The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #176
shifty
Questionable

Re: 72 2wd Blazer: Project "Break Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkade View Post
Here is my new inspirational pictures.

Hey, it's Mike Fusco's truck

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...vy_blazer.html

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 AM   #177
shifty
Questionable

This was also included in the same edition of CCT:

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...mc_pickup.html

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #178
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
This was also included in the same edition of CCT:

http://www.truckinweb.com/features/0...mc_pickup.html
It is a sweet ride but the roadster thing sucks if you wanna really drive one.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #179
jkade

Few updates:
Sit body back on a week or 2 ago and made sure the rearend was "centered" in the wheel wells.
Cut the floor pan out for trans clearence. Got the motor sitting where it needs to be. Found a t56 that I am going to pick up this week so there is no longer a auto trans in the works. I know you a like to see pics but I didn't take any this time around.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #180
jkade

I did pick up the 04 gto t56 today
Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #181
Rokcrln

With out pics how do we really know it happened! J/K
Must feel good to be making forward progress.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #182
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
With out pics how do we really know it happened! J/K
Must feel good to be making forward progress.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
I guess it is progress, just one less thing I have to buy now Got to get motor mounts and headers now
Old 04-19-2008, 02:52 AM   #183
jkade

Well not a blazer update but we found out today that we are going to be blessed with a son. I am not usually one to tear up but when I saw him on that screen it did bring a few tears to my eye. Going to be cool to have a little hotrod buddy running around
Old 04-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #184
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Guess you need to re-think your back seat plans for the Blazer. Congrats!

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #185
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Guess you need to re-think your back seat plans for the Blazer. Congrats!
Yeah, there isn't going to be one My wife says he isn't going to be riding in it anyways, she says I am to right foot heavy Thanks on the congrats.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #186
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Congrats on the Blazer's future owner!!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 AM   #187
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Congrats on the Blazer's future owner!!
He will have to buy his own Maybe he will be into VW's and won't want it
Old 04-19-2008, 04:22 AM   #188
killer71

congratulations...mine is 4 and he is cool to have around!
killer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #189
Rokcrln

Is this your first? I we had Taylor just over nine months ago and it has been great. You will slow down and the wife will let you drive him around someday. I took my son to the dumps on his first truck ride in Low Buck when he was only a few weeks old and for the last month he has been in it everyday. Congratulations and don't worry your wife will let you touch her again some day

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #190
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Is this your first? I we had Taylor just over nine months ago and it has been great. You will slow down and the wife will let you drive him around someday. I took my son to the dumps on his first truck ride in Low Buck when he was only a few weeks old and for the last month he has been in it everyday. Congratulations and don't worry your wife will let you touch her again some day

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Yes this is the first. The good thing about me still working on the blazer is that is is over at Granny and PawPaw's house. That will give me a good excuse to go over there and work and they can have time with the baby also Maybe me working out of my dad's shop might pay off after all She still likes to be touched right now but I am sure that will change
Thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #191
AZ68SUB

Congrats on the baby boy. I have a 21 month old and another coming any day now. They are a blast.

'68 Suburban 396/400
AZ68SUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #192
jkade

Update with no pics Got me a cab and cut the roof off for the traizer conversion thanks to Uncle. ART 4 link is in the mail, and got a set of pacesetter long tubes for a f-body so I can get to work on motor mounts, trans mount, etc. I have to help put down about 1500 sq ft of hardwood and I am starting back on it.

Biggest thing that has slowed progress is that the company that I have worked for for over 8 years is closing and today was my last day. I have been scared to spend any money since I did not know if I could find a job. I am starting my new job Monday for a logistics company and I should end up making 3 times what I do now in a year to 2 years and I didn't have to take a cut in pay to start there. I am hoping to be done by 2010 and make it to the Nashville Goodguys for its shakedown run. I guess we will just have to see how things go but going there over the weekend give my wife the fever to get it done so we will have something to cruise in.

Last edited by jkade; 07-02-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #193
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ68SUB View Post
Congrats on the baby boy. I have a 21 month old and another coming any day now. They are a blast.
We had a 4d done the other day and it was amazing seeing him in there already sucking on his thumb. Looks like he is going to be a week or 2 early since he is a lb and 2 ounces ahead of what he should be. Looks like he will be here at the end of August or the first of Sept.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #194
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Quote:
We had a 4d done the other day and it was amazing seeing him in there already sucking on his thumb. Looks like he is going to be a week or 2 early since he is a lb and 2 ounces ahead of what he should be. Looks like he will be here at the end of August or the first of Sept.
Those 4D's are unreal. The ultrasound technology was so much different from when my little girl was born (5 yr old) to when my son was born (1 yr old) it is unreal. Besides the head and spine, I really couldn't make out much on the ones we had done with my daughter (even though the Dr. was like "See, there's her hand" or "There's her cheek!", I was like yeah, um OK, I see that.). The ones they did with my son had some much detail to them and you could really see what things were. Word of advice, be ready in advance. One of mine was 4 weeks early and the other was 7 weeks early, so just know that is a possibility. They were both fine, but holding a tiny 4 lb baby is just out of this world!

BTW, thanks on the alternate directions home the other day. It saved a lot of time. I am also very glad I got to see Cave Springs. I love old houses and buildings and it was treat to see that nice little town. It would make a great backdrop for some seeten-esque truck pics!
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #195
AZ68SUB

Quote:
That's great to hear that everything is going along well and both the baby and the wife are healthy. We ended up having our 2nd boy on 4/25, and everything is wonderful.

'68 Suburban 396/400
AZ68SUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #196
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
Those 4D's are unreal. The ultrasound technology was so much different from when my little girl was born (5 yr old) to when my son was born (1 yr old) it is unreal. Besides the head and spine, I really couldn't make out much on the ones we had done with my daughter (even though the Dr. was like "See, there's her hand" or "There's her cheek!", I was like yeah, um OK, I see that.). The ones they did with my son had some much detail to them and you could really see what things were. Word of advice, be ready in advance. One of mine was 4 weeks early and the other was 7 weeks early, so just know that is a possibility. They were both fine, but holding a tiny 4 lb baby is just out of this world!

BTW, thanks on the alternate directions home the other day. It saved a lot of time. I am also very glad I got to see Cave Springs. I love old houses and buildings and it was treat to see that nice little town. It would make a great backdrop for some seeten-esque truck pics!
Thanks for the advice, I am not a man to tear up much but when I saw his face it choked me up and I had to hold it in.

No prob and I am glad you made it home ok and I hope you are happy with the purchase. Yes that would be a good backdrop for SeeTen.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #197
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ68SUB View Post
That's great to hear that everything is going along well and both the baby and the wife are healthy. We ended up having our 2nd boy on 4/25, and everything is wonderful.
Thanks and everything is great right now. Congrats on the second boy
Old 08-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #198
jkade

I ran into a big snag as I thought I might when I started mocking up the 4 link. The explorer 8.8 is off centered 3" and the pinion is offset 1" so that is a total of 4". I am taking the rearend in the morning to have it narrowed 3" since that is how much longer the drivers side tube is compared to the passenger side. The problem was that one of the upper links would have had to attached to the center section and the other would have been attached to the tube so I couldn't get my upper bars the same angle without one mounting lower at the front than the other and it was going to be impossible to get the bags to mount right if I didn't fix this also. I am still up in the air about using bags but I have them and I still might.

You can see here what I am talking about on this thing being off centered.

So now that the rearend is going to be 3" narrower I am going to have to run a 12" wide rear wheel which will look better in my opinion. I was wanting to run the grey spoke americans since my brother has two that I can use on the front and they are new but they don't make a 20x12 in them. I am going to check into having a set of 20x10's rehooped on some 12" wide hoops, my buddy had this done to a set of wheels and the price wasn't that bad.

We like about 4 more weeks and the baby will be here so I am shooting on getting back to work on it in a few months or that is the plan At the rate I have been going for the last 10 months I may get it done by the time he finishes grade school

I hope to get the suspension far enough along so we can sit the body back on and get to work on getting the cab welded on and chopped during the winter months. After that it is going to be a slow process since the parts list will be huge and the money tight, the way I look at it I am going to have to spend another $20k to get this thing done and I am not going to cut corners to save a little here and there just to get it back on the road.

I will show a pic of the seats I am going to use thanks to a guy that had these in a 72 at the goodguys show in Nashville. They are from around a 2000 300m and he said that fit with little mods and I think they look great.

I will shoot some more pics of the rearend when I get it back, this thing is going to be narrow.

Last edited by jkade; 08-01-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #199
jkade

So this will be the tire that I am going to have to run since I am going to need 12" wheels. THat is a 335/30/20 and they aren't smoker friendly with their price tag.

Last edited by jkade; 08-01-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #200
babyblueoval

You gotta admit that tire is gonna look sweet on there!

I love the seats but I also love the console in the green truck. It's so simple and sleek. That helps me a little with ideas for mine.

'71 Blazer-Porterbuilt Dropmember C4/LS1/6L80E
'57 VW beetle - Oct. 2006 Hot VW's pg. 87 - 350hp intercooled, turbocharged, EFI 2.3liter and 5spd in the works
'87 BMW 325i - daily driver
babyblueoval is offline   Reply With Quote