The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #151
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: My Oldest Sons Frankentruck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBECK64 View Post
so I might post pictures of that before I leave.

JRBECK64
you better

Just kidding. Sounds like you're getting all the bugs worked out. Looking forward to the final product. On the hood....the tip I've used that's on here is to get it adjusted where you think and slowly close it to see if it touches anywhere. If the back end is sticking up, loosen the three bolts on each side that bolt to the fender and have someone hold the hood as high as they can at the front and tighten those bolts. Then Loosen the two at the hood to hinge and slide them forward slightly to compensate for the hood moving back and down (if there was perfect gap before)
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #152
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
you better

Just kidding. Sounds like you're getting all the bugs worked out. Looking forward to the final product. On the hood....the tip I've used that's on here is to get it adjusted where you think and slowly close it to see if it touches anywhere. If the back end is sticking up, loosen the three bolts on each side that bolt to the fender and have someone hold the hood as high as they can at the front and tighten those bolts. Then Loosen the two at the hood to hinge and slide them forward slightly to compensate for the hood moving back and down (if there was perfect gap before)
Thanks for all the info on the hood, Ive never done one of these before so any info is going to help.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #153
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Thanks for all the info on the hood, Ive never done one of these before so any info is going to help.

JRBECK64
no problem. I read it on here and it helped me so I figure I'd pass it on before you waste a couple hours playing with it and then coming on here asking for help like I've done before
Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #154
JRBECK64

Quote:
no problem. I read it on here and it helped me so I figure I'd pass it on before you waste a couple hours playing with it and then coming on here asking for help like I've done before

I usually try to out last a problem and I think I learned my lesson on the front fenders so I dont mind asking anymore. We put my Sons 64 hood on in about 10 minutes and Im hoping this one goes the same but this truck seems like its been fighting us a little more than my Sons 64 did.

JRBECK64
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #155
Redneck72

Quote:
I hope to have the hood on this weekend so I might post pictures of that before I leave.

JRBECK64
You know it would be so wrong of you if you got that hood on and did not post pictures. I want a good shot of the whole truck with that hood on. Grrr.. That thing looks so nice been dying now to see it with the hood on. I will say that when I redid the front end of my 86 way back when. The hood mount was not all that difficult. Like VA said put where you think it should be then close it slowly. If you see something off dont continue to shut it open it and fix it right away. By the time you get it all the way shut you should have to do nothing but tweek... Good luck and DONT FORGET THE PICTURES . There seems to be a theme here..lol.
Redneck72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #156
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck72 View Post
You know it would be so wrong of you if you got that hood on and did not post pictures. I want a good shot of the whole truck with that hood on. Grrr.. That thing looks so nice been dying now to see it with the hood on. I will say that when I redid the front end of my 86 way back when. The hood mount was not all that difficult. Like VA said put where you think it should be then close it slowly. If you see something off dont continue to shut it open it and fix it right away. By the time you get it all the way shut you should have to do nothing but tweek... Good luck and DONT FORGET THE PICTURES . There seems to be a theme here..lol.
Redneck72,
Didn't get the hood on but did install the shoulder harness seat belts so here is a couple of pictures of me and my #1 Dog Helper (JUDGE) under the truck with me. By the way, Im setting here drinking a Dead Guy Ale Beer from Rogue Brewery and its cold and tasting really good. Judge is looking at me like he wants a drink but dog friendship only goes so far. Here we are

Old 08-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #157
JRBECK64

Well We got the Hood and the Cowl Panel on and aligned. Now if I could just find my Upholstery Guy. I think he May be In the Himalaya's Visiting the Dolly Lama while using my door panels as a sled. I come more beleiving he got eaten by a Yetti. Ok enough of that, Here are the Pictures I said I would send out before we leave on our Alaskan Cruise so I kept my promise. Here they are.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #158
marcsRX
68 C10 SWB

Beautiful! Congrats!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #159
Redneck72

WoW... I feel so inspired...that thing looks absolutley awesome. I guess I need to call and cancel the vodoo hex I was going to put on you for not getting us pic before you left.... now if i can figure out what I did with that vodoo witch doctors phone number.... I Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise... My mom and dad are going to be going on one soon also. They are doing the trip from Anchorage to ketchikan I believe.... Once again awesome...I will redirect the hex to your Upholstery man...if I can find that number.... by the way love the dog...we just got one two weeks ago and she is a cutie...Bon voyage...and have fun.

Paul
Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #160
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsRX View Post
Beautiful! Congrats!!!
marcsRX,
Thanks, it seems like its taken a lot more than 4 months to complete.

JRBECK64
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #161
greenbd71

Nice looking truck! Congradulations on the build!! I did not read every post so forgive me if this is a repeat question. How much do you have invested in the truck...from what you paid for the truck until you have everything that your going to put on it. I am asking since I just finished my truck not to long ago and it adds up fast. But atleast you did most of the work which saves you alot of green.
greenbd71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #162
VA72C10
VA72C10

Truck looks fantastic! Have a great time on vacation!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #163
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbd71 View Post
Nice looking truck! Congradulations on the build!! I did not read every post so forgive me if this is a repeat question. How much do you have invested in the truck...from what you paid for the truck until you have everything that your going to put on it. I am asking since I just finished my truck not to long ago and it adds up fast. But atleast you did most of the work which saves you alot of green.
Got about 12K into it.

Thanks for the compliments.

JRBECK64
Old 08-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #164
JRBECK64

Quote:
Truck looks fantastic! Have a great time on vacation!
Thanks for the Compliment and Were going to give it our best shot. I promiced my Wife like 10 years ago and about 6 trucks ago that I would take her on an Alaskan Cruise so here we go. I didn't tell my Wife about the fact that Kidney Stone #74 thats 6mm long is trying to work its way out. Im taking my heavy hitting Narcotics with me in case the pain get to be to much. One of them and a Beer and I could get run over by a train and I wouldn't know it. Your all Sworn to Secrecy.

JRBECK64
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #165
RossRinSD

Quote:
Thanks for the Compliment and Were going to give it our best shot. I promiced my Wife like 10 years ago and about 6 trucks ago that I would take her on an Alaskan Cruise so here we go. I didn't tell my Wife about the fact that Kidney Stone #74 thats 6mm long is trying to work its way out. Im taking my heavy hitting Narcotics with me in case the pain get to be to much. One of them and a Beer and I could get run over by a train and I wouldn't know it. Your all Sworn to Secrecy.

JRBECK64
Whatever it takes to keep the wife happy and the build progressing. Enjoy your trip.
RossRinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #166
VA72C10
VA72C10

Sorry to hear about the stone....hope you get some relief.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #167
ixnay

Hey, need someone to watch over the rig while your gone? I promise I'll wipe the drool stains off.

Enjoy your cruise, but leave the k-stone here. No sense packing extra weight.

MJH
ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #168
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
Hey, need someone to watch over the rig while your gone? I promise I'll wipe the drool stains off.

Enjoy your cruise, but leave the k-stone here. No sense packing extra weight.

MJH
Made it back from the Alaskan Cruise in one peice. Now I need to figure out if I have a bad Battery or if the Truck is somehow draining the battery. Next chapter in debugging My Sons Truck.

JRBECK64
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #169
Redneck72

Quote:
Made it back from the Alaskan Cruise in one peice. Now I need to figure out if I have a bad Battery or if the Truck is somehow draining the battery. Next chapter in debugging My Sons Truck.

JRBECK64
Well hope you had a great time hope all the little rocks made their way out and you are doing well.

Paul
Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #170
JRBECK64

Quote:
Well hope you had a great time hope all the little rocks made their way out and you are doing well.

Paul
Thanks Redneck72,
My Wife and I had a great time. I got stung by a JellyFish when I was pulling a Crab Pot and that hurts in fact it hurt for about 6 hours and then it went away. The Kidney Stone quit moving for the whole cruise luckily. Them Cruises are nothing but an Eating Festival. I cant believe how much food there is on one of those ships. Well the Truck goes in for its Front End Alignment on Monday then it goes to the Muffler Shop on Tuesday to get the Exhaust System installed. Im really looking forward to starting my next project (67 Shortwide).

JRBECK64
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #171
Redneck72

Quote:
Thanks Redneck72,
My Wife and I had a great time. I got stung by a JellyFish when I was pulling a Crab Pot and that hurts in fact it hurt for about 6 hours and then it went away. The Kidney Stone quit moving for the whole cruise luckily. Them Cruises are nothing but an Eating Festival. I cant believe how much food there is on one of those ships. Well the Truck goes in for its Front End Alignment on Monday then it goes to the Muffler Shop on Tuesday to get the Exhaust System installed. Im really looking forward to starting my next project (67 Shortwide).

JRBECK64
I am so glad that the pain went away and you were able to enjoy your cruise. I keep hearing that about those cruises... bring a couple pants two sizes larger because you are going to eat eat eat...lol. Better let us know when you start that next project so I can subscribe that one also.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #172
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

This project turned out nice congrats and just intime for the nice weather.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #173
JRBECK64

Quote:
I am so glad that the pain went away and you were able to enjoy your cruise. I keep hearing that about those cruises... bring a couple pants two sizes larger because you are going to eat eat eat...lol. Better let us know when you start that next project so I can subscribe that one also.
Yesterday my Sons were working on the Truck and we were having fits with the Windshield Wipers. They were stuck on when every you would have the key turned to any posistion but off. The Windshield Wipers were working even with the Windshield Wiper Switch in the off Position. I think the Windshield Wiper switch must be shorted because if you take it out of the dash the wipers work fine but as soon as you put the Windshield wiper switch to ground or any metal it starts too do the same thing. So we figured out how to insulate the switch and now its working but I know something is still wrong with it. Just cant figure it out. I guess I need to go buy a new wiper switch to see if its just shorted internally. We got all the seat belts in and the seat installed properly. My Son is going to Register it this Friday so I can get it on the road and start to work the bugs out of it. There is a lot to be said for Ripping out all the wiring and replacing it with new, that way you know what you got.

JRBECK64
Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #174
Redneck72

Definitely sounds like a shorted wire in the switch. It is apparently shorted to the case if insullating it fixed the problem. I would replace the switch. No sense in living with a known problem that can be fixed.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #175
JRBECK64

Quote:
Definitely sounds like a shorted wire in the switch. It is apparently shorted to the case if insullating it fixed the problem. I would replace the switch. No sense in living with a known problem that can be fixed.
Redneck72,
I thought it might make for a Redneck Joke, You know he's a redneck if he insulates the switch rather than buy a new one!!! JK, but I am going to buy a new one and I totally agree with you. We have taken this truck this far and it would be stupid not to fix it.

JRBECK64