The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #151
Greenlee

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Thanks man appreciate it!! Definitely like hearing positive words helps out. Where are the pins located at? My door sags pretty nasty so I'm sure the pins are worn out completely.
Posted via Mobile Device
You can see the bottom door pin in the pic below. If you cut it in the middle they come out pretty easy. The good news is they are cheap to buy. I removed the door, but i think I have seen where others did it without taking the door off.

Posted via Mobile Device
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #152
77ChevySharkBite

Okay I'm going to have to look at it this weekend, then thanks for the picture glad you mentioned something cause I was thinking what could I do to make my door flush I thought it might of just been some door mounts or something but now I know to look for the pins.
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #153
JRANGER

Do yourself a favor and get an extra pair of hands....The doors are heavy and doing it alone sucks...But if you must....Use a chair to hold the door up
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #154
77ChevySharkBite

Ahh alright I'll make sure to remember that. Definitely have friends that are willing to help just can't tell them what I'm doing haha
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #155
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
Someone promised pictures days ago and i see nada!! lol
you broke his balls!
Quote:
Alright well for JRANGER and all my other friends I promised here at the pictures.

Here is my NEW Edelbrock Valve Covers and Air Filter and Breather cap to get rid of the black ones I had and help tame all that orange thats on my motor, gives it more of a classic look what you guys think?

Now here is the best part of my hard work it took 2 days to get done but oh well its done and I still have more to do as well. What you think of the handy work though?

lookin beautifull. you know you say you cant paint but that primer job was pretty decent not to mention the filler job. those strips i would sell oh and the engine looks good. i have the same signiture series valve covers for $10 off some other kid... they looked just like that too, i tell ya he didnt have much use for em and didnt have much money at the time. feel bad but they look nice!! heres mine except yours is definatly cleaner
Attached Images

Last edited by chevybuilder18; 01-03-2013 at 03:36 AM.
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #156
77ChevySharkBite

nice great steal his loss your gain!! yeah I'm not a big huge chrome guy especially on classics but I know thats something thats common to do an a little chrome never hurts is the way I see it. Yeah I'll say after doing 2 fenders I'm starting to get the hang of painting of course practice makes perfect. Thank you for the kind words man, means alot from everyone to know that I'm doing a good job when it comes to painting. I've never done much hands on stuff unless its just simple stuff so this is a BIG step for me.

Only reason my looks clean is because I had an a/c compressor that "doesn't work" I'll test it one day to find out but I ripped that out and put it in my toolbox so thats the only reason it looks so clean. I don't want to compare engine bays until its finished thats jumping the gun a little my friend still have a loooong way to go haha.

I can definitely without a doubt say if it wouldn't be for you guys coming with me along with my build I wouldn't be able to do a lot of what I've done, or even guys outside the build. I appreciate all the help y'all have given me its been most encouraging no doubt and keeps me going.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #157
77ChevySharkBite

Well here's what I did this weekend I have 2 doors sanded and primed it started late last night about 11 went till about 2:15am and then I had to take my buddy home who was helping me. Here's photo's from last night that we got done. There was more done but I just didnt get a picture last night we had about past the door key lock done.

Now here's what I did by myself today haha started about 11am finished at about 3pm, so I wouldn't say too bad of time to get it done, just glad its done now.

And since I had Silverado logos that were flat back figured I'd take it a step further and make my handles and door key locks flat black as well just to do something different tell me what you guys think.

Now some good news you could say is that tomorrow I'll be ordering a new grille for the truck through lmc, and going to start slowly putting the front back together, and still sand down the rest of the truck. All I have left now is the cab, hood, and bed, I think I'll be saving the bed as the last thing to do, being as it will take the longest.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #158
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah I'll say after doing 2 fenders I'm starting to get the hang of painting of course practice makes perfect.
practice makes champs!
Quote:
Well here's what I did this weekend I have 2 doors sanded and primed it started late last night about 11 went till about 2:15am and then I had to take my buddy home who was helping me. Here's photo's from last night that we got done. There was more done but I just didnt get a picture last night we had about past the door key lock done.

Now here's what I did by myself today haha started about 11am finished at about 3pm, so I wouldn't say too bad of time to get it done, just glad its done now.

And since I had Silverado logos that were flat back figured I'd take it a step further and make my handles and door key locks flat black as well just to do something different tell me what you guys think.

Now some good news you could say is that tomorrow I'll be ordering a new grille for the truck through lmc, and going to start slowly putting the front back together, and still sand down the rest of the truck. All I have left now is the cab, hood, and bed, I think I'll be saving the bed as the last thing to do, being as it will take the longest.
i think that flat black door handle idea is awsome. i think the hood strip should stay on and go flat black also and i also noticed your passenger side door has that small dent near the front which would be hard to reach without the door completely disasembled. it may look intimadating to fix. but i know you could get it out with a lil hammering.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #159
77ChevySharkBite

Yeah I'll think about doing that this weekend I'll have photos later but me and a good buddy of mine just stayed up working on the hood from about 10pm-5am and I have when I. Less than 2 hours should make an interesting day ahead of me. all a out dedication for my squared family
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #160
77ChevySharkBite

Well I have the hood done, and the truck put back together so I'm going to posting pictures right now of the trucks hood, and later today I'll take some pictures of it put back together. Also forgot to mention I got a new battery tray so out with the old rusted in with the new, and hopefully never be rusted tray. Haha

Well here at the pictures with everything on it, its starting to look more and more like a truck saaaaaay what!! If you only saw it in person its just awesome to sit back and see that its coming along so good right now, its starting to look more and more like that classic truck that you expect it to live up to.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off

Last edited by 77ChevySharkBite; 01-12-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #161
chevybuilder18

nice.. looks like you been gettin her done!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #162
77ChevySharkBite

Yep, she's a work in progress I dont know what I'm going to do this weekend. Might be putting her in the audio shop and getting a new radio, speakers and get some tunes going because right now I only have 1 speaker working and well for me I love my music so I got to have me some jams.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #163
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yep, she's a work in progress I dont know what I'm going to do this weekend. Might be putting her in the audio shop and getting a new radio, speakers and get some tunes going because right now I only have 1 speaker working and well for me I love my music so I got to have me some jams.
custom subs and box mounted under the bench seat, youl know what that does to your wife or girl friend
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #164
77ChevySharkBite

I got to say though that 6th picture I posted, its actually pretty sweet cause its the hood and the front of my truck so its like my truck is watching me work on the hood just thought it was kind of cool haha

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #165
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
custom subs and box mounted under the bench seat, youl know what that does to your wife or girl friend
Haha nice!! and actually believe it or not there will be no subs in the truck, I love my music I have 2 15's in my dd but for some reason I'm not going to put a set in the truck I do however plan on having 4 6x9's in a box behind the seat of the truck facing up, it'll have audio no worries there but no subs.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #166
chevybuilder18

Quote:
I got to say though that 6th picture I posted, its actually pretty sweet cause its the hood and the front of my truck so its like my truck is watching me work on the hood just thought it was kind of cool haha
lol yea i talk to my truck and tell her everything im gonna do to her, and sometimes i think she gets pissed
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #167
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Haha nice!! and actually believe it or not there will be no subs in the truck, I love my music I have 2 15's in my dd but for some reason I'm not going to put a set in the truck I do however plan on having 4 6x9's in a box behind the seat of the truck facing up, it'll have audio no worries there but no subs.
gotta have a lil boom in your truck!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #168
77ChevySharkBite

I dont know how to double quote on here lol

Yeah I think she likes to stay pissed at my but when I drive her, she's happy I guess it's just a relationship I'll never fully understand between man and his truck but I love the truck.

Yeah well I'm going to put a more modern radio in it so I'll be able to control the bass some. Of course I hope no one takes offense but for me throwing subs in a classic truck like ours is just a no go for me, PERSONALLY I feel like I would be disgracing the truck. But like me and a buddy of mine talk all the time we say to each person there own.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #169
chevybuilder18

Quote:
I dont know how to double quote on here lol

Yeah I think she likes to stay pissed at my but when I drive her, she's happy I guess it's just a relationship I'll never fully understand between man and his truck but I love the truck.

Yeah well I'm going to put a more modern radio in it so I'll be able to control the bass some. Of course I hope no one takes offense but for me throwing subs in a classic truck like ours is just a no go for me, PERSONALLY I feel like I would be disgracing the truck. But like me and a buddy of mine talk all the time we say to each person there own.
lol yea true about the disgracing the truck. i understand.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #170
77ChevySharkBite

Like I said if thats what you want hey go for it don't let my opionion stop something you want to do. I keep forgetting to upload those pictures of the tach I've been pretty busy this week so been a little absent minded. I'll make sure to get them taken and uploaded today.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #171
77ChevySharkBite

Well despite what others say, I have decided to not get a new headunit, I started thinking heavily into and I started to chringe or however you spell it at the thought of me or anyone cutting into just to put more modern of a radio, but no worries I still will be getting speakers.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #172
JRANGER

Why do you cringe? Its simple but do what you do
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #173
77ChevySharkBite

I know its simple, I've read forums on how to do it. I just dont like the idea of cutting it I guess.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #174
JRANGER

gotcha
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #175
77ChevySharkBite

but I'm still going to "modern" it some and I've seen a conversion kit where you can play cd's and hook up you ipod and stuff to it.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off