The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #126
mud.man.rj

Re: new member 1st post 59 apache

Spike I don't know how you have time to take oictures, with the sweet truck and cool blower I would be drivin around non stop.
mud.man.rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #127
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

It's looking great!
ChuckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #128
peterbuilt

For what it's worth I believe the seat is an "strato" bench. Optional in GMs from 66-70? Possibly 71,72 on some models - but in 71 they started moving into more plastic and high backs. Fairly popular in Riviera, Toronado, Eldorado.
Beauty is they look and feel like buckets, have nice sweeping lines and look great from every angle with nicely finished sides and back.
Buick and Olds had higher trim (foam, fabric, detail) levels but same shape was available for Pontiac and Chevy. Seat back release came without button, button on side and button on back. Early ones had no button. Buick, Olds have nice metal side and back trim that can be painted to match body and have a touch of chrome - looks nice. Pontiac and Chevy may be metal also but I've seen plastic. Headrest was optional beginning 1969 (I think). Ashtray on seat back/base behind armrest.
If anyone nearby is interested I have one from a 1967 riviera (green) in great condition. Width is 54" and is just a little too off center for my '72 - looks like it would be great for earlier trucks or later if re-upholster could add a couple inches. My '72 bench is 57" wide.
peterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote