunny and 85. since my old chevy is 5 hrs away i finally greased the ball joints on the dodge so it isn't sounding like it's going to fall apart lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #89
bigyellow

Dad is going to pick up some parts for me today!!!! I found both front fenders, inner fenders, and core support for 250. the core support has only minor rust damage and the same with the passenger inner fender. my entire front passenger side i have on the truck now is ate up with rust.

Now all i'm lacking is a good solid tailgate, passenger door and a few patch panels!

then...i get to tear the ol' girl apart
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #90
bigyellow

really excited about getting to get some work done on the truck. now the only big pieces i want to get are a good tailgate and a driver door and some patch panels for the cab. the fenders are solid as a rock and straight as an arrow. only needs a few molding holes filled in.

over the weekend i cleaned her up and took her out and raised a little hell in it as motivation to keep moving forward with the project. just sometimes seems like i'm not getting anywhere but then i take a big step forward.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #91
bigyellow

really excited about getting to get some work done on the truck. now the only big pieces i want to get are a good tailgate and a driver door and some patch panels for the cab. the fenders are solid as a rock and straight as an arrow. only needs a few molding holes filled in.

over the weekend i cleaned her up and took her out and raised a little hell in it as motivation to keep moving forward with the project. just sometimes seems like i'm not getting anywhere but then i take a big step forward.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #92
Outlaw86

If you've got the truck in myrtle, it'll be a good time to take'er out. Probably get a lot of looks and thumbs up from the bikers. Had my K5 at my buddy's tattoo shop on Seaboard this weekend and had tons of people come up and ask about it.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #93
bigyellow

no unfortunately the truck is still in the upstate. the money spent on the parts was going to rent a trailer to haul it down here. but it's alright. i feel tons better knowing i'm closer to having it the way i dream it to be.

kind of thinking about switching the color but i really do love the bright yellow on it. if i were to switch how do you think a dark metallic blue would look? maybe add some silver accents?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #94
bigyellow

on the 22nd/23rd i'll be taking my chevy for it's for long trip with the new transmission, rearend, suspension, and wheel/tires. kind of excited and kind of nervous to see how well it really does on the road. i have noticed that i either need to remove or trim the front bump stops a good bit, i hit a good sized pothole and could REALLLLY feel it through the whole truck
Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #95
bigyellow

some pics from my trip. i LOVE the t5 with 3:73s its so nice actually being able to do highway speeds. the suspension rides great with the exception that when i hit big bumps my front tires rub the inner fenders a bit. overall extremely happy
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #96
bigyellow

so i just got done washing/waxing the ol' girl =) then took her on a cruise. gotta love all the wooooo's ya get cruising the strip in something you built.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #97
splehigh

Nice! I need to find me a t-5. Do you know how many rpms at 75mph?
splehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #98
bigyellow

not exactly but it hums along nicely. i'd guess around 2700 rpms. just about perfect on the 250
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #99
bigyellow

next thing i want to replace is my old worn out steering box, the front end has a bit of wander/play to it. like once it gets out of the ruts of the road it feels like it's searching for new ones if that makes any sense.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #100
bigyellow

Cruise night!
Attached Images