The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #76
Fantom

Re: I lost everything to FIRE,,,,,

That's a great testimony.
Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #77
Bert W

I second that! Hang in there Big O!
Bert W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #78
DANTIP

I really can feel the legitimate compassion from these board members. My wife thinks I'm over the top with my truck-buddies, but I must say the friends and contacts I have made over the years on this board have enabled me to have fun with a hobby that is healthy in every way. I tell her "Believe me there are vices my healthy truck hobby can help me avoid". That's all she needs to hear!
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #79
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

This is the one and only internet thing that I have ever been involved with and it has not only helped me with my truck build it has helped me be a better human being...nuff said.

Now Donnie, how about that list...
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #80
TobyArnot
Quit if it's not FUN!!!

Quote:
Things happen for a reason! I stuggeled with posting this cause I know we all have different belives and I tottally respect all of your's but after reading alot of what my brother's here were saying in the post I felt lead to open up from my personal life and share! I hope this helps someone,s that out there and in pain from living the life that I was before all this.
I'm taking things 1 day at a time.
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes
Hey man, never be afraid to witness for the Lord. Too many people seem shy, even ashamed of their faith. I have overcome what seemed like major hurdles in my life. Looking back, most were just bumps in the road. Two things I always try to remember.
When the Lord closes one door, He will open others.
God never puts more on you than He gives you the strength to deal with.
Hang tough Donnie. You are loved and respected more than you know.
TobyArnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #81
CC69Rat

BigO - Reading over your comments I could see a lot of myself in there. There is absolutely no way I can say 'I feel your pain' but I too have experienced the pain of failed relationships and turning away from the truth. I was married twice before my current wife, lost one to drugs and the other to a 70-80hr week career choice (hers)

Life is short man. None of us are perfect. Please do not blame yourself for this (if you are) .. I kinda sense you feel somewhat responsible (??) Not sure but please man, keep your head up. The Lord is good in every way. It's all in his master plan. Everything happens for a reason.

There could be a bigger / better shop in the future (?) Who knows. The only thing you can do is just be the best person you can be, one day at a time. I'm not saying the only way you can be a good person is go to church every Sunday, not at all .. but just smile every now and then. I'm under the impression you have taken some major damage over the past couple months man. .. but at the end of the day, what matters most is your family. Your son knows what this means to you. He's right in your footsteps. Ask me how I know.. !! I'd follow my dad to the end of the Earth.

You gotta be strong for him. Hang in there. The trucks will come, new shops can be built. I know it stings to loose the memories, but how about your son? Take pictures every day, he'll need them for his shop one day.

God Bless you man..
Later.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #82
sir_talk_alot

guys, lets all see what we can contribute. from my understanding donnie lost his truck, but his sons was out for painting, it lost some stuff that wasnt on it in the fire. lets find out what was lost on his sons truck and see what we can come up with and ship it to him to get his boys truck going. least we can do, im 20, his son is 17, it'd kill me to lose my truck. not rushing donnie, but when you get everything straighted out with insurance and clean up and figure out what is needed let us, at least me know whats needed. ill see what i can come up with.
Posted via Mobile Device

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #83
splehigh

Thanks for sharing your testimony. Its real easy to go down the wrong path in life. I've been there. Glad you and your son are doing well.
splehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #84
flashed

Congrats Donnie, I think you just received a blessing after the fire .You will be alright now and you will have plenty of help .Still sorry about the fire but it may have saved your life.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #85
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

very sorry to hear about the fire
just remember if you lost a life in that fire,that would be worse
hope the insurance pays out for you
and gets you back in the shop asap
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #86
19Hoosierdaddies68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ORANGE View Post
I wasnt gonna go here in this matter but after reading all the replies and being moved by the out pouring of suport in so many different ways I must tell this lenthy story:
Back in the winter of 2003 I walk away from my faith, I went back to my old ways of sin. In 2007 I went through a divorce and in 2009 I met a lady that I thought was the love of my life. 2 1/2 yrs later that relationship ended at my request. Many months before the end of the relationship I was out cutting grass and talking to God, I ask him how would I ever make it back to the cross? I was in a sinfull relationship with a lady(not married) and I spent alot of time in my shop drinking and doing other things that I'm ashamed to say (sin) I loved my shop but not only was it where I built alot of trucks it was a place to drink alot and do other thing's! Well Dec. 4th my relationship ended and she moved out and just acouple weeks ago my shop burned to the ground while I was at work and my son was at school. And where am I going with this? Well let me wrap it up for you,,,,,
I found my self without any excusses now but I also found myself very lost and empty with out direction. I started talking to God again, well last Sat nite I got my cell number changed cause I wanted stop some of my past from contacting me, I sent my new number to a biker friend of mine that goes to a biker church. Sunday morning he replied that he got my new number and was praying for me and would like to invite me to church that morning! Well I took a look at what all was going on with me aswell as my son 17, so I ask my son if he wanted to go and he said YES that we needed that! I was supper supprised at that comment, so we got ready and went to the biker church where we were met with open arm,s! As the feller was doing announcements and taking prayer request I raised my hand and begin to ask for help in the form of prayer for myson and I, well after I started speaking I just broke down and began to weep and the next thing I new I found myself down in the floor crying out to God for forgiveness and I felt all these hands on my back and head alot of voice's crying out to God to bless me and my son also! After what seemed a life time but was only moments I arose to my feet and turn around and there was my son right behind me in the same shape as I was earlier and he to had ask God to forgive him also!!
Things happen for a reason! I stuggeled with posting this cause I know we all have different belives and I tottally respect all of your's but after reading alot of what my brother's here were saying in the post I felt lead to open up from my personal life and share! I hope this helps someone,s that out there and in pain from living the life that I was before all this.
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes
You brought me to tears my friend! I too have gone through failed relationships and luckily turned to God for support through the bad times. You and your faith are an inspiration, never be ashamed of that. Hang in there, this might just have been Gods way of saying you need a freash clean start, new shop, new friends, new life! I am almost happy for you because I feel you are in good hands.
19Hoosierdaddies68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #87
pat 70/71

Donnie, You have a well deserved clean slate. Your post inspired me and showed me that you will be fine. I wish you and yours all the best! cheers, Pat
pat 70/71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #88
DaBigKahuna

Quote:
I wasnt gonna go here in this matter but after reading all the replies and being moved by the out pouring of suport in so many different ways I must tell this lenthy story:
Back in the winter of 2003 I walk away from my faith, I went back to my old ways of sin. In 2007 I went through a divorce and in 2009 I met a lady that I thought was the love of my life. 2 1/2 yrs later that relationship ended at my request. Many months before the end of the relationship I was out cutting grass and talking to God, I ask him how would I ever make it back to the cross? I was in a sinfull relationship with a lady(not married) and I spent alot of time in my shop drinking and doing other things that I'm ashamed to say (sin) I loved my shop but not only was it where I built alot of trucks it was a place to drink alot and do other thing's! Well Dec. 4th my relationship ended and she moved out and just acouple weeks ago my shop burned to the ground while I was at work and my son was at school. And where am I going with this? Well let me wrap it up for you,,,,,
I found my self without any excusses now but I also found myself very lost and empty with out direction. I started talking to God again, well last Sat nite I got my cell number changed cause I wanted stop some of my past from contacting me, I sent my new number to a biker friend of mine that goes to a biker church. Sunday morning he replied that he got my new number and was praying for me and would like to invite me to church that morning! Well I took a look at what all was going on with me aswell as my son 17, so I ask my son if he wanted to go and he said YES that we needed that! I was supper supprised at that comment, so we got ready and went to the biker church where we were met with open arm,s! As the feller was doing announcements and taking prayer request I raised my hand and begin to ask for help in the form of prayer for myson and I, well after I started speaking I just broke down and began to weep and the next thing I new I found myself down in the floor crying out to God for forgiveness and I felt all these hands on my back and head alot of voice's crying out to God to bless me and my son also! After what seemed a life time but was only moments I arose to my feet and turn around and there was my son right behind me in the same shape as I was earlier and he to had ask God to forgive him also!!
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes
Awesome Testimony! Welcome back!
DaBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #89
DaBigKahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_talk_alot View Post
guys, lets all see what we can contribute. from my understanding donnie lost his truck, but his sons was out for painting, it lost some stuff that wasnt on it in the fire. lets find out what was lost on his sons truck and see what we can come up with and ship it to him to get his boys truck going. least we can do, im 20, his son is 17, it'd kill me to lose my truck. not rushing donnie, but when you get everything straighted out with insurance and clean up and figure out what is needed let us, at least me know whats needed. ill see what i can come up with.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't have much in the way of parts but if there's anything you need that I have, it's yours!
DaBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #90
LilD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_talk_alot View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Im in also. I dont have much for parts but have more tools than I will ever use
LilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #91
rkn463

Quote:
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes
Donnie, God bless you for sharing your testimony. He is always there to welcome us back with open arms.

-Richard
Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #92
VA72C10
VA72C10

Donnie....thanks for sharing that. I'll be praying for you and your son as you go forward with your lives.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #93
72 Super

Quote:
Sorry so long!
God bless
Donnie Snipes
Donnie,

God is always there for us although most of the time we don't really know how. It is situations like this that we finally see though. We all wish you and your son all the best from here on. God Bless you and your family.

Ray
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #94
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Great testimony Donny, and I really admire you for sharing it with everyone.

Here's a verse that really helped me when I was going through similar times.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’
I can testify His Word is true.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #95
Dunenutt
Newbee

Fire is one thing that scares me!

Even though mine turned out ok, it was a helpless feeling watching it burn (fuel line). I have always unplugged everything in the garage, disconnected the battery, and checked once more before bedtime. Having a gas water heater in there has always creeped me out! I may be moving it now!

Keep up the positive attitude, hope it all works out!
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #96
BIG ORANGE

Thanks again guy's. Havent had a day off since last sunday and Mr King wasnt gonna be home for Buck and I to go over and check on whats needed for the truck but hopefully we can this weekend. I will let ya know what we find out. I havent heard a word from the insurance company on the shop other than the adjuster came by Mon. and looked around. I'll keep you all posted on everything!
Donnie/Buck

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #97
bcutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
BigO - Reading over your comments I could see a lot of myself in there. There is absolutely no way I can say 'I feel your pain' but I too have experienced the pain of failed relationships and turning away from the truth. I was married twice before my current wife, lost one to drugs and the other to a 70-80hr week career choice (hers)

Life is short man. None of us are perfect. Please do not blame yourself for this (if you are) .. I kinda sense you feel somewhat responsible (??) Not sure but please man, keep your head up. The Lord is good in every way. It's all in his master plan. Everything happens for a reason.

There could be a bigger / better shop in the future (?) Who knows. The only thing you can do is just be the best person you can be, one day at a time. I'm not saying the only way you can be a good person is go to church every Sunday, not at all .. but just smile every now and then. I'm under the impression you have taken some major damage over the past couple months man. .. but at the end of the day, what matters most is your family. Your son knows what this means to you. He's right in your footsteps. Ask me how I know.. !! I'd follow my dad to the end of the Earth.

You gotta be strong for him. Hang in there. The trucks will come, new shops can be built. I know it stings to loose the memories, but how about your son? Take pictures every day, he'll need them for his shop one day.

God Bless you man..
Later.
Well said...Hang in there Donnie.

72 C10 SWB "Work in Progress"
bcutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #98
NGN

Big Orange- My son Jack who seen the pictures of your loss,wants to extend his sympathy. He's 7 1/2 years old. We each have a 67 to work on. Glad no one was hurt. Nick & son Jack.
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #99
Maxxd07

Hope all works out for you. This tragedy is one that we all really fear and its good to see you being positive through it all. Its also good to see that no one was injured.
Couple 70s
One 68
Maxxd07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #100
stomper

Quote:
...next thing I new I found myself down in the floor crying out to God for forgiveness and I felt all these hands on my back and head alot of voice's crying out ...
Donnie Snipes
^^^This is where I started to feel a lump in my throat. Men need to be around other men doing GOOD things - brotherhood, ministry, fellowship. Whatever you want to call it. I used to attend a men's group. Reading this may inspire me to return to it. Sounds like you're on the right path. Here's praying for you.

All the things you're hearing that sound stupid now like "It happened for a reason" or "It will get better." are true. God has a plan.