The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #176
chevybuilder18

Re: 78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

gonna call my buddy and make some motor mounts. weld some.. lol
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #177
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
gonna call my buddy and make some motor mounts. weld some.. lol

Woohoo!!! Sounds awesome!!!!!

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #178
chevybuilder18

Omg. dont ask how i got the engine and trans out of the truck. the devil wanted me to sell my soul just to get one small block out!! i denyed him and defyed. the neighbor was even helping!! well ordered the flexplate for the adaption. it comes with a spacer blah blah. Oh the truck is sitting a lil more level now. without an engine. no welder. friend is to stubbourn!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #179
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Omg. dont ask how i got the engine and trans out of the truck. the devil wanted me to sell my soul just to get one small block out!! i denyed him and defyed. the neighbor was even helping!! well ordered the flexplate for the adaption. it comes with a spacer blah blah. Oh the truck is sitting a lil more level now. without an engine. no welder. friend is to stubbourn!!!

Nice glad your out with the old, now in with the new yeah it sure does suck when friends say yeah I'll help you and then they change there mind or something.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #180
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Nice glad your out with the old, now in with the new yeah it sure does suck when friends say yeah I'll help you and then they change there mind or something.
Tomorrow ill have the spacer and flexplate. that means ill be able to put it in soon... cant wait...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #181
chevybuilder18

I also want to thank everyone who has watched this build and watched me humungulate on different problems and how to solve the issues at hand. and how it effected the way the build would turn out to be.. id also like to give thanks to those on this very board who shake sticks at those who say "that cant be done" what cant be done will be done, just to show people it works. I gotta say alot of members, surprise me, saw all sorts of defying things on this board. on this forum. and the lot. cant say i wasnt impressed with everyones builds or built chevys, even if they didnt have a chevy engine, or a V8. the thing is, i respect those who love these trucks and explore the possibilitys. Of coarse, none of us would have had one of these trucks, if we didnt imagine driving one...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #182
chevybuilder18

I have the ATP flexplate on there now, the tranny is connected to the motor, thats it. now the truck part lol.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #183
chevybuilder18

Im gonna pull the cross member and Modify it.. sorry i got no pics. if my phone didnt suck as much lol
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #184
77ChevySharkBite

Hey man I've enjoyed watching the build!!

With all builds there's always ups and downs, easy things hard things, for example my truck can't get my shock off, it's just a matter of getting over that hump, which you've accomplished many times bro!! We're all here for support, like I've said before we're like this one big family just across this big ole world!

Glad to hear you got your stuff can't wait for more progress man!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #185
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Hey man I've enjoyed watching the build!!

With all builds there's always ups and downs, easy things hard things, for example my truck can't get my shock off, it's just a matter of getting over that hump, which you've accomplished many times bro!! We're all here for support, like I've said before we're like this one big family just across this big ole world!

Glad to hear you got your stuff can't wait for more progress man!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
one big hump to get over now and i have to risk life just to get it accomplished? The cross member is now unhinged from the drivers side but the damn gas tank is on the pass side. i cant unbolt the thing so i had to grind the bolts off... there rusted completely. i dont wanna grind near the tank
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #186
77ChevySharkBite

Yeah, risking your life isn't fun at all, trust me I think plenty of us rather not do it, well make sure to have extra help next time man!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #187
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah, risking your life isn't fun at all, trust me I think plenty of us rather not do it, well make sure to have extra help next time man!
Posted via Mobile Device
Ha! got the cross member out without grinding on the pass side. finally broke the bolts loose. double wrenching is the best
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #188
77ChevySharkBite

Nice Nice!!!! Glad you got it out man!! Yeah I've had to learn about double wrenching myself it sure does make things a lot easier!

So what's next?

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #189
THE "10" SILVERADO

I had my fair share of "not so safe" adventures on my truck. Like when I found out I put the motor mounts in upside down and had to pull them off and reverse with the engine sitting two inches above my hands.....I worked a lot faster than I ever had before! haha

Yeah man, what's next?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #190
rs74

Be careful around the fuel. Years ago a mechanic was working on a late 70's model C10 with 88+ stepside bed on it. Sharp truck with a pretty blue paint job. The fuel tank was sitting in the bed full of race fuel and the mechanic slid it out of the bed to do something to it and static electricity got the better part of everything. Burnt the truck with 427 and all down with the building.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #191
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
Be careful around the fuel. Years ago a mechanic was working on a late 70's model C10 with 88+ stepside bed on it. Sharp truck with a pretty blue paint job. The fuel tank was sitting in the bed full of race fuel and the mechanic slid it out of the bed to do something to it and static electricity got the better part of everything. Burnt the truck with 427 and all down with the building.

Wow that's sad man! Yeah its crazy to think the smallest things can cause something like that to happen, I'm all anal about some things man, like pumping gas at a gas station car has to be turned off or I'll ask you to turn it off. If I use my cell phone I step away from my car and the pump.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #192
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Nice Nice!!!! Glad you got it out man!! Yeah I've had to learn about double wrenching myself it sure does make things a lot easier!

So what's next?
haha ill tell you after i qoute the others
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
I had my fair share of "not so safe" adventures on my truck. Like when I found out I put the motor mounts in upside down and had to pull them off and reverse with the engine sitting two inches above my hands.....I worked a lot faster than I ever had before! haha

Yeah man, what's next?
Lol How do you put the engine mounts in up side down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
Damn!! Not much has been done. i have my new wiring harness, all the bolts in from trann to engine, bought the starter, and spent 150 bucks on that, really it was 164 plus tax.... oh then i had someone take the drive shaft so they could put the 4l80e yoke on... thats about it.. im putting it in tomorrow cause the town said it was "inoprable" in there nice letter
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #193
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Damn!! Not much has been done. i have my new wiring harness, all the bolts in from trann to engine, bought the starter, and spent 150 bucks on that, really it was 164 plus tax.... oh then i had someone take the drive shaft so they could put the 4l80e yoke on... thats about it.. im putting it in tomorrow cause the town said it was "inoprable" in there nice letter
Aww well that was sweet of them Well I hope everything goes smooth and it's and easy install for ya man, I'll be waiting for updates

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-14-2013, 03:42 AM   #194
chevybuilder18

UPDATE. i got the engine in after a few cold ones, and decided it was time to put up or shut up... got the truck and engine suited, just need to notch the frame i guess because the manifolds stick out to far. i plan on shaving the frame instead.. lil bit at a time. ill mark it before i take the engine back out...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #195
JRANGER

woohoo!! Closer and Closer
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #196
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
woohoo!! Closer and Closer
Decided today isnt the day to excecute plans for the truck. one... boston marathon... prayers and thoughs go out to those familys and those who got hurt or died.. and its rainy outside.. It was nice but weather changed, heard something about a bomb, thought north korea went loco, and it was only a street bombing but still.. something like this shouldnt happen right now when were on the edge of... WW3... i know its a truck site but stuff is affecting me
Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #197
77ChevySharkBite

Look man, we all have our reasons yes it is a truck site, but these trucks are a part of our lives and we all share our lives on here. I heard something about it this morning and just got an update on it, it's really sad what the world is coming to.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #198
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:

Lol How do you put the engine mounts in up side down?
Little late but here's how. You know those metal tabs molded into the mounts? They are there in case the mount breaks and the tabs will catch on the motor mounts. Well, I put them in backwards so the lower tab was on top which made them catch the motor mounts before the engine could fully sit into the mounts...if that makes any sense.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #199
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Little late but here's how. You know those metal tabs molded into the mounts? They are there in case the mount breaks and the tabs will catch on the motor mounts. Well, I put them in backwards so the lower tab was on top which made them catch the motor mounts before the engine could fully sit into the mounts...if that makes any sense.
i gotcha those are a PITA, did some on a camaro and the engine clamshells are very different from truck to camaro. that means the tabs on the clamshells dont line up the engine right at all.. ones bigger than the other.. had to reuse the camaro clamshells
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #200
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Look man, we all have our reasons yes it is a truck site, but these trucks are a part of our lives and we all share our lives on here. I heard something about it this morning and just got an update on it, it's really sad what the world is coming to.
Yea it is sad.. Thank you for your understanding