The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2022, 04:41 PM   #1
airspeed247

1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Before I begin I want to note for anyone who decides to read this. As a home garage mechanic, my goal for this truck is simply to give some life back to it, make some humble mods to it and get it back on the road full time like it deserves. Hoping to ship it with us to Hawaii and be able to enjoy it on the island while we live there. Figure at the very least it will give my two year old and I something to tinker with together. (Trying to teach her to be independent and not have to rely on men who can't change their own tire) Not trying to invest ten's of thousands into it and make it a show truck.

Just your solid every day road worthy square that can strike up some driveway and gas station conversations. Just my way of appreciating it.

So here we go:

It's been a while since I've used this forum and decided it was time to get back into it with my most recent vehicle swap. Figured best case it would give me a good place to archive things as I do them.

Long story short I buy and sell way too many vehicles but there's a couple that I always seem to go back to. Old Chevy trucks is one of them.

I'm prior service but about a year ago my wife decided to enlist so I'm taking to the sidelines and get to watch her kill it. She wanted it and made it happen, huge props to her.

Long story short after moving to her first station in Pensacola I had picked up a 97' 4X4 Tahoe to build. Then almost shortly after us getting here my wife got orders to Hawaii. With those news I decided I wanted something I could easily get parts for and really enjoy spending some quality wrenching time with. I had already picked up a 61' Chevy from my dad but it's not road worthy and will be in storage until we get back. So I looked around locally and I came across a short bed 79' 2WD. It didn't catch my eye at first but after looking at it more for a few days I shifted some things around, sold the Tahoe and was able to pickup the new project.

Got a fair deal on it and drove it home. Here's how it sits now:
Attached Images

Last edited by airspeed247; 08-04-2022 at 05:14 PM.
airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote