The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #76
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Re: Where did you find your truck?

'Mad Max' was posted on craig's as a 68 wrecker for $3800, wasn't too far from me so I went to take a look. First thing I see is it's a 67! and I fell dead off in love with it (I tried to act like I could care less). We couldn't keep it running to make it around the block (fuel issue) but the 350 looked fresh. The owner said he would fix it and give me a call. He did and I went back and it drove like a dream, motor ran perfect (had crap in the fuel line before). I had to have this thing and would have paid more than I did but we shook hands at 2K and I drove it home. Just started laying out the resto plans this week, going to be something special I think.

The first pic is when I first layed eyes on it....
The second is when I stopped about half way home to check things out, it quickly drew a crowd.
Attached Images

71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #77
jjzepplin

I took a trip to Cali and went to see my old friend. I was nosey and asked what was the bill for storage about that was laying on the counter. He said It's Old Yeller. (1970 swb 4wd all original). I always wanted that truck for about twenty years. I noticed the date on the envelope and it was old. I told him I would pay the bill if he gave me the truck. He says OK.
WHAT..? $700 bill and she was finally mine. ($2000 to ship to Florida) Wish I had that hauler to bring it home..
jjzepplin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #78
HO455
Post Whore

I love these stories. I guess its because I've lived some of them.
My Burban was one of the few vehicles I have bought when I was actually searching for a new vehicle instead of stumbling across one and buying it. It was about a 5-6 month search before I found what I wanted. I did pass on a 69 or 70 C20 with barn doors and a 292 with a 4 speed which would have been cool, but the owner had removed the springs (to lower it) and it rode on the bump stops. Driving it the 175 miles from Seattle was the deal breaker.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 09-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #79
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I spotted ours when I met my wife-to-be in '80. Her dad bought it in '73. Fast forward to '09 when he died my MiL gave it to us. I was at that time looking for an old station wagon or pickup to haul stuff in. Guess I won't be buying an old station wagon, now. Wouldn't mind another old truck, though.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #80
OregonNed

In December 2012 - my friend told be about this truck on Craigslist, after I mentioned wanting another truck, (having previously owned a '65 ans '66). We drove through snow and ice, (and a detour around the freeway when it closed) 17 hours round trip to retrieve it from the Idaho border. Based on two pictures, I wanted it sight unseen. Probably the best $6700 I have spent.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #81
Garn3

eBay! Bought it on his word.........it arrived just as he described.
Attached Images

Garn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #82
custom10nut

Found mine on the resale lot (a place for service members to buy/sell vehicles) on Ft Campbell. I bought it from a Blackhawk pilot that had “too many toys”.
After a little dickering, I gave him $2200 for it.
That was in May of 1992
My son was 9 weeks old (he’s 27 now, and a Tank mechanic in the Army) and he grew up in “the Truck”.
Needless to say, he’ll get to truck when I’m gone😎
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:49 PM   #83
CarlsLQ9SS

My 1971 GMC has been in the family since it was new. My father-in-laws dad bought it new in 71, and actually passed away right in front of it in the road. My father in law daily drove it for about 15 years and parked it behind my garage in 2006. Then last year he said I think im gonna pull the old GMC out and sell it. That got me to thinking because I had a 71 c10 about 15 years ago that I restored and decided to take it off of his hands. I have been collecting parts since and currently have it stripped down to the frame. And since my father in laws dads name was Henry I have decided to call it Henry after him. So I am the third owner of it and hope to daily drive it soon myself. I have already ls swapped it and built my own harness for it also, but all I have actually got done is sit it on the frame.
CarlsLQ9SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:31 AM   #84
MACO

Found mine on Kijji in Kamloops a few hundred kilometers from home. I got up really early and rode my motorcycle to Kamloops to meet the seller. The early morning ride through the mountains was awesome. I bought the truck and put my motorcycle in the back and drove home. I came prepared with tie downs ect. but had to go buy a piece of wood for a ramp. Lets just say the trip back in my truck took a whole lot longer than going there on my motorcycle.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2019, 02:05 AM   #85
Ventanakaz

Saw mine on Craigslist, it was being sold for 6000, I saw it at night time but I brought a flashlight with me, I told them I didn't have the money yet but would give them an extra 1000. 7000 for the truck. His friend and live in caregiver was helping him sell the truck and the money of the sale would go to her, There was a close call of the truck being sold for less money because he had cancer and she called me and said they have to sell the truck because he wasn't doing so good, He decided not to sell the truck for less to the other buyer, Finally after some time went by i had the money and picked up the Truck in Sacramento California, He looked worse than when I first saw him. Brought the truck home then about two weeks later he passed away, His caregiver which was one of his best friends got ahold of me and told me he passed away, She said he held on because he wanted me to have the truck, He knew how much I wanted it and liked me, The other buyers were flakes and tried to get it for less money, I feel the truck is not only mine but still his too, I think he loves what I have done with our truck so far and is looking down and smiling
:-)
Attached Images

Ventanakaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #86
bmxbang

Facebook marketplace, was about 2 hours away from me. Went and looked at it three times within a 4 day period and brought a truck and trailer with me the third time and brought the sucker home. Funny story the wife actually talked me into buying it Id say I have a winner there
bmxbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 PM   #87
PepperTreeGarage

Craigslist. Made some progress. Still working on it.
Attached Images

PepperTreeGarage is offline   Reply With Quote