The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #126
DANTIP

Re: 71 garage find stored since 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwells67 View Post
this is before i leave i pulled the pushbar off the front and put some compound on the grille,bumper and the front corner of the fender and it sure looks good. i can not wait till i get this whole thing cleaned up i think it will shock everybody how it turns out
I hope those are not "Pop" rivets on that outer grille shown in post #52!!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #127
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
It's actually over the line for trolling and has been reported so it should stop

Good, this thread is going no where....
Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #128
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin_c10 View Post

Good, this thread is going no where....
Which bites, cause I love these stories. There is just something about cleaning up and putting back into service an old ride. Especially ones like this, ones with low miles and fresh from long term storage. I hope the OP continues to post updates.
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
Old 11-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #129
sleepertruck72

fwells67,
Congratulations on your awesome score ! It looks good, I cant wait to see more pics of it cleaned up. I dig it
Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #130
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Which bites, cause I love these stories. There is just something about cleaning up and putting back into service an old ride. Especially ones like this, ones with low miles and fresh from long term storage. I hope the OP continues to post updates.
Posted via Mobile Device
We won't lock down the thread...just edit out any more trolling comments...

I am looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #131
fwells67

definately i will keep posting updates but i do not understand all the negativity about the miles,history,story and condition what does it matter anyway i was just posting something i thought everyone would like to see since it has been tucked away so long. if it was someone else's truck the last thing i would worry about is wanting proof and all that about milage and other stuff i would just congratulate them on a good buy and watch the progress. anyway thanks for all the compliments,replies and i will post any/all progress as it moves along
Old 11-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #132
Officer68

My 68 I bought has a clean title in Ohio except, it states "mileage discrepancy" Due to previous owner registering it at the bmv with a broken speedo. However, he forgot to show them/explain the odometer works, the speedo needle is busted off. To get the title fixed in Ohio, I would need a notarized letter from every previous owner to verify the mileage as shown on the odometer, my 3 owner truck original owner is dead. Ohio demands mileage verification whenever getting a new title issued. I care less on mine. There is no way in Ohio to reduce mileage on a title, on older vehicles there is also a box that says, exceeds mechanical limits, which is not shown on his title he posted. I say real deal on his title. I've titled nearly 30 cars and I'm only 34. Just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #133
YBNORML

Quote:
definately i will keep posting updates but i do not understand all the negativity about the miles,history,story and condition what does it matter anyway i was just posting something i thought everyone would like to see since it has been tucked away so long. if it was someone else's truck the last thing i would worry about is wanting proof and all that about milage and other stuff i would just congratulate them on a good buy and watch the progress. anyway thanks for all the compliments,replies and i will post any/all progress as it moves along
I can't speak for anyone else, but I can't get enough of these types of stories. Keep us updated
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67

Last edited by YBNORML; 11-10-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #134
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Quote:
Dude, you have nothing top prove to anyone, enjoy the truck and keep us posted on the restoration...
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 AM   #135
Maxxd07

Cripes, I just noticed this thing went VIRAL in two days! I have to say though I would instantly double, no wait, tripple you money on this thing! It has to be one of the neatest things I have seen on here. I also want to see MORE PICTURES PLEASE! I say spray it all down with WD-40 and put it in storage for another 40 years or so. No, I kid. But whatever you do with it is up to you and it is a great find for that price. Good luck with it and kudos to you for keeping your cool with all the naysayers.
Couple 70s
One 68
Old 11-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #136
stich626
Account Suspended

sorry .but that title in hand means nada.. the n.j. records are not complete that far back..
also sorry to break it to ya.. my 71 that was a texas truck.. had 121926 on it.. my new title in my name (2004) says 21926.. now I know my truck isn't a 21k truck but hay if ya look at the title.. well and the old title from the p/o that was the 2nd owner with 5k on it in 72.. no one questioned it at the dmv.. and they left off the 1.. it's on my copy of the texas title.. (in this state you have to hand in the old title so they get the original texas..)
it's a nice truck.. but don't get pissy because. really nothing adds up..
hope your right and no one challanges you to prove that family member had the right to sell it.. sound stupid.. but it really isn't , I know all to well.. but thats another thread..
good luck..
Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #137
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
hope your right and no one challanges you to prove that family member had the right to sell it...
He now has the title in his name, so obviously this was established. Did you read post number 46? You are now doing nothing more than trolling, and I suggest you drop it.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #138
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

Congrats on your score. Hope you enjoy it.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Old 11-10-2011, 04:14 AM   #139
ls1nova71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
I hope those are not "Pop" rivets on that outer grille shown in post #52!!
I think they are. I'm not challenging when it was changed, could have been done in '72, but a '71 would have a black stripe around it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 AM   #140
fwells67

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
sorry .but that title in hand means nada.. the n.j. records are not complete that far back..
also sorry to break it to ya.. my 71 that was a texas truck.. had 121926 on it.. my new title in my name (2004) says 21926.. now I know my truck isn't a 21k truck but hay if ya look at the title.. well and the old title from the p/o that was the 2nd owner with 5k on it in 72.. no one questioned it at the dmv.. and they left off the 1.. it's on my copy of the texas title.. (in this state you have to hand in the old title so they get the original texas..)
it's a nice truck.. but don't get pissy because. really nothing adds up..
hope your right and no one challanges you to prove that family member had the right to sell it.. sound stupid.. but it really isn't , I know all to well.. but thats another thread..
good luck..
the family member had every right to sell the truck it was his wife and that is why i had to get the power of att from the nj court while i was there. the ohio bmv would not transfer it without the paperwork showing she was in charge of his estate and i allready knew what i needed because i went there and told them what the lady told me and asked what i needed to have so i could get the ohio title and they told me everything i would need so when i got to nj the lady was more than happy to go with me to the courts to get the official paperwork i needed. everything was done with certified court papers otherwise i would not have the title in ohio in my name. i still do not know whayt the big deal is with any of this would people still be acting this way if i posted it as being a underwater find submerged since 73. i have the truck and the proper paperwork and that should be all that matters
Old 11-10-2011, 04:40 AM   #141
fwells67

on to a different topic this is what i might end up using for the transplant. then add buckets/console , tilt , tach/vac and it will be good to go in my opinion what do you guys think
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #142
stich626
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
He now has the title in his name, so obviously this was established. Did you read post number 46? You are now doing nothing more than trolling, and I suggest you drop it.
you got it.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #143
special-K
Special Order

I think it's healthy conversation to look a little harder and not just accept a seller's claim for face value. It's the old "Buyer Beware" in us at work. Often other perspectives bring about things not seen by the original poster. When I questioned the claim it was before any info was given as to how the truck came about sitting since 1973. With hind sight,anyone can look back with the additional info given since and find fault in comments made before. I don't see anyone hating. I do see another topic spring up within this thread over titling practices and proof of mileage...whatever. The truck is no doubt an original truck that has been parked a long long time,saving it from wear and tear of use all that time yet showing it's age from sitting unmoved. It is a steal of a deal at $2000,there is no doubt about that. All the accessories on the truck are from way back then and people used to swap an aluminum intake,Holley carb,and headers straight away on new vehicles back then. I guess I was wrong about the mirrors and I thought the way the paint on the outside has chipped and scratched that it looked like a repaint with too much hardener,but I guess not. I realize how it could have been damaged stuffed away for 40 years. The grille not being original is something to raise curiosity. That notched v-belt is newer than '73 also,but could have been switched when someone tried to get the truck running.
Since storage has taken it's toll,I think I'd take it down and reassemble. It would be an easy resto with minimal parts needed. It would be tempting to put such a low-mile example back to 100% original. But,I wouldn't have a problem with making it what you wished it was...a big block/auto,bucket seat,tilt,tach truck. Sounds like that would be easy,too.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #144
fwells67

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think it's healthy conversation to look a little harder and not just accept a seller's claim for face value. It's the old "Buyer Beware" in us at work. Often other perspectives bring about things not seen by the original poster. When I questioned the claim it was before any info was given as to how the truck came about sitting since 1973. With hind sight,anyone can look back with the additional info given since and find fault in comments made before. I don't see anyone hating. I do see another topic spring up within this thread over titling practices and proof of mileage...whatever. The truck is no doubt an original truck that has been parked a long long time,saving it from wear and tear of use all that time yet showing it's age from sitting unmoved. It is a steal of a deal at $2000,there is no doubt about that. All the accessories on the truck are from way back then and people used to swap an aluminum intake,Holley carb,and headers straight away on new vehicles back then. I guess I was wrong about the mirrors and I thought the way the paint on the outside has chipped and scratched that it looked like a repaint with too much hardener,but I guess not. I realize how it could have been damaged stuffed away for 40 years. The grille not being original is something to raise curiosity. That notched v-belt is newer than '73 also,but could have been switched when someone tried to get the truck running.
Since storage has taken it's toll,I think I'd take it down and reassemble. It would be an easy resto with minimal parts needed. It would be tempting to put such a low-mile example back to 100% original. But,I wouldn't have a problem with making it what you wished it was...a big block/auto,bucket seat,tilt,tach truck. Sounds like that would be easy,too.
why is the grille not original? could you explain what is wrong with it because i do not know. once i know i will call the lady and see if or why it was replaced but i did not even know it was not original to the truck.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #145
blkcorvair

Quote:
Glad to hear. And you did post something that we all like to see. I personally used the videos of the 70 mile ebay truck that nobody believes to help with my restoration. I have no basis to disproove your story. I am however very envious of it. I would love to find something like that. Fact is, if you do get the opprotunity to keep the original drivetrain, you have a truck that has an original title and good story and an original exampole that nobody can take away from you believer or not.

One of my great freinds has an 87 Corvette Convertible painted factory Copper Metaliac with less than 20k miles. You dont know how many arguments we used to get in at car shows when people assume it must have been sprayed and the factory never painted cars that color in 87. (Fact is with only 35 made that year whats the chance anyone has even seen one.)
Eventually we gave up and decided it was better to chuckle at thier ignorance than to keep trying to dsiproove them.

You do in fact have a great find with all you need to prove its history, I wish you the best of luck with it. (Unless you wanna sell ot to me and double your money real quick . ) Really I hope you get the chance to make a nice original example of this truck!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #146
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
As do we. Hopefully the bs will stop now.. Opinions and debates are fine, trolling and being a dipwad are not. Some folks have issues telling the difference. Any further trolling, or such will be handled accordingly.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #147
ls1nova71

The silver rivits in the black painted part of the grill should be black. Also should not be" pop" rivits, the kind with the hole in the center, they should be solid. Also in"'71 the grill had a black stripe around the perimeter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #148
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I just wanted to say you got a great deal there on an awesome truck! Im sorry you beat me to it as i live in NJ lol and if all this trolling gets to you, just PM me.. id gladly take this truck off your hands for three times what you paid for it..and take the heat for it from the naysayers
Id hope that you would consider keeping that as an all original truck because you just dont find them that nice that original but as others have said, its yours now to do what you like with..( Im just one of those who likes stock vintage vehicles) Im going to check in here from time to time as im usually on the 73-87 side because id love to keep up on your progress
Best of luck with it!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #149
Bert W

We humans are funny. If this statement "...plus it has 7,xxx orig miles yes that is right and i have all documents for verification." had been deleted in the original post this thread would be two pages of congratulations. Way to hang in there fwells67! As I said before, great old truck.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #150
CC69Rat

My bet is - anyone who has commented on this thread would give $2k for that truck in a heartbeat .. heck, anyone who's a member of this forum would. Original truck, yes I think it is period correct. Maybe someone in the 80's got it running with the new belts, etc and it got some junk on the gas tank and it quit again (?) Nobody knows for sure.. I wish it could talk.

But, bottom line we all know it's an awesome find. Take the original motor out, take the scratched up glove box lid .. I'd still give $2k for it.

On the grille - Maybe it was later build 71 ? It just happened to get a 72 grille shell?

Talking to my dad about it, there are different things on the truck that don't look period correct but maybe the old man's grandson drove it and got it running for 500 miles or so then it was parked again? Still .. I'd take it in a minute.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
Closed Thread